Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

im sure you will never see this GGG but still. Reflect Map Mod was always and instant death no matter how good your char is. You just have to roll over a reflect mod.

Why not reduce the amount reflected so it becomes more of a threat than a absolute no-mans-land? Also players are dealing millions of dps nowadays and this mod is just unnessesary. The more damage you deal the more of a rist this mod will be...wich means when you lower the amount of reflected damage it still can kill you when you are a op dps char, but will a big threat to players that dont deal as much damage.

This should be a mod to work around...not just a 100% avoidance thing everyone hates
i am my own cockblock
First, Thanks for the response GGG. That did answer a lot of questions, but a few were left out.

Standard League:

1. Will we have to regrind all of our watchstones again or will they work like shaper's orbs used to?

2. Will we have to regrind all of our awakening levels again, or will they be completed by running a map of 1 Tier higher (like the bonus objectives)?
Awakening bonus now actually a curse and not worth doing at all... Welcome to avoiding doing it as much as possible.
I don't really care about being able to do the same T16 map repeatedly and endlessly or anything (I actually enjoy a game where you have to do map layouts you dont enjoy once in awhile its only fair and it spices up the game) but the map mod thing is not a buff. In fact it is the opposite of a buff in a significant way. It rewards no one; literally not a single person in any way and punishes everyone; it does not bring interest to the game, it does not bring joy. You had 64 pages of people telling you not to do something so you made a post telling them to %&#@ off instead of in any way considering that maybe, just maybe, your playerbase is not served by having their endgame grind made more expensive, more dangerous, and less rewarding in every way.

I mean this is just rude and thoughtless.

I was really starting to think you guys were turning over a new leaf but your cavalier disregard for your players concerns is very disheartening.

Was going to scoop both support packs; now will not be purchasing another maybe ever.

Why would people continue to support you when your entire development manifesto centers around ignoring their concerns and doubling down on poor decisions.
I get abused by GGG staff every time I post because I started the Fix Your Game meme. Pathetic and unprofessional.
Last edited by SerChivalry on Mar 3, 2020, 8:07:06 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Players playing the league commented that Delve cities did not feel rewarding any more (because in the past they were a great source of Maps). Similar comments were made about the Temple of Atzoatl, which was also a good place to find maps in the past.

Yeah. They weren't rewarding because they were dropping 0 maps. I don't mean they were dropping low level maps.... no I mean they were dropping absolutely no maps for me (Zero, Nothing, Nada). That's why they weren't rewarding... It was never about them versus my map sustain.
R.I.P. Harvest crafting. You were amazing for one league
Ailment chance is the obvious mod, but reduced recovery rate needs to be super toned down by awakener levels' effects as well. It's awful to be trying to play a mana regen or life regen based character and suddenly you're screwed by one of the more common mods.

They don't add challenge to the enemies, they simply hinder your build creation.
why is everyone crying holy fuck....cause they can drop more maps now?
i mean it could be toned down some for sure but come on guys....
can you guys please atleast increase dash range and cooldown recovery. and able to move above cliffs aswell like blink arrow or flamedash..

i tryed flamedash . but it sucks. suddenly im there and there and there. flame dash happens with whole screen i dont like it at all

blink arrow is just slow. its for deadeye. and deadeye sucks.

i want dash.

i want to make damage with bows. and same time to survive, im sick of diying,
if i change build to defence then i hit brick wall.. theres like 0 diversity. mroe like i need to have mirror tier godlike gear to pull off decent ranger.

but i quess your testers play with damage over time ranger builds.
fk archnemesis.
"
Xystre wrote:
As I said before you said why you won't do anything regardless..

You still believe that you "overbuffed" and it was a "bug" (more like a mistake but you don't apologize for it)

You're still pulling out feedback from unknown sources/places or might as well end this farse of "we're listening to feedback" but you're only listening to certain pieces of it.. it feels like a farse at this point.

your players want targetted map farming because this is a problem you did it on yourselves the doctor card and the endless burial farming.. there's something that you can do to fix this introduce relevant card drops to other maps as well this would somewhat split the farming and the desire of constantly having to target farm 1 map for 1 drop.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Playing through the Atlas in 3.10.0 will still result in a flood of maps compared to pre-3.9.0 Path of Exile. If you're worried about not being able to sustain maps easily, you needn't be. It feels good in our testing so far, and we will be keeping a very close eye on this.

And yet again sorry but I don't trust on your QA team time and time again they havent proven the quality of this game needs currently considering all the posibilities and freedom you put into the game.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Players playing the league commented that Delve cities did not feel rewarding any more (because in the past they were a great source of Maps). Similar comments were made about the Temple of Atzoatl, which was also a good place to find maps in the past.

Again where did you get this feedback? the issue was caused on your OWN system that YOU devs created delve chests on cities or temple lvl 3 were not rewarding maps due the stones system not because they werent excited or they were getting too much, I would love to get t16 if I choose to do so and I got lucky finding a city on delve or I got lucky to get the exploration room to lvl 3 on temple.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Metamorph going core

How's this relevant to map drops? did you fix the bug from day 1 that "additional maps" were giving tier 1 at tier 16? if you did sure it will help something otherwise it's just more RNG and worthless drops in the screen.

As for your map mod effect some of them are clearly punishing and incredible unbalanced and does not make the game "harder" just tedious nothing else.. nothing that I would say "oh sure this map what somewhat hard but I had FUN regardless!"

"
For the love of Innocence, Delve and Temple map drops didn't feel rewarding because they didn't drop any maps what so ever, nada, zilch, zero, what do you not understand??
Same exact thing with the metamorph map reward.

Agree on all points.

The whole thing was pretty much just an expanded, reworded version of the initial post. We got what I expected when they said a manifesto was coming, more words to justify the unpopular decision, nothing more. So disappointing.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Mar 3, 2020, 8:21:35 PM
In my opion 60% less regen with increased effect of Modifiers is too much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info