Wolcen Hype Release!

"
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
Ya, I still don't understand why I have to go to Reddit to get responses from Devs, GGG.

+1

Because akin to every other game, they would rather just use a sock puppet accounts to talk shit to their community. /stab /SoCausticWow

It really depends on what you post and where you post it.
Step 1, post in the correct forum
Step 2, post meaningful content
Step 3, post something that isn't easy to search for using the search bar

Step 4, understand that their staff does read pretty much everything on this site, and their actions do speak louder than an acknowledgement post when they actually implement change.

Change takes time, work and may or may not be important/easy enough to implement to be set on the front burner.

Ya you're correct, they do post on there forums but I've really only ever gotten responses in the bug reports. I guess that's a better spot than nothing at all, I just remember a long time ago they would post everywhere it felt like. I would say they post more in the off topic section than anywhere else (other than bug reports). I know when you get devs to respond on the forums it always felt really cool, but that's probably just me.
"
Tsokushin wrote:
Again, it's funny. Nobody playing offline mode lost anything.

Not true. I lost around 10 hours of game time due to a bug where the game was not saving properly because there was a non-english character in my save file path.

Nothing was saved, I did not just lose some stuff but everything. I think this is the worst issue you can get.

Lol, it is like we are still in 1980. A bug like this should never happen in today's age.

Well, we are still limited to 255 characters in the path when trying to open up a Word or Excel document, go figure.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
frogemoth wrote:
"
Tsokushin wrote:
Again, it's funny. Nobody playing offline mode lost anything.

Not true. I lost around 10 hours of game time due to a bug where the game was not saving properly because there was a non-english character in my save file path.

Nothing was saved, I did not just lose some stuff but everything. I think this is the worst issue you can get.

Lol, it is like we are still in 1980. A bug like this should never happen in today's age.

Well, we are still limited to 255 characters in the path when trying to open up a Word or Excel document, go figure.

Why are you using Non-English characters in the name? I'm offended. I think its totally reasonable that this character was corrupted and fully inaccessible.

Spoiler
lol /s, but not the worst bug. Hell players can't even pass the last boss due to phasing bugs atm.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
just don't buy the game. It suck and it's riddled with bugs. There's a good base but there's a HUGE lack of content to make it remotely interesting. And there won't be a lot of content added in the future since it is so bugged. Half of the nod in the passive tree does not work. Characters aren't saved for many people thus can't progress in game. End game boss can't be killed it just freeze completely. And there is much more.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
https://wolcengame.com/forum/announcements/official-news/1040-known-issues/

I'm only doing this the once, so that you know in future where to look for the most regular updates and communication from their CM Jessica/Calistaen should you be interested. Not their reddit (thank god), not the twitter, not the steam discussion page. Their actual forum. A-fucking-mazing.

Ya, I still don't understand why I have to go to Reddit to get responses from Devs, GGG. Anyways, I was unlucky with the act III glitch so I was unable to make progress for a bit. I saw a helpful post that said if you don't damage the boss when he transforms for a few seconds it won't freeze, tried that and it worked. I'm really enjoying this endgame, I hope in the future you can see the changes you make to the city by walking around in the city.

Wondering how far I can go before I hit a roadblock in the expeditions. People keep thinking bleeding edge is the only "good" skill but I just don't see it. It's a math/number problem with some of the other skills, and that's what makes bleeding edge also better than it probably should be too. Saying its the only skill that can get you far in the endgame is stretching though.

Reminds me of POE when people complain that there are only a handful of skills you can play to endgame but in reality you can play a lot more skills but you have to build, understand, and invest more into those other skills. People just don't want to take the time to learn or try.

Bleeding Edge is already officially in the firing line for a reality check from that link I shared. Rule one for me is NEVER follow what others are doing because it's not going to last. Those that did the Bleeding Edge thing blazed through the game and got bored in no time, almost as if they expect Wolcen Studio to provide league-like gimmicks to keep them going -- not going to happen, and it shouldn't. I get the urge to do this follow-the-herd thing, especially for long-time Exiles accustomed to having to, but Wolcen's core game is much more rewarding when you just build characters the way you want to, trying all the different combinations of enneract modifiers, passive nodes and gear. It's pretty hard to fuck up, honestly. At worst you'll create a weird combination that needs better gear to keep going.

