Wolcen Hype Release!

"
awesome999 wrote:

PS: deathflower will be solely missed.

Only Probation, not Banned ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I am greatly amused by these last few posts, and the resulting probation.

Spoiler
been there, and funnily enough provided entertainment for fellow forum goers when I was probated in spectacular fashion

Thanks all!

Moderators are tasked with keeping their small plots of land from falling into a state of anarchy and rampant hate. Moderating content doesn’t have to be such traumatic experience that imperil their mental health and lead to post-traumatic stress.

Maybe they are afraid to know how unreasonable they are, refusing to take responsibility and they are never at fault. If they only want to rule atop their iron throne, who am I to judge?

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
awesome999 wrote:

PS: deathflower will be solely missed.

Only Probation, not Banned ;)

Why would I need deathflower when I have awesome999?
I mean, at least make some effort not to be obvious from time to time.

__

I love the significance of passives in Wolcen as opposed to PoE's. A lot. I definitely mucked up the pathing of my dual-wield dodger somehow and so spent the requisite affinity to try again. Spin a wheel here, pick a slightly different path there. The end result was largely the same as before in terms of focus but I grabbed a few major nodes I missed the first time, and they made a world of difference.

I do not miss gaining a level in PoE and clicking +10 to attribute. For the third time. Whoopdefuckindoo. I simply don't.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
"
awesome999 wrote:
Why would I need deathflower when I have awesome999?

Shoo! You outlived your usefulness. You serves no purpose here.
A slender but welcome patch this week. More fixed passives, minion life bars and, blessedly, a nerf to rare modifiers. Some of them were just flat-out no fun, particularly Tough's health buff and the ever-dreaded Regeneration mod. Oh, and the Justicar no longer does his ridiculous shield stomp-about, which is great because while it works for an act boss in a small arena, it's just plain tedious on a rare/elder.

Good to see the bats back too.

___

Jesus fucking Christ there are some obnoxious smugshit Exiles infesting every social platform for Wolcen. You know they'll still be there even after Delirium drops too. These are not good people and they sure make this community look like scum.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 7, 2020, 12:07:51 AM
You will try to ignore a swarm of shit-stirring Exiles and receive A Little Peace as a reward.
"
Jesus fucking Christ there are some obnoxious smugshit Exiles infesting every social platform for Wolcen. You know they'll still be there even after Delirium drops too. These are not good people and they sure make this community look like scum.

Wait you just found out about this?

I will guess that you don't watch twitch either there it gets much much worse to the point they start whispering you on pm's just to tell you how much better of a game is than anything out there in the market.

A couple "good" apples isnt enough for this community and wont be ever be enough, the rotten ones will always prevail for the hivemind shall no rest until their game is the "#1" according to them.

"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:
"

Wait you just found out about this?

I will guess that you don't watch twitch either there it gets much much worse to the point they start whispering you on pm's just to tell you how much better of a game is than anything out there in the market.

A couple "good" apples isnt enough for this community and wont be ever be enough, the rotten ones will always prevail for the hivemind shall no rest until their game is the "#1" according to them.

No, I didn't just find out about it. But let's say I was in pain today, and said so. Would you then presume I've never been in pain before, or that I'm not regularly in pain?

Same thing here. I've known since Open Beta dropped, dude. Heck, I sort of predicted it the moment the first wave of Kripp's unpleasant legion started buying into the Closed Beta, bringing with them a culture of opposition rather than cooperation, first against others and then inevitably the devs. I watched it happen first-hand, this decay of one of the finer communities in online gaming history. PoE turns people into arseholes, especially when it comes to interacting with other Exiles. What I have learned recently, though, is the lengths to which these rotten individuals will go to to ruin others' fun and enjoyment in contexts that simply don't call for it. There's only one word that comes to mind when I look at how some Exiles are behaving regarding Wolcen, and that's 'vindictive'.

It's tapering off, as it was always going to do. First in the steam discussion, but later it'll be the subreddit, where Exiles act as though they're still in their safespace where everyone agrees with them and invoking the name of Bex is a benediction for the unwashed low-born 'Wolcels' burdened with the infinitely incompetent Jessica. Yeah, they can fuck right off and the sooner the better.

__

ANYWAY! I finally set about making something I tested in the beta: a speed/crit 2 hander with resistance armour. She's kind of savage, and by some strange dint of kismet, she had a Loot 2.0 moment and found a wonderful unique 2 handed sword that genuinely enabled her to breeze through several levels. Replacing it is going to be tough -- the raw damage will be outstripped, but the 'stun on dash' is really...really good.

Still no white or black dye.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 7, 2020, 9:39:59 AM
"

First in the steam discussion, but later it'll be the subreddit, where Exiles act as though they're still in their safespace where everyone agrees with them and invoking the name of Bex is a benediction for the unwashed low-born 'Wolcels' burdened with the infinitely incompetent Jessica. Yeah, they can fuck right off and the sooner the better.

__

ANYWAY! I finally set about making something I tested in the beta: a speed/crit 2 hander with resistance armour. She's kind of savage, and by some strange dint of kismet, she had a Loot 2.0 moment and found a wonderful unique 2 handed sword that genuinely enabled her to breeze through several levels. Replacing it is going to be tough -- the raw damage will be outstripped, but the 'stun on dash' is really...really good.

Still no white or black dye.

Are you talking about the post with communication and explained how a real community manager is? If that's that the one, I was annoyed by that as well, not only was that posted I believe twice on Wolcen's Reddit but they then went and posted it on the path of exile Reddit. I didn't even understand the point of that post, other than to stir the pot and be a little shit. I don't know if you get on the discord channel but people have said some really nasty and wrong things to the CM for Wolcen. People somehow come to the conclusion it's acceptable or justified and they can't be further from the truth.

I made it to ascended 166 or whatever but the mobs go down so slow lol. I stuck with my affinity blades but I don't think I can make it much better to be honest. So I'm switching to a ranged character and I'm going for that Death Gazer Railgun as my main skill but I have a feeling it's not going to work lol.
Eh, not just that, but that was one of them. It's unfair to both Bex and Jessica, really. They're both just doing their jobs as best they can. I don't imagine the Exiles would be as lovvy-dovvy for Bex if she had to be the CM for Wolcen right now. Not saying she's had it easy either, but she has had it lucky. It seems people have forgotten or perhaps didn't notice when she had radio silence here and there...what exactly did they think that was? These are not difficult dots to connect.

Maybe the big difference is not in the CM but the GM/CEO/MD. GGG has been utterly blessed with Chris, one of the most charismatic, charming lead devs/MDs in the history of. Doliu, in contrast, is several things that don't endear a person to the masses: his English isn't very good; he's a big thinker who's failed to deliver; and he only appears when things seem desperate, as with that last minute extension to the release date.

I guess another way of putting it is an employee might be able to do their job with a problematic employer, but a really good one will make doing an *excellent* job much more possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info