[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

I tried this build out a bit ago with indigon and just couldn't get into it. I was just wondering why literally no one is using it in their build posts? Even though the guide recommends using it? Personally I wasn't a fan of the damage ramp up and having to stand still for bosses while waiting for my deeps to do anything.. Any thoughts? Is there a better setup? Is indigon BIS? Who knows? I don't! :D Somebody please help me fill in the blanks here I'd like to give this build another go but am a little discouraged at my first attempt at making it work.
Personally I don't think the indigon cost was worth it. It should work better, but I cou;d not afford it at the time, so switched to acrobatics and cluster jewels seemed to much fun. The tree is already starved on points so getting in more mana regen meant I was out of options for that one. Six Linking my chest leaves me at 5mil dps for shaper and 3 mil without flask on the single target setup. So overall I'm not feeling the necessity to switch to Indigon. Asura is running it succesfully though.
Jeez theres so many iterations on this thread, Im currently using the starter version of the build, with crown of eyes and xoph blood, which version should I go? the OP's version with indigon or the light of shroudless version?
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:
Spoiler

As an update, I'm currently experimenting with no cluster jewels and taking Point Blank. Technically point blank is a larger dps increase (even though its a stretch on the tree) than any cluster combinations I found. I know most people want to use the new cluster jewels but right now I'm seeing better numbers without them for my build; however, this is a closer playstyle than offscreening if that's your style. Still testing this, but currently at 8.8 million dps

To use Point blank you must stay close to boss right? 10 range is closer than cold snap raidius (15 range). Does it quite dangerous and not apply sometime?
And your Pob config is quite wrong, like shock or full energy shield setting.

Point Blank is forgiving; you don't have to stand ontop of the boss to get the benefit and its a massive multiplier.

PoB config is not wrong. We apply shock through skitterbots and I am at full energy shield and leeching at almost all times.

Also, yes my gear is expensive at this point. I lucked out big time on finding my own bottled faith and got really lucky and 6-linked the farrul's fur.

Here's a PoB for a more conservative budget for this build (it does include a wander cluster jewel; you can either use a cluster or go for point blank depending on what your playstyle is; neither are wrong or right its just preference)

https://pastebin.com/LQLnBewy

This is using a Kintsugi as a more defensive option but I'd still recommend shroud (its about the same damage as a 6 link and the max life/mana is very nice) unless you can find a cheap 6 link Kintsugi.

Blood rage is a really love/hate relationship, its nice for mapping for extra leech and frenzy charges but should not be used at all on guardians or big bosses since we lose damage without energy shield. Alternative sources of frenzy are ideal which is why I went to farrul's fur. There are much cheaper ways of finding frenzy charges such as anointments like Overcharged. Frenzy and onslaught are both really great for this build but you can do without them just fine

With a dying sun its around 5 million Dps and 5.5k EHP. I cannot stress how important Dying Sun is to this build, it is just about the best investment you can make for dps and clearspeed. Bottled faith is nice and I was lucky to grab one but you can still do just fine without one and run a wise oak or defensive flask.

I haven't added up the cost of my gear but it's likely well over 20 ex at this point which is out of most people's price range understandably.

You do not need this level of investment for good results, I just have had the time and been playing a lot. Realistically around 5 ex can get you into comfortably clearing Red maps and conquerors.

This league punishes bad defensives pretty hard and I'm currently balancing around that, damage is not an issue with this build once you have the core items (convert to fire, xoph's blood), but for survival purposes we really love having a bigger EHP pool through either ES/Max mana/Life/Dodge/Blind
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 20, 2020, 2:23:21 PM

I admit that I don't understand how leech energy works because when I have blood rage I am never seen energy shield.

should we not raise the gem right away (blood rage)? I've been thinking for a while but I can't find the solution.

does this serve us only for the more damage while leeching energy shield?

I suspect that there is something I am doing wrong but impossible to know.

(sorry for my bad english i'm french)
I feel EleHit wander without indigon build doesn't really need MoM after testing 3 different pass. Road to the MoM node is huge pts loss.
Typical dodge KB passive tree is still great.