There are plenty of non-Bledge builds on the reddit running true endgame.

I also hope that in the future we can see graphical changes based on our progress in CoS, but right now I'd say that's a pretty low priority.

What I want to see right now is them figuring out how to restore true randomness to mandates/expeditions. Definitely seeing some fixed areas for now. Still, they're diverse enough that I don't get bored. And I always smile when a run puts me in the autumnal forest area. It's so beautiful.

"

*Actually... after reading that list.. I think I'll wait.

I really do dig the fact that you can 'guildwars' colour your equipment though.
If poe ever did this they would charge you for each vial.

Or make them one use charges. Which is horseshit, and poe really needs more customization for your characters looks that aren't mtx.

That's fair enough. You do you. It's not going to be a totally smooth experience for a while yet. Right now there's some weird bug where right-click only sells to the vendor some of the time; the rest of the time it just picks the item up. It's a tiny issue but it gets frustrating before long.

As for dyes, I remember when Chris and the GGGang were throwing around the idea as first-wave mtxes during Closed Beta. I think I knew it wasn't going to happen once I started seeing them selling recolours of the Seraph armour set. My heart sank a little bit, I won't lie. Dyes are the heart of any character customisation system. No one likes it when a merely recoloured item is labelled as something else entirely. No one.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 24, 2020, 9:12:15 PM
^They should be happy the main build is bleeding edge as far as i can tell.

My melee character so far has had 0 memory leaks issue and my mage has had 8 so if they think the worst is over as far as bad press is concerned it's probably gonna spike again when they force people out of the melee builds.

And im not doing anything spectacular on my mage, just using some mechanics to cycle ailments around.

And im also playing off-line, i cant imagine that being a fun experience when the calculations have to be checked with the servers.
I had to turn off my 30 stack burn ailment an hour ago because it was just not working with the other calculations i had going, now that it returned to simply freezing enemy's at least it seems to be somewhat stable.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Yep. Or my favourite, deleting alt-art uniques transmogged. I lost two alt art prismatic eclipses doing that. hahahaha that SUCKED. ^_^

I also started playing D3 again recently, from a vanilla ps3 experience to RoS/Eternal on ps4 pro. So many improvements! That transmog/dye system is pretty damn sexy, although Wolcen's eats it for breakfast for both value for gold and variety, given Wolcen's dye system takes into account various surfaces of the armour a la Black Desert Online and other MMOs.

You know, this reminds me of something. It's been 7 years and we still have no way to skin alt-art uniques in PoE across leagues, which is basically the only reason anyone raced -- to get these rare as hell skins for generally mediocre uniques. 7 freakin' years man, and they're still languishing in standard league stashes.

But you know, at least you can look like a clown for the low, low price of $50USD or so.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 25, 2020, 12:40:23 AM
"
Boem wrote:
^They should be happy the main build is bleeding edge as far as i can tell.

My melee character so far has had 0 memory leaks issue and my mage has had 8 so if they think the worst is over as far as bad press is concerned it's probably gonna spike again when they force people out of the melee builds.

And im not doing anything spectacular on my mage, just using some mechanics to cycle ailments around.

And im also playing off-line, i cant imagine that being a fun experience when the calculations have to be checked with the servers.
I had to turn off my 30 stack burn ailment an hour ago because it was just not working with the other calculations i had going, now that it returned to simply freezing enemy's at least it seems to be somewhat stable.

Peace,

-Boem-

Sounds like the Wolcen team needs their own Jonathan to fix that shit. If your game can't do basic math you gonna have a bad time.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
That'd be more Mark1's jurisdiction I think. And every dev team needs a Mark1.
Guess i will have to make a ranger next or something, playing two hours today and on my fourth memory leak.

Pretty much gonna dump the game the moment next PoE's league starts, just to many coding errors if you wanna actually build interesting characters.
If i cant do interesting mechanical interactions any game pretty much loses its grip on me.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info