[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

This build is great for SSF because you can "safely" do maps, which is a priority for me because I can't afford to lose xp too often. With the gear I have I have done up to Tier 12 red maps comfortably (no death mostly), though I'm sure I can go higher if I'm willing to lose xp.

I am really enjoying this build.
@MetalCrawler: Do you know if the gloves craft still works? You said you can use gloves with 2 prefix + 2 suffix and then craft "cannot roll attack mods" and hunter-slam for unnerve on hit. But according to poedb you can also hit "increased duration on ailments". Guess its still worth a try (~5ex per try + gloves). Chances should be either 20% (250/1250) or 33% (250/750) (depends on how mods are rolled. Does it roll modgroup first and then tier or does it roll along all groups and tiers).

Little update on build:

Few days ago I leveld my awakened added lightning to 5 and the damage increase with the +1 gem level on storm brand is really nice. I also adjusted the tree a bit and use a thread of hope in top mid jewel socket to allocate Breath of Rime, Utmost Intellect, Arcane Focus, Practical Application, Arcanist's Dominion, Lightning Walker, Light Eater and Deep Wisdom. Practical Application and Breath of Rime are only placeholder until I can figure out some good cluster jewels and get the right rolls. Stats and Resists are really tight sometimes :-). I also search for a way to fit in discipline (but it isn't top priority). Survibility is already pretty good with almost 8k ES (could be pushed to 9,2k with discipline and Energy from within). Next thing is probably another craft attempt on gloves and double corrupt on shavs (already tried one but bricked).

Also worth to mention: I'm really proud of my wand :-) (after several crafting attemps I bought the base really cheap for 150c)

I also try to craft a new shield. But its really hard to get high ES + T1 crit. The best I was able to pull up is the following:

But apart from the "reduced mana reservation"-mod its not much better then the shield I already use.

Edit: whatever is the answer to the question on top, doesn't matter for me anymore :-)

*bought the Base for 5ex (without the lifereg)
*blocked prefix and slammed with normal exalt for T1 lifereg
*crafted "cannot roll attack mods"
*slammed hunters exalt for "unnerve"-Mod
*crafted fire res

Very happy with the result and the dex on gloves frees some other stuff.
Last edited by coutoo on Apr 4, 2020, 9:15:11 AM
this build is a 60 exalt at least
show me a 5 ways with this, to justify the costs
it get wrecked in beefed maps, a 60 exalt build....
btw op stopped posting , just saying
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
"
KopaKabana wrote:
this build is a 60 exalt at least
show me a 5 ways with this, to justify the costs
it get wrecked in beefed maps, a 60 exalt build....
btw op stopped posting , just saying

Ofc this build isn't cheap. Especially the Low-Life version of the build, which you should aim for. I just can laugh about almost every build that says "budget 2-3 ex" when a decent 6-link early in the league already costs 5ex+. Also its nice to have upgrade goals and the ceiling for this build is really high.

If you wanna go for a more budget friendly version of storm brand, you should probably watch out for a stormbrand archmage hierophant. The archmage support shall be busted. Can't say how it is in comparision to this build because I just play this one atm and funnel all my currency into it. But I guess damage is equal or better with lower investment.
Hey,

I've gotten to Lv. 97 now with this build and switched a few things but now I'm not sure whats worth to get. I feel like I'm almost done with the season, maybe finishing 40/40 Challenges but other than that I dont know what to do.

Current Gear:

Getting the same Gloves but with more ES could be an upgrade, maybe an better Opal Ring? I was also thinking about crafting a helmet with "Nearby enemies take X% more Lightning Damage" but is it really worth as Inquisitor?
Or would it be better to try to optimize resistances and throw in a Headhunter?
Or maybe some different gem setups? I want no gem swaps tho.

If any of you have some advice what would be a GREAT MAYOR Upgrade it would be appreciated.

TY & GL everyone.
Last edited by Sayuro_ on Apr 4, 2020, 2:58:54 PM
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Hey,

I've gotten to Lv. 97 now with this build and switched a few things but now I'm not sure whats worth to get. I feel like I'm almost done with the season, maybe finishing 40/40 Challenges but other than that I dont know what to do.

Current Gear:

Getting the same Gloves but with more ES could be an upgrade, maybe an better Opal Ring? I was also thinking about crafting a helmet with "Nearby enemies take X% more Lightning Damage" but is it really worth as Inquisitor?

If any of you have some advice what would be a GREAT MAYOR Upgrade it would be appreciated.

TY & GL everyone.

Seems you are pretty much done with the league. You should quit and give me your shield ;-). Jokes aside, was the shield a lucky craft or did you buy it that way?

Your gear is extremly good I'd say. Biggest upgrade would be corrupted shavs with gem levels. On helm the biggest upgrade would probably be the T1 added lightning damage to spells from hunter/shaper influence (but its prefix and lowers your ES). Also the avoid being frozen mod is useless since you are ailments immune anyway if you have the consecrated ground ascendancy. -Enemey resistance is also relativly useless, because with crits you pierce full resistance.
Guys, I struggle with exchanging to ES as my Zealotry+BM setup does cost 123% life. What am I doing wrong?
"
MieraRepublic wrote:
Guys, I struggle with exchanging to ES as my Zealotry+BM setup does cost 123% life. What am I doing wrong?

You need Level 19 Bloodmagic to fit in Zealotry + BM. Else the multiplier is to high.
"
coutoo wrote:
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Hey,

Current Gear:

TY & GL everyone.

Seems you are pretty much done with the league. You should quit and give me your shield ;-). Jokes aside, was the shield a lucky craft or did you buy it that way?

Your gear is extremly good I'd say. Biggest upgrade would be corrupted shavs with gem levels. On helm the biggest upgrade would probably be the T1 added lightning damage to spells from hunter/shaper influence (but its prefix and lowers your ES). Also the avoid being frozen mod is useless since you are ailments immune anyway if you have the consecrated ground ascendancy. -Enemey resistance is also relativly useless, because with crits you pierce full resistance.

Hey, thx.

I bought the shield, I crafted the helmet & wand tho. Guess I go for the corrupted chest then, didnt thought about that. tyvm :D
Hey, guys. I've several questions. First thing first - I'm surely lacking some passsive points - https://pastebin.com/QwywGFHW. Here's my pastebin, if someone could help. I know, that I'm level 90, but the build is up to 94, but I'm lacking 7 points, while I'd just get 4 for levelling.

Second - do we have any thoughts about cluster jewels? It seems like these are a major damage boost, so if anyone got those tested, it'd help a lot to share thoughts here.

And last but not least - what should I invest in first? I got a wand, a shav and quite a decent shield, as well as chayula and boots.

Thanks beforehand

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info