Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

"
Xystre wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
So you're... not making the Awakening Bonus better? You're doubling down on the poor decisions of the previous post? You're sticking to your guns and telling us we're wrong to think that sustaining maps felt good - but don't worry, trust us, your new system feels better? Since you're always tweaking things behind the scenes and Metamorph was the very first league to ever feel remotely good for map sustain, somehow, I find this hard to believe, especially given your ideals.

And still no target-farming option, through seals or otherwise, is short-sighted and sad.

Be honest did you expect anything else? on the same thread the other day several people already knew the manifesto was going to be this.

"Be a good goy a buy the newest support pack exile!"

The fact that it went from "we're monitoring your feedback" to "we must create a manifesto about this!" pretty much indicated this, yes. But we expected more. Suddenly everyone is mentioning Incursion and Delve not dropping maps at all, when that was totally not the discussion before though, despite being true.

Oh no, my 5 city tiles I found this whole entire league didn't drop maps.... Which is the bigger problem, the maps, or Delve? I still haven't seen one. Single. Aul.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"We accidentally made map sustain not terrible. We gotta change that back."
NICE!
"
Ashriel wrote:
The fact that it went from "we're monitoring your feedback" to "we must create a manifesto about this!" pretty much indicated this, yes. But we expected more. Suddenly everyone is mentioning Incursion and Delve not dropping maps at all, when that was totally not the discussion before though, despite being true.

Oh no, my 5 city tiles I found this whole entire league didn't drop maps.... Which is the bigger problem, the maps, or Delve? I still haven't seen one. Single. Aul.

it was their own system that messed up delve cities chest and explorer room in what system you have to downgrade it in order to get drops?

I didnt found aul on meta either and I only went to 24X this time not deep enough due that they never hotfixed the map chests on cities but after the changes I would thought I would find one but nah.

"
ThIsIsToXiN wrote:
"We accidentally made map sustain not terrible. We gotta change that back."

"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
This is a buff.

working as intented exile.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Mar 3, 2020, 7:09:21 PM
I actually miss the days of maps being valuable.
When people talk about map sustain they mean sustaining that one specific t16 all day long.., but "sustaining red maps" is unspeakable easy since tons of leagues ago. I don't see the point how throttling maps is stopping people from playing.. you can still play.. just not the same t16 map all day.

I miss the days when you got excited about a t14 droping
ign: UpForJava
I came here expecting to be disappointed yet again, and i wasn't disappointed.

You've basically ignored ALL feedback and written a manifesto of shite. But whatev's, i'll play my 1 build for a week and then move onto another game, i'm not making 10 builds for the different map mods effects and run yellow maps all day.
Last edited by Knited on Mar 3, 2020, 10:23:01 PM
I love people crying about maps drop, just learn how to sustain isnt hard.
Completely useless, half-assed manifesto, no explanation given why making tier 16 map drops less common is somehow important. You're stating the obvious information that there is so much content (and more and more coming), yet you've somehow failed to draw the proper conclusions.

Since you've changed this game a lot - the regular tier 16 maps (i'm not talking about uniques nor "guardian" nor elder maps like on the old atlas here) are nothing else than a common gateway to all other content, no different than tier 14-15 maps, especially with awakened level 8 where every other low level map drop (1-13) is excluded from the map drop pool.

But that's not the only gateway. On top of that - there is STILL everything else needed in order to access this additional content - scarabs, master missions, watchstones, triggers for Sirus, map with elder/shaper mods to trigger fragments to drop, prophecies, sextants, vaal orbs/chaos/alch orbs and now - orbs of delirium.

Why tier 16 should be less common after reaching awakened level 8? People want to play the content on the level of their nearly-finished character, especially with so many triggers needed for Sirus to spawn.

Bottomline is - No one gives a fk about trading regular maps, its an outdated artifact of the 3 years old design where the Atlas was the only endgame. Why are you going back to this old assumption that maybe worked back then when the old atlas was the only endgame option available, with the game itself having very little league content in the core?

This makes absolutely no sense right now - with so much new content being added that is still being double-gated behind map spawns (sulphite, all master missions & encounters/unveiling/etc) that tier 16 maps should remain rare especially with so much new, additional currency tied to the maps that is needed in order to actually enjoy all the content & to fully finish the character (in comparison to what you've got 3 years ago)

With the new atlas you're basically forcing progression into tier 14-16 maps. And yet you don't want people to sustain these top tier maps (without making map currencies basically a pre-req), while blocking the drops of all lower tiers map drops.
And even when they do drop at awakened level 8 - half of them are useless because of bad layouts/density.

What the fuck?
Last edited by jewelsy2 on Mar 3, 2020, 7:50:37 PM
"
Splittercore wrote:
reeee i want to farm only 1 map 24/7 for entire league reeeee im not gonna buy mtx ggg reeeee

that's how u guys sound to me. I wish someday players gonna start to respect GGG decisions.

Most players are happy with the game and respect GGG and their decisions. These guys complaining here, somehow thinking they represent the majority, is just a loud minority.
I don't mind reducing map drop rate unless I'm gonna run out of maps at Awakening 8 since only t14+ can drop.

The problem with Map Mod Effect on Bonus objectives is that you can't turn them off for new characters while you could do that in 3.9 by removing Watchstones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info