[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Also my point is about the reddit post and the aoe overlap shenanigans as being incorrect.
The biggest question is how much increased area stacking is worth against other stats, because without reliable data it's really hard to answer questions "is x amount of increased aoe better than spending the same item / passive point budget into extra attack speed or skill duration".

Also GG nerfed AOE stacking I think somewhere after Legion to curb cyclone, it used to scale radius, now it scales true area so you need 4 times the area to double the diameter.

And while I've seen people showcase fun stuff like "make a zombie taller than Kitava", I've never seen people showcase some super huge TR pods. Ice crash, yes, storm call, yes, shock nova / doryani fist, cyclone, yes, but TR? Nope. Makes me wonder if you just cannot make whole screen big pod after all.

That makes me hesitant to consider stuff like awakened area of effect gems, because it's so hard to find solid proof how much of an impact it would have, especially with relation to already existing increases of area.
Hey, as a new player i just wanted to take the time to thank you for this build, it's a ton of fun! Started quite late in the league with a cheap frost blades assassin and decided to go for this as a next step, and i learned a lot of things about the game along the way.

After two days spent on the trading site (TR builds must have become quite popular since your writeup because some pieces of gear/notables were crazy expensive) and around 15ex this is what i ended up with: https://pastebin.com/Q63z4eR1

Obviously quite far from your numbers but i finally feel powerful on red maps! And survivability is pretty great, only one death so far after meeting Kosis on my very first tier 15 map.
Anyway any idea on what should be my top priority upgrade once i get some currency back? Also did i make a terrible mistake by not taking the acrobatics nodes? (Only level 91 right now)

Thanks again!
"
Damzor8 wrote:
Hey, as a new player i just wanted to take the time to thank you for this build, it's a ton of fun! Started quite late in the league with a cheap frost blades assassin and decided to go for this as a next step, and i learned a lot of things about the game along the way.

After two days spent on the trading site (TR builds must have become quite popular since your writeup because some pieces of gear/notables were crazy expensive) and around 15ex this is what i ended up with: https://pastebin.com/Q63z4eR1

Obviously quite far from your numbers but i finally feel powerful on red maps! And survivability is pretty great, only one death so far after meeting Kosis on my very first tier 15 map.
Anyway any idea on what should be my top priority upgrade once i get some currency back? Also did i make a terrible mistake by not taking the acrobatics nodes? (Only level 91 right now)

Thanks again!

Glad you're having a good time!

As for upgrades, gems come first. Grab a 21/20 toxic rain and a level 4 empower as your next purchases. Your DPS will go up over 30% just on the back of that alone. 21/20 TR is about 1.5 ex, and a level 4 empower is 1 ex at this point in the league, so you'll have them in no time.

After that, probably the amulet is the next piece I'd upgrade. Getting either +1 to dexterity or +1 chaos skill gems plus some other useful stuff (life/res/attributes) shouldn't be too expensive right now, and gem levels still give you the best bang for your buck.

As for cluster jewels, I think it's probably a lack of supply problem more than my guide driving up prices. Anybody who's crafting jewels for profit is making the herald stacking ones. Toxic Rain is still too niche that most people just craft their own to use and never sell them, or they've quit the league, so there just aren't going to be a lot listed. These would probably be things I'd upgrade later, especially if you don't feel confident you know what you're doing. While there's no better way to learn than to try, self-crafting tends to just delete currency as a beginner.

Lastly, yes you should go pick up Acro/Phase Acro. Perhaps refund the jewel socket next to method to madness, trickery, and the extra life node behind blood drinker.
Last edited by rlauren2 on May 24, 2020, 8:37:06 PM
"
Damzor8 wrote:

Thanks again!

After rlauren recommendations I highly recommend u get "unspeakable gifts" - "Enemies you Kill have a 10% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage" on one of your large cluster jewels. It will increase your clear speed tremendously.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
As for upgrades, gems come first. Grab a 21/20 toxic rain and a level 4 empower as your next purchases. Your DPS will go up over 30% just on the back of that alone.

Did just that and your percentage is spot on, reached 1344794 DoT DPS (with Vaal Haste on). Never thought i'd play with a level 28 skill!
I will try to achieve level 96 and complete the acrobatics tree branch, it's indeed a lot of dodge chance. Probably need more life and ES too if i want to try out end game content.

"
After rlauren recommendations I highly recommend u get "unspeakable gifts" - "Enemies you Kill have a 10% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage" on one of your large cluster jewels. It will increase your clear speed tremendously.

Looks pretty great indeed. On a 3 notables large cluster jewel it looks like a 5ex investment so time to grind i guess!
Last edited by Damzor8 on May 25, 2020, 5:02:55 PM
"
Damzor8 wrote:
"
rlauren2 wrote:
As for upgrades, gems come first. Grab a 21/20 toxic rain and a level 4 empower as your next purchases. Your DPS will go up over 30% just on the back of that alone.

Did just that and your percentage is spot on, reached 1344794 DoT DPS (with Vaal Haste on). Never thought i'd play with a level 28 skill!
I will try to achieve level 96 and complete the acrobatics tree branch, it's indeed a lot of dodge chance. Probably need more life and ES too if i want to try out end game content.

"

Looks pretty great indeed. On a 3 notables large cluster jewel it looks like a 5ex investment so time to grind i guess!

Depending on how adept you are at organizing your betrayal board, it's possible to farm Leo in research for exalt slams fairly reliably. You can use this to lower the cost of crafting tremendously. Alt-augment-regal crafting into 2 notables and 2 jewel sockets is pretty easy with the chaos jewels. Alt-augment-regal into 3 notables is a bit tougher, but it gives you a better chance at hitting the proper outcome with the slam.

