[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
MishyFancer wrote:
Clusters are "expensive" and dont add a lot of damage according to PoB (fork). Broken down a lot of builds and no idea where these damage numbers are coming from. Remove a lot of survivability for a little more damage at a lot of expense!

Sorry, but that's complete and utter bs and has been discussed SO many times in this thread...
Thx for the reply horned!
maybe I will try to buy asenthas with despair on hit.
And I have to agree with horned about cluster jewels. It makes a really big difference.
"
"
MishyFancer wrote:
Clusters are "expensive" and dont add a lot of damage according to PoB (fork). Broken down a lot of builds and no idea where these damage numbers are coming from. Remove a lot of survivability for a little more damage at a lot of expense!

Sorry, but that's complete and utter bs and has been discussed SO many times in this thread...

Please point me to those posts. I can deselect the clusters and put most of the damage back using the standard tree. CLusters give just over 10% extra damage in PoB. Which doesnt seem right given that everyone is using them and saying they are "amazing".
"
grimjack68 wrote:
You have +1 curse armour and you took whispers of doom on the tree... do you have a 3rd curse somewhere?

I'd reroll the quartz flask. I'd rather have more duration over an extra 2.5% dodge. I'm expecting your attack dodge to be max anyway. Buy some glassblower's and max out the quality on your flasks while you're at it, they are cheap.

A couple small clusters with Fettle would really help the squishyness, too.

Yup, three curses.

Despair aura, Temp chains (Asenath's gentle touch) and Assassin's mark on hit ring :)

Yeah, quarts flask should probably be a Diamond.

Yeah fettle would help, but it ain't cheap, and frankly i'm pretty much done upgrading this build. It does PLENTY.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Eryin wrote:
@gr0bbs

Hey man, thanks for the build.

I'm currently following it and feel I'm lacking in something, I've invested a bit of currency to get the nice things but when I pob my build my dps is a shit ton lower than yours. If you can give me any tips/information on what I need to do I would appreciate it.

Here is my current pob https://pastebin.com/KSjtBrQP
My profile is public as well.

- You're using Blood and Sand instead of Flesh and Stone. B&S doesn't do anything.
- Withering step and precision are linked to CWDT, and they should not be. Precision is a cast once / leave on forever aura, it doesn't need to be recast. Withering step should be bound to left mouse click, it'll auto-cast when it's ready and you move.
- Your flasks need work. You have attack speed on your Quicksilver - we don't attack, Blade Vortex is a spell, not an attack. Your silver flask outright needs to go - Onslaught isn't useful except for some added move speed. It's another thing that buffs attacks, not spells. I'd suggest replacing it with Sin's Rebirth.
- You are running 2 curses - Temp chains from Asenath's, and Despair with Blasphemy, however, from what I can see you only have max 1 curse. You need a chest with additional curse, or path to Whispers of Doom on the tree.
- Your POB doesn't show anything allocated on the clusters? That can't be right, you have too many unallocated points.
- You need to turn on your flasks in PoB as well, under Items. Just Atziri's and Coralito's are worth 35% DPS.
- # of poisons recently in config should be 30.

Thank you for all the help, I'm going to make the changes now. You're a life saver my friend.
"
MishyFancer wrote:

Please point me to those posts. I can deselect the clusters and put most of the damage back using the standard tree. CLusters give just over 10% extra damage in PoB. Which doesnt seem right given that everyone is using them and saying they are "amazing".

I won't. I explain it at least 3 times a league, when someone like you comes along and starts blabbing about how cluster jewels aren't worth it. If you don't want to play with them - hell, don't play with them. They aren't needed for this build to work or to do decent damage. But don't try to get ppl to believe that they are worthless. If you know what nodes to get on your large + medium cluster jewels and you switch your talent tree, you will notice a BIG difference in mapping and bossing. If you're only doing normal mapping, they are probably overkill. But try to delve to depth 1000 or do heavily juiced T16 100% delirium maps, then you'll sure as hell notice the difference.

I don't believe for a second, that you have "broken down" a few builds and came to the conclusion, that cluster jewels are overrated. I played a few builds since clusters were introduced, including the completely OP Triple-Voices Herald-Aura-Stacking Old Guy (investment cost > 400ex). Some of those builds are incredibly powerful and only work because of those cluster jewels - aura stacking Golemancer for example, which is still viable unlike the Herald-stacker.
"
"
MishyFancer wrote:

I won't. I explain it at least 3 times a league, when someone like you comes along and starts blabbing about how cluster jewels aren't worth it. If you don't want to play with them - hell, don't play with them. They aren't needed for this build to work or to do decent damage. But don't try to get ppl to believe that they are worthless. If you know what nodes to get on your large + medium cluster jewels and you switch your talent tree, you will notice a BIG difference in mapping and bossing. If you're only doing normal mapping, they are probably overkill. But try to delve to depth 1000 or do heavily juiced T16 100% delirium maps, then you'll sure as hell notice the difference.

I don't believe for a second, that you have "broken down" a few builds and came to the conclusion, that cluster jewels are overrated. I played a few builds since clusters were introduced, including the completely OP Triple-Voices Herald-Aura-Stacking Old Guy (investment cost > 400ex). Some of those builds are incredibly powerful and only work because of those cluster jewels - aura stacking Golemancer for example, which is still viable unlike the Herald-stacker.

"Someone like me" LOL
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Eryin wrote:
@gr0bbs

Hey man, thanks for the build.

I'm currently following it and feel I'm lacking in something, I've invested a bit of currency to get the nice things but when I pob my build my dps is a shit ton lower than yours. If you can give me any tips/information on what I need to do I would appreciate it.

Here is my current pob https://pastebin.com/KSjtBrQP
My profile is public as well.

- Withering step and precision are linked to CWDT, and they should not be. Precision is a cast once / leave on forever aura, it doesn't need to be recast. Withering step should be bound to left mouse click, it'll auto-cast when it's ready and you move.

CWDT cannot trigger spells that reserve mana, right? So Precision linked to CWDT shouldn't matter...?

Also, if Withering Step gem level is too high for CWDT to trigger then it also doesn't matter if it is linked, right?
So I got lucky and found a Doryani's Machinarium which I sold for 8ex. I am now the richest I have ever been with about 13.5ex in exalts and chaos.

As fate would have it, cheapest Aesenaths is 13.5ex. Is it worth it?

I am still using Bino's for AoE. Explody chest is much cheaper than Aesenaths. I still have a lot of other upgrades to go so I am a bit hesitant to blow my entire bankroll on a single upgrade.
"
Haewk wrote:

CWDT cannot trigger spells that reserve mana, right? So Precision linked to CWDT shouldn't matter...?

Also, if Withering Step gem level is too high for CWDT to trigger then it also doesn't matter if it is linked, right?

Both true. His withering step wasn't high enough level to avoid CWDT, however. I checked. :)

"
Haewk wrote:
So I got lucky and found a Doryani's Machinarium which I sold for 8ex. I am now the richest I have ever been with about 13.5ex in exalts and chaos.

As fate would have it, cheapest Aesenaths is 13.5ex. Is it worth it?

I am still using Bino's for AoE. Explody chest is much cheaper than Aesenaths. I still have a lot of other upgrades to go so I am a bit hesitant to blow my entire bankroll on a single upgrade.
Love Asenath's. It was a huge upgrade. I spent about what they are selling for now, before the value dropped to less than half, then slowly recovered, and I haven't regretted the investment one bit.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info