[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

Big build update:

- Replaced Cluster Jewel on Acrobatics tree with Point Blank
- Replaced Cluster Jewel on Default tree with damage/life nodes
- Added Trickster alternative tree

The reasoning for dropping of cluster jewels is to make the trees more straightforward to use. I want to leave cluster jewels as per-char optimization to anyone who wants to do that. Also I was testing trickster a bit as alternative version and it works fairly well (even though its ofc a lot slower) so I added it to the guide.

EDIT:

Also, acrobatics version is now using Pyre instead of Essence Worm
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Mar 24, 2020, 10:28:12 PM
Suggestion to possibly improve damage, but this may require some mana reservation items.

- Herald of Ash (20Q or higher) with a Circle of Anguish ring that has reduced mana reservation and increased fire damage. Bought a 1/20 HoA and the aforementioned circle of anguish ring for a total of 40C. I moved skitterbots off Essence worm and replaced it with Circle of Anguish and put a level 3 enlighten on a shield with HoA+skitterbots. A shield that also reduces mana reserved for gems socketted on it is optional.
- Anger since it stacks with both spell damage and attack provided by anger due to wandsliger. You'd keep the Essence Worm ring and stick skitterbots, precision, and possibly another aura like clarity onto a shield with reduced reservation and/or including a level 2+ enlighten.

Anger should lead to higher DPS, but the HoA method isn't bad either since you get fire res and other minor stats.
Idk about Herald of Ash, but I guess its also pretty nice for extra clear. But for example pyre is around 10% more damage so I would most likely simply use that instead of circle most of the time. Same with Anger, it should be around 10% more damage as well. But Anger enables best watcher eyes so its def. solid option.

For build updates, added short gameplay vid:

Drox Lvl 86
Baran Lvl 88

That Baran fight was super scuffed, but eh.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Mar 24, 2020, 11:17:43 PM
"
Cøpe wrote:

Actually I never gave crown a good look but its great for this build. I found a +2 projectile one and am using it for my 4 link

Great idea on the +2 proj... any tips on how to craft the socket colors on this? If it wasn't corrupted I would just use the jeweller orbs crafting method... but that seems like it will take a million vaal orbs.
Last edited by otterrr on Mar 24, 2020, 11:46:03 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Idk about Herald of Ash, but I guess its also pretty nice for extra clear. But for example pyre is around 10% more damage so I would most likely simply use that instead of circle most of the time. Same with Anger, it should be around 10% more damage as well. But Anger enables best watcher eyes so its def. solid option.

For build updates, added short gameplay vid:

Drox Lvl 86
Baran Lvl 88

That Baran fight was super scuffed, but eh.

I was hoping the More Spell Damage line on HoA would synergize with wandslinger. But honestly I don't think it does, that More Spell Damage line is too vague and is probably only meant for the burning DoT damage.
"
"
Cøpe wrote:

Actually I never gave crown a good look but its great for this build. I found a +2 projectile one and am using it for my 4 link

Great idea on the +2 proj... any tips on how to craft the socket colors on this? If it wasn't corrupted I would just use the jeweller orbs crafting method... but that seems like it will take a million vaal orbs.

Welp, 5 attempts with the 1G recipe and I've luck-sacked my way to victory

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Big build update:

- Replaced Cluster Jewel on Acrobatics tree with Point Blank
- Replaced Cluster Jewel on Default tree with damage/life nodes
- Added Trickster alternative tree

The reasoning for dropping of cluster jewels is to make the trees more straightforward to use. I want to leave cluster jewels as per-char optimization to anyone who wants to do that. Also I was testing trickster a bit as alternative version and it works fairly well (even though its ofc a lot slower) so I added it to the guide.

EDIT:

Also, acrobatics version is now using Pyre instead of Essence Worm

Yiiikes thats a lot of travel nodes for point blank. Additionally, would running pointblank be any reason to switch up flammability to lets say projectile weakness?

Pyre sounds interesting as it'll free up some res, making some other spots more flexible for some bonus stuff like tailwind boots.

"
"
"
Cøpe wrote:

Welp, 5 attempts with the 1G recipe and I've luck-sacked my way to victory

Haha very nice! It took me a bit more, was going to actually post the best way to get off-color sockets on 4 socket items (i.e. anything you don't want 6 sockets on) for anyone else interested.

Best way is to use crafting bench to set item to 2 sockets, then use the color craft to guarantee those (2 green in this case). After that craft 3rd socket on bench, if you hit the color you want you can move onto crafting the fourth socket, but if you don't hit the colors you want on 3rd or 4th just craft it back to 2 (super cheap) and keep trying. Its how I've gotten an indigon and my crown off-colors and is the cheapest way imo especially for corrupted items.

The +2 projectile corruption is just so good for our 4-link setup, the helm enchant is nice but really not the greatest boost like it can be for other builds and other corruptions like +1 power charges or in this case +2 projectile gems can be even better.

Also corrupt those gems! Always worth the risk imo
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 25, 2020, 1:35:41 AM
https://pastebin.com/kCzKxCum

What should I upgrade next? I know my wand isn't the best but it was the best I could get.

EDIT: Mostly I need survivability. Especially versus Sirus. Should I use Farrul's chest over rare one btw?
Last edited by Kalakukko on Mar 25, 2020, 7:28:47 AM
Hello why soul tether belt ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info