Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

If there are any other problematic mods other than ailments, please let us know and we'll look at those too.

Reflect, ground effects, no regen
yes
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
EDIT: I've chosen to edit out this post about seals, at least for now. It was an interesting challenge in conjecture, but I'd rather see where the game goes than try to be a devil's advocate for this topic without the necessary knowledge. Best of luck to GGG! The decisions are and will be tough.
Last edited by Flammere on Mar 3, 2020, 6:55:52 PM
I hate REFLECT...
I get that you don't philosophically like the concept of removing maps from being able to drop.

But you don't really need a big brainstorming session on why players want to play some maps and not others and what to do about it. You could make a start right now by fixing a lot of un-fun mechanics, layouts and bosses. I hardly need name them but here's a few examples:

Dungeon, Cells (chicken dinner for those two, worst layouts plus doors)
Dark Forest, Desert Spring, Basilica - boss 'chase' mechanics are extremely un-fun
Gardens - still a very un-fun layout
Various maps e.g. Shipyard - so much fricken clutter to get around

etcetera.

Just to be clear, pushing these maps up to the highest tiers will not, of itself, make them way more enticing than doing something lower tier but less clunky.
We still need a horizon orb fix.
GGG please don't reduce the map drop ever please
"
Josh21112 wrote:
Forcing people to do certain content to sustain maps is a TERRIBLE decision. Not just for the community but for the developers. MAPS should not be a gate, they are what you do to play the game longer. Why put a gate in front of that. that is the communities incentive, we told you clearly, and you tell us, nah your wrong.

"
I have no idea if I was doing something wrong, but I was map starved the entire league. Returns were dismal. I had to buy maps in trade league just to get to Awakener level 6. I did the temple, I delved, I ran upgraded maps on 14 and above. I have no idea how people were getting so many maps, but I had the exact opposite of what this post is saying.

"
xezdx wrote:
As a casual player i like excess of maps. I can actually play without trading for 30 minutes waiting till someone will answer to me.

If all those "we have fun running the same map" only about "the doctor" and headhunter, i feel sorry for these people. They forgot what does fun mean. Imagine GGG will put an NPC that will give you headhunters for free, will you play the game? It is what you are asking for actually.

Better remove headhunter cards or make them random on all maps. Second solution will reward normal players like me (yay! :D).

Casual players like myself have always suffered because the 'pro' players that spend thousands of hours per league playing PoE are the most vocal and demanding. First the 'pros' complain that monsters were getting too easy to destroy and that they can run a map in less than 5 minutes. So GGG buffed every mob in the game. These same 'pro' players also did racing leagues to see who could get from point A to point B the fastest. So GGG changed the RNG of map layouts to be more difficult, more random. Now these 'pro' players complain that they have too many maps, keep in mind they spend thousands of hours playing every league. So GGG kills the new map drop bonus.

That is 3 strikes against the more common casual player who doesn't have the time to deep dive into every change in the game. That is making it more difficult to progress through the constantly more challenging landscape. This league I had 2 failed build attempts using Build Guides found on the GGG forums and content created by 'pro' players. My 3rd attempt was able to make it into yellow and red maps but failed to generate the maps necessary to progress past 16 watchstones. As GGG continues to pander to the 'pro' players the casual player, also called 'normies' by some stuck up 'pro' players, are getting pushed out. This shrinks the playerbase that GGG depends on to buy their constant supply of MTX so they can pay their developers for the hard work they do.

All I ask is that GGG keeps in mind the casual player that only has 10-20 hours a week to sit down and play let alone research the hugely diverse game that is Path of Exile.
"
d1rtiq wrote:
"
HobbitCraft wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714341

??? hello?

Why has this changed.

+1
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
This is a pathetic non reply reply from GGG. Let the revolt continue comrades.
Last edited by subjectk on Mar 3, 2020, 6:41:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info