Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"
de99ial wrote:
Epidemy is fading. Worst part is behind us. World still here.

We'll see. Pandemics often have several flare-ups and downtimes over the course of their run. Just as I don't agree with the doomsayers in this thread, as one kind of extreme reaction, I also don't agree with those who would call victory prematurely. It'll take a few weeks to months post decline before we can really be confident we're in the clear.

For both sides, the best response is simple - take the recommended precautions and then calmly wait and see. Paranoia is unhelpful, but so is overconfidence.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:

We'll see. Pandemics often have several flare-ups and downtimes over the course of their run. Just as I don't agree with the doomsayers in this thread, as one kind of extreme reaction, I also don't agree with those who would call victory prematurely. It'll take a few weeks to months post decline before we can really be confident we're in the clear.

For both sides, the best response is simple - take the recommended precautions and then calmly wait and see. Paranoia is unhelpful, but so is overconfidence.

I'm not sure saying that millions are not going to die is overconfidence...it was never happneing.

This isnt / wasnt even as bad as normal flu season lol.

Dat panic tho.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I had a dream the other night while I was in Okinawa that the PLA started culling segments of the Chinese population. Not just because too many people were sick and/or dying, but because they couldn't get overall control of the situation and it was threatening the CCP's grip on power.

When I woke up, my first thought was...that is entirely possible. Killing large numbers of their own along those lines would be something not at all new to them.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:

I'm not sure saying that millions are not going to die is overconfidence...it was never happneing.

This isnt / wasnt even as bad as normal flu season lol.

Dat panic tho.

That's what I said to those in this thread who were over-reacting one way. I just don't much care for over-reactions the other way either. Else this'll end up like Y2K, where loads of people don't think there was even a problem in the first place and start resenting / ridiculing the WHO for inconveniencing their lives. The disease certainly wasn't armageddon, but it did warrant a decisive response or else we'd have been stuck with yet another on our long list of public health headaches.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
I had a dream the other night while I was in Okinawa that the PLA started culling segments of the Chinese population. Not just because too many people were sick and/or dying, but because they couldn't get overall control of the situation and it was threatening the CCP's grip on power.

When I woke up, my first thought was...that is entirely possible. Killing large numbers of their own along those lines would be something not at all new to them.

I read that, though many people can catch the coronavirus and suffer flu-like symptoms, the vast majority of fatalities are ethnic Chinese. Anecdotal, perhaps, but food for thought. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Can you still get corona virus if you deepfry your batmeat first? Asking for a friend
[Removed by Support]
"
Auradinho wrote:
Can you still get corona virus if you deepfry your batmeat first? Asking for a friend

Sounds incredibly painful! =~[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
de99ial wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? The situation is getting worse by the day.
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Only in your head.
"
de99ial wrote:
Only in your head.

I can only asume you are so scared that you are completely denying reallity, either that or you are trolling.
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info