While it is certainly nice to have, I'd put unspeakable gifts a bit lower on the prioritization. It's more of a luxury. Especially when the large cluster jewels with Unholy Grace as the suffix notable are wayyyy cheaper, it's hard to justify dropping the 5 ex until the rest of your stuff is pretty much set. Just my personal preference.
"
rlauren2 wrote:

Depending on how adept you are at organizing your betrayal board, it's possible to farm Leo in research for exalt slams fairly reliably. You can use this to lower the cost of crafting tremendously. Alt-augment-regal crafting into 2 notables and 2 jewel sockets is pretty easy with the chaos jewels. Alt-augment-regal into 3 notables is a bit tougher, but it gives you a better chance at hitting the proper outcome with the slam.

While it is certainly nice to have, I'd put unspeakable gifts a bit lower on the prioritization. It's more of a luxury. Especially when the large cluster jewels with Unholy Grace as the suffix notable are wayyyy cheaper, it's hard to justify dropping the 5 ex until the rest of your stuff is pretty much set. Just my personal preference.

I progressed quite a bit since my last post, reached level 95 and it turns out when you run a build that can do endgame content you start to make a LOT more currency. :)

I followed your suggestions and upgraded my amulet and large cluster jewels to 3 notables, managed to get one with unspeakable gifts for 3ex. Don't know if it was worth the price but damn that sound is satisfying!

Right now i'm saving currency to push your build as far as i can before league's end, this is where i'm at: https://pastebin.com/KvHwcPTc

Thanks to a lucky 5 passives Voices drop in Simulacrum i have now around 25ex to work with, any suggestion on what i should aim for next?
Last edited by Dams8 on May 31, 2020, 4:15:41 PM
"
Dams8 wrote:
Right now i'm saving currency to push your build as far as i can before league's end, this is where i'm at: https://pastebin.com/KvHwcPTc

Thanks to a lucky 5 passives Voices drop in Simulacrum i have now around 25ex to work with, any suggestion on what i should aim for next?

A lot of tweaks could be done:

Get a corrupted blood immunity jewel then swap no bleed watcher's eye for something with damage mods. Like dot multi w/ malevolence.

You could get a bow that has better base (1.5 speed instead of 1.4), and dot multi suffix. I'm also thinking multimodded one with +2 to supports would outperform the +2 to bow gems since you have awakened supports. Maaybe not if the non-multimodded had all good stats but yours has 2 bad ones.

Quiver you could get double dot multi one if you want and craft attack speed on it (I think that's the best combo).

Gloves could have both attack speed and chaos multi (hunter) or increased damage over time (warlord), and even other luxury mods like culling strike. Frenzy on kill probably not necessary since you spec overcharged.

You can use life&mana catalysts on rings / amulet (and blessed orbs on that vermillion ring for max value).

Belt if you want to go ham could be hunter influenced with chaos damage and % life, but that's gonna cost you (can always go for less ambitious combo).

Your yellow jewels are mostly attack speed and life, and 3rd mod is random, you could replace them with 3 useful mod combos. 1 cluster is also missing a socket. A socket with rare jewel has potential to beat 1-pointers like trickery or lethal assault.

You can buy a max rolled witchfire and quality it.

Quality your void manipulation and especially swift affliction. 20gcps are probably around 20c or less... Awakened swift affliction gives 10% chaos multi for 20 gcps.

Also do you actually have 3 empty gem slots or is your pob missing something. 1 in boots 1 in chest 1 in helmet.
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

"
Get a corrupted blood immunity jewel then swap no bleed watcher's eye for something with damage mods. Like dot multi w/ malevolence.

Done and done, huge DPS increase. Does it work against any form of bleeding? I got quite used to not having to panic spam my life flask like a noob because of it. :D

"
Quiver you could get double dot multi one if you want and craft attack speed on it (I think that's the best combo).

Didn't find anything affordable so i settled on a cheap quiver similar to the one i had with an open suffix and slapped +12% attack speed on it. Still a nice improvement.

"
Your yellow jewels are mostly attack speed and life, and 3rd mod is random, you could replace them with 3 useful mod combos. 1 cluster is also missing a socket. A socket with rare jewel has potential to beat 1-pointers like trickery or lethal assault.

Forgot about that one, it's changed now and i got a nice new rare jewel for it. Also replaced another one and on the lookout for more (not many offers on the market).

"
Quality your void manipulation and especially swift affliction. 20gcps are probably around 20c or less... Awakened swift affliction gives 10% chaos multi for 20 gcps.

That one i should have figured out myself... I had more than enough prisms, huge boost for free.

"
Also do you actually have 3 empty gem slots or is your pob missing something. 1 in boots 1 in chest 1 in helmet.

I do, and i honestly have no idea what i could slot there. :D
"
Damzor8 wrote:
"

I do, and i honestly have no idea what i could slot there. :D

Personally I add portal gem whenever possible, but that's a personal preference.

Wither setup can add either faster casting or increased aoe support. Aura setup can add level 1 vaal clarity. You can choose to run clarity or not depending on whether you need the tiny regen boost, but having the vaal part can help in pinch and allow you to run no regen maps.

Those are pure luxury though. TR isn't super socket starved, and another perfectly viable route is just to throw random awakened gems into those slots and level them to 5 and sell them to generate a bit of passive income.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Jun 1, 2020, 11:25:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info