[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

Does the Anger watcher eye mode with the Precision really make a big boost in DPS? I only have the Precision mode and I thought the corrupted on Kaom’s Heart will made up for it, but my DPS is only at the 100k range. BTW, my character is public.
D2Ghosts
"
Sign_Up wrote:
Does the Anger watcher eye mode with the Precision really make a big boost in DPS? I only have the Precision mode and I thought the corrupted on Kaom’s Heart will made up for it, but my DPS is only at the 100k range. BTW, my character is public.

In-game tooltip does not reflect actual damage as it does not account for fire penetration. It shows the raw damage.

I have imported your character into POB. You are doing 260k per ball without flasks up. With just Bottled Faith used, your damage spikes to 350k per ball. Your setup is doing a lot of damage with another upgrade to go - a double damage mod Circle of Anguish Ring which will boost your damage even further.

Here is a link to your POB - https://pastebin.com/3sZYsQay

Be aware that you might have to allocate the cluster jewels again and re-socket the Thread of Hope as it sometimes bugs out.

Edit: on second look, I accidentally allocated combustion into the setup and not the awakened elemental focus. You are doing 400k+ per ball.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 16, 2020, 11:03:54 AM
Great build. Loving it so far. However, I'm dying quite easily and don't feel as if I'm doing as much damage as I should be. I'm pretty new to this so would you mind taking a look at my character to see if anything is wrong?
Thanks!
I got used to start with a build that cost something around 3 ex at day 2, in previous league xoph's blood were really expensive dont know what happened in this league almost all uniques are extremely cheap.

I think i might try it next league, play as wander till get those uniques or CoC icenova with widowmaker till got some money its doable.
i want buy bow,bcos i cant craft.
What a primary mods i should watch in bow? 1)CWC 2).... ? ? ?
U can link good bow from trade. Big thanks !
P.s mby u can give me some suggestions what i can change in my build ? have enought exalts,but dont know how to up my damage,i have 148k dps on my tooltip
Last edited by ITALJANECC on Apr 16, 2020, 1:53:42 PM
"
ITALJANECC wrote:
i want buy bow,bcos i cant craft.
What a primary mods i should watch in bow? 1)CWC 2).... ? ? ?
U can link good bow from trade. Big thanks !
P.s mby u can give me some suggestions what i can change in my build ? have enought exalts,but dont know how to up my damage,i have 148k dps on my tooltip

Other good mods are -

+1 to all socketed gems
Damage penetrates elemental resistances
+1 Max frenzy charge
Attack speed/Double damage
Global critical strike multiplier

These 2 links are searches for the CoC bow:

One is for the Level 20 Cast on critical strike mod and Damage penetrates elemental resistances - https://poe.trade/search/etononotitagon

The other is for Level 20 Cast on critical strike mod and +1 to all socketed gems - https://poe.trade/search/amenausarikita

There were a lot of good bows the previous week but it seems there are a few left in the market. Maybe I am searching at the wrong time. You could try to search again at a different time.

148k dps tooltip is very good. The tooltip damage does not show the true damage. On POB, your damage is probably higher because it will take into account fire penetration.

Just remember that 148k is per ball. So you multiply that by 9 and also note you can do double damage with the double damage mod.

Focus on getting a good bow first and then upgrade your other gear one by one.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 16, 2020, 2:07:06 PM
"
gokudin wrote:
I got used to start with a build that cost something around 3 ex at day 2, in previous league xoph's blood were really expensive dont know what happened in this league almost all uniques are extremely cheap.

I think i might try it next league, play as wander till get those uniques or CoC icenova with widowmaker till got some money its doable.

Yeah that sounds like a good plan. Hopefully cluster jewels will still be around next league because it makes builds feel really good to play with the quality of life.
"
bangsj wrote:
Great build. Loving it so far. However, I'm dying quite easily and don't feel as if I'm doing as much damage as I should be. I'm pretty new to this so would you mind taking a look at my character to see if anything is wrong?
Thanks!

Nice. A few things to focus on with defense would be grabbing chaos resistance in your gear be it in small chunks in different pieces here and there or through a big chunk from one gear. Another thing is to max your pantheons as it will bring you closer to the dodge limit.