Frenzy charge issue is solved if you have Farrul helm(less duration, swift affliction) + body. This setup allows permanent max frenzy charge.
"
Cøpe wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:
Spoiler

As an update, I'm currently experimenting with no cluster jewels and taking Point Blank. Technically point blank is a larger dps increase (even though its a stretch on the tree) than any cluster combinations I found. I know most people want to use the new cluster jewels but right now I'm seeing better numbers without them for my build; however, this is a closer playstyle than offscreening if that's your style. Still testing this, but currently at 8.8 million dps

To use Point blank you must stay close to boss right? 10 range is closer than cold snap raidius (15 range). Does it quite dangerous and not apply sometime?
And your Pob config is quite wrong, like shock or full energy shield setting.

Point Blank is forgiving; you don't have to stand ontop of the boss to get the benefit and its a massive multiplier.

PoB config is not wrong. We apply shock through skitterbots and I am at full energy shield and leeching at almost all times.

Also, yes my gear is expensive at this point. I lucked out big time on finding my own bottled faith and got really lucky and 6-linked the farrul's fur.

Here's a PoB for a more conservative budget for this build (it does include a wander cluster jewel; you can either use a cluster or go for point blank depending on what your playstyle is; neither are wrong or right its just preference)

https://pastebin.com/LQLnBewy

This is using a Kintsugi as a more defensive option but I'd still recommend shroud (its about the same damage as a 6 link and the max life/mana is very nice) unless you can find a cheap 6 link Kintsugi.

Blood rage is a really love/hate relationship, its nice for mapping for extra leech and frenzy charges but should not be used at all on guardians or big bosses since we lose damage without energy shield. Alternative sources of frenzy are ideal which is why I went to farrul's fur. There are much cheaper ways of finding frenzy charges such as anointments like Overcharged. Frenzy and onslaught are both really great for this build but you can do without them just fine

With a dying sun its around 5 million Dps and 5.5k EHP. I cannot stress how important Dying Sun is to this build, it is just about the best investment you can make for dps and clearspeed. Bottled faith is nice and I was lucky to grab one but you can still do just fine without one and run a wise oak or defensive flask.

I haven't added up the cost of my gear but it's likely well over 20 ex at this point which is out of most people's price range understandably.

You do not need this level of investment for good results, I just have had the time and been playing a lot. Realistically around 5 ex can get you into comfortably clearing Red maps and conquerors.

This league punishes bad defensives pretty hard and I'm currently balancing around that, damage is not an issue with this build once you have the core items (convert to fire, xoph's blood), but for survival purposes we really love having a bigger EHP pool through either ES/Max mana/Life/Dodge/Blind

Yes you're PoB is wrong and giving wrong numbers. You can't be at full ES and leeching ES at the same time. Most realistically you are leeching ES at the full time, so remove the checkbox on full. That's the same as the OP did with the damage on full life.

Furthermore there is no additional lifeleech gained from running Blood Rage. The 0.4% we get in the life node of the shadow area is capping us at the 2% range very easily because of our high damage.

The point blank is an interesting option, but I feel that for a lot of fights I'm not standing at point blank so I probably skip that one.

Here is my PoB with the more realistic numbers.
https://pastebin.com/1yycf10q

DPS is quite high by now without a flask, but can always be better. Next planned upgrades are:
- Tailwind on Boots
- Hunter's Exalt on Belt to hit % increased life (hopefully)
- Better Shield
- Better Wand
- Awakened Elemental Weapon attack damage x2

That should result in 20% extra dps and then I think I'm finished on this one. Still puzzling where to get better defenses.

Last edited by dommerick on Mar 20, 2020, 5:40:58 PM
Does anyone have an endgame video of this build so I know how it plays?
Good call on the energy leech; wasn't aware of that and assumed the OP's numbers were correct.

Running fire pen seems like the better option in this case; however adjusted the numbers are still very good (6.6 Mil)

Also I've been meaning to record some videos but its been so laggy lately haven't had many good opportunities. i'll try to get something tonight
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 20, 2020, 7:50:06 PM
You can be at both full life and leeching ES (but not on full ES and leeching ES, that is impossible). But to ensure you are leeching ES and getting max damage boost from Energy Leech, blood rage is necessary to get perma degen. Even when your ES is at 0 thanks to blood rage, you are still leeching. I miscalculated on the amount of ES we get from tree in original build so the leech cant keep up with blood rage, what is unfortunate, but even then in original PoB DoFL would be almost always active because of Indigon (what has basically same enabling functionality for DoFL as Overleech on Slayer).
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info