[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
Runetix wrote:
I seem to run out of mana constantly. w´Wonder if i am missing something
Casting BV too often? With Unleash, you should probably be casting it once about every 3-4 seconds, depending on your duration.

Drop the mana leech nodes on the bottom right of your tree, those only apply to attack damage, not spell damage.

I also tend to avoid using my movement skill to preserve mana as well.

Until you spec into Eldritch Battery, then mana worries are no more. :)

Edit: You could literally drop the 5 points headed for the mana leech nodes on the bottom right, respec those into Eldritch Battery on the top right, and gear 1 decent piece of energy shield - I personally picked up a
and haven't needed to worry about mana since.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Sep 23, 2020, 5:25:48 PM
Just respeced to this and started mapping. Very fun! Just a couple of questions. Links are a bit off between the written post and the pobs. Awaiting the updated pobs, but I wonder if you use blood rage and precision? What exactly does blood rage do for us here? I also wonder if you take wind dancer. Seems naturally to me since we're paying down there anyway.

Also, what scales out damage the best? Thinking of jewel and amulet mods, before impresence.

Since I spent too much currency respeccing from an Ed trickster, I'm in fire need of some dirt cheap early mapping gear. So if anyone have any tips for that that's not covered in the guide, I'd be a very happy exile! 🙂

Hey, this build is really fun.
A nooby question: why is CIP any good?
are we using any physical gem?
"
chrishobbel wrote:
I also wonder if you take wind dancer. Seems naturally to me since we're paying down there anyway.

I did personally - but also grabbed Thick Skin and Crystal Skin while I was in the area for a healthy chunk of elemental ailment avoidance and some life%. I don't have a full cluster jewel setup going yet (or really good gear!), so had points to spare.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Has anyone done the cluster jewels yet? Crafted or bought? Any ballpark estimates for budget required to start?

Bought a small one with 3xLife-nodes and crafted Surging Vitality. ~3-4c for the base and ~5c in Alterations + Regal, depending on what else you want on the small nodes (flat life, resist, stats, ...)

Also bought Haemorrhage / Circling Oblivion, for 1 ex i think.

"
Runetix wