[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

Can you give your opinion on my bow?

Also, if I upgrade my build to a +1fire and +1dex amulet, what are the best mods to my bow? Do I need to craft a new bow or i can master craft +2 socket gems?

Last edited by iNotSpeak on Apr 16, 2020, 7:15:24 AM
Thanks for this guide. Really enjoying it so far :)

But I have three questions:

I'm not really happy with the Life Flask. What is your opinion on Blood of the Karui? The problem for me is, that this build can survive "big hits" but it takes too long to get back to full HP. Thats usually the reason when i occasionally die.

Seething only recovers a very small amount and the amount of leeched life also is not so high that the HP is instant back at full life. Downside would be that I would have to add staunching/warding somewhere else, which means I will lose a flask.

How far should we go for crit chance?

With full power charges I am close to 100% and I did not even put points into precise commander and quick gateaway right now.

Do they make sense then?

Last question:

What would be the best open mod for my weapon?

Thanks!
Last edited by Kewrdy on Apr 16, 2020, 7:04:25 AM
"
iNotSpeak wrote:
Can you give your opinion on my bow?

Also, if I upgrade my build to a +1fire and +1dex amulet, what are the best mods to my bow? Do I need to craft a new bow or i can master craft +2 socket gems?

Your current bow has no open prefix to master craft the +2 to socketed support gems which is a prefix mod.

To milk the most out of the +1 dex and +1 fire skill gem amulet, you need a bow with +1 to all socketed gems and an open prefix to craft the +2 to level of socketed support gems to boost a Level 4 empower to Level 7. This is alongside one other damage mod such as attack speed/double damage, damage penetrates elemental resistances, crit multi, +1 frenzy, etc.

So you need one with the CoC mod, +1 socketed gems, and 1 other damage mod alongside an open prefix. This setup would be ideal for the Hunter/Warlord amulet.

Otherwise, your current bow is still very good and comparable to damage with my setup if you run Pressure Points as one of the notables on your cluster jewels for the double damage chance.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 16, 2020, 7:32:37 AM
"
Kewrdy wrote:
Thanks for this guide. Really enjoying it so far :)

But I have three questions:

I'm not really happy with the Life Flask. What is your opinion on Blood of the Karui? The problem for me is, that this build can survive "big hits" but it takes too long to get back to full HP. Thats usually the reason when i occasionally die.

Seething only recovers a very small amount and the amount of leeched life also is not so high that the HP is instant back at full life. Downside would be that I would have to add staunching/warding somewhere else, which means I will lose a flask.

How far should we go for crit chance?

With full power charges I am close to 100% and I did not even put points into precise commander and quick gateaway right now.

Do they make sense then?

Last question:

What would be the best open mod for my weapon?

Thanks!

Glad you are enjoying it. Happy to answer the questions.

1. Based on my experience, the combination of Surging Vitality, leech from Doryani's lesson, consecrated ground, life recovery from the Cinderswallow Urn, and the instant + slow recovery from the Life Flask is enough to top things off. So maybe changing one of the flasks to a sulphur flask/Bottled Faith/glove enchantment 'of light' could be the boost you need. As you said, changing one flask to a Karui flask would take away one of your ailment or curse immunities. An alternative would be to craft a 'cannot be frozen' boots and you should be good to go with the Karui flask.

Also, your reduced life recovery may be due to map mods or the annoying anti-healing debuff from the delirium mobs. One of the delirium bosses also drop a degen ground buff and an anti-dodge/evasion ground effect so it can compound on the healing difficulties.

2. One of the other followers of the guide had similar crit chance as yours as he crafted on a Harbinger bow base. My advice would be to go down the Curse medium cluster route with Evil Eye and Master of Fear as the notables. So 1 crit medium cluster and 1 curse medium cluster. This will give you Unnerve in your setup which means enemies take extra 10% increased damage from spells. This would also help bring your attack dodge closer to the max cap. The crit cluster can be tailored for the damage notables rather than the crit chance notables if you still have 100% crit chance. Also note that while your barrage crit chance is 100%, under the dropbox, the Volatile Dead crit chance might not be 100% so in the end, the higher the crit chance the better.

3. That is already a very insane bow. I would craft accuracy if you are not close to maxing out your hit chance. Otherwise, a global crit strike multiplier, +2 socketed support gems, and the double damage mod (cannot remember if this stacks with the attack speed/double damage mod, I think it used to) will be the best damage per buck craft.
Ok, thank you for your suggestions. I will try them out and see what i like most :) But therefore still some levels are missing :D

One more questions to the bow:

Whats with the "Attacks with weapon penetrate x% resistances?" Does it stack with the existing one? Or is this one just for the real attacks of the bow and not the volatiles?
Last edited by Kewrdy on Apr 16, 2020, 8:10:46 AM
"
Kewrdy wrote:
Ok, thank you for your suggestions. I will try them out and see what i like most :) But therefore still some levels are missing :D

One more questions to the bow:

Whats with the "Attacks with weapon penetrate x% resistances?" Does it stack with the existing one? Or is this one just for the real attacks of the bow and not the volatiles?

Yup you got it right. That mod only applies to attacks with the bow and not spells such as Volatile Dead. Unless the mod specifies for attacks or spells, it would be global like the 'Damage penetrates elemental resistances' mod which applies to both spells and attacks. There are a few exceptions to this rule though but in general, that's how it works.

Crafting the attack penetrates resistances mod would not be a bad idea if you want to scale the barrage damage as well. Assuming you have a Level 20 gem, Barrage can deal anywhere between 150-200k damage with the right setup. Pretty minimal in the overall picture but something to consider if you are going down that route. Would be a huge investment to make the attack portion and spell portion work at the same time though so I recommend just scaling the spell damage.

Good luck.
Just working on this build.

Kind of wondering what the thread of hope is doing?

probably me just being a dumbo but i cant work it out
how is this build as a league starter? its hard to get the helmet early? this league i started with poison prolif scourge which was really good but the darkscorn was rly expensive and the price drop AF, before that Ive been starting with CoC ice nova for 4 leagues
"
Just working on this build.

Kind of wondering what the thread of hope is doing?

probably me just being a dumbo but i cant work it out

Under the tree section, the Thread of Hope (Very Large Ring version) allows us to allocate points that are within the ring without actually being connected to the tree.

We save a lot of travel points with this jewel. The downside of this jewel is the negative resistances (with -10 to all resistances being the best roll) but it is not difficult to cap our resistances with all the cluster jewels/gear.
"
gokudin wrote:
how is this build as a league starter? its hard to get the helmet early? this league i started with poison prolif scourge which was really good but the darkscorn was rly expensive and the price drop AF, before that Ive been starting with CoC ice nova for 4 leagues

I rated this build as a C for league starting because the uniques required for the build to function at an adequate level are normally unavailable in the early stages. Kaom's heart, Xoph's Blood, Thread of Hope, Asenath's Chant etc.

I started as a Kinetic Bolt Wandslinger character and transitioned later. There were no issues with changing into the Bow CoC VD character as Xoph's Blood and Asenath's Chant prices are relatively cheap this league compared to previous leagues. I got them both under 40C after week 1. I farmed Kaom's Heart div cards and got my Thread of Hope from Sirus. Although it is doable on a budget item basis, it will be easier to start with a different character at the start of the league in my opinion. Happy to change my mind if an alternative approach is suggested. Hopefully, cluster jewels will still be around in future leagues. It adds so much quality of life to the build.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 16, 2020, 10:41:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info