Another big issue is your flasks. The granite flask is not useful for the build because we take the Acrobatics node. This node makes it so that we have 50% less armour. A good substitute would be a Basalt flask/Stibnite flask/Quartz flask. Make sure you use a beastcraft in the menagerie to craft the mod that makes you immune to freeze or curse respectively on the different flasks. One flask should be 'Of heat' to make you freeze and chill immune. The other flask should be 'Of warding' to make you curse immune.

Blood of the Karui is a good unique flask but a simple Seething Divine Life flask of Staunching would be much better in my opinion. The flask would make you immune to bleeding, give you instant life recovery when you are in a panicked situation, and tops you off over time as well when you need it. The Karui flask only has 2 charges and the effects disappear after you reach full life so there is minimal uptime on the flask.

The Sin's Rebirth flask does nothing for the build except for the evasion because we do not gain any benefit from Unholy Might. The reason is because we have the keystone called Avatar of Fire through the amulet, Xoph's Blood. Avatar of Fire makes us do only fire damage so other types of damage do not apply.

The other suggestion would be to grab a more defensive annointment on the amulet as opposed to King of the Hill at the moment if you are still underlevelled or adjusting to the playstyle. Any of the health annointments would be good.

TLDR - Freeze and bleed are very potent source of death for most characters. Improve flasks and grab ailment immunities through flask crafts.

"
neoCrown wrote:
"
Sign_Up wrote:

In-game tooltip does not reflect actual damage as it does not account for fire penetration. It shows the raw damage.

I have imported your character into POB. You are doing 260k per ball without flasks up. With just Bottled Faith used, your damage spikes to 350k per ball. Your setup is doing a lot of damage with another upgrade to go - a double damage mod Circle of Anguish Ring which will boost your damage even further.

Here is a link to your POB - https://pastebin.com/3sZYsQay

Be aware that you might have to allocate the cluster jewels again and re-socket the Thread of Hope as it sometimes bugs out.

Edit: on second look, I accidentally allocated combustion into the setup and not the awakened elemental focus. You are doing 400k+ per ball.

After I played around with the POB, the DPS is validated with your statement. I enjoying it so far. BTW, the defensive Timeless Jewel thing, even with my 94% chaos resist, is not that great!
D2Ghosts
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
bangsj wrote:
Thanks!

Nice. A few things to focus on with defense would be grabbing chaos resistance in your gear be it in small chunks in different pieces here and there or through a big chunk from one gear. Another thing is to max your pantheons as it will bring you closer to the dodge limit.

Another big issue is your flasks. The granite flask is not useful for the build because we take the Acrobatics node. This node makes it so that we have 50% less armour. A good substitute would be a Basalt flask/Stibnite flask/Quartz flask. Make sure you use a beastcraft in the menagerie to craft the mod that makes you immune to freeze or curse respectively on the different flasks. One flask should be 'Of heat' to make you freeze and chill immune. The other flask should be 'Of warding' to make you curse immune.

Blood of the Karui is a good unique flask but a simple Seething Divine Life flask of Staunching would be much better in my opinion. The flask would make you immune to bleeding, give you instant life recovery when you are in a panicked situation, and tops you off over time as well when you need it. The Karui flask only has 2 charges and the effects disappear after you reach full life so there is minimal uptime on the flask.

The Sin's Rebirth flask does nothing for the build except for the evasion because we do not gain any benefit from Unholy Might. The reason is because we have the keystone called Avatar of Fire through the amulet, Xoph's Blood. Avatar of Fire makes us do only fire damage so other types of damage do not apply.

The other suggestion would be to grab a more defensive annointment on the amulet as opposed to King of the Hill at the moment if you are still underlevelled or adjusting to the playstyle. Any of the health annointments would be good.

TLDR - Freeze and bleed are very potent source of death for most characters. Improve flasks and grab ailment immunities through flask crafts.

Holy shit dude thanks for the great explanation. I respec'd to this build from a pestilent strike one (super tanky super fast killing, but not great clear speed) and so was still changing up the gear and playstyle though I didn't think it would be that important.

I see that I've only have 47k DPS while you have over 200K with flasks removed. Would you mind helping me see what is missing? I can't figure it out as I've gotten most of the offensive items you suggested except 3 rare jewels.

Thank you again.

https://pastebin.com/Ehy2A4Vt
Last edited by bangsj on Apr 16, 2020, 7:33:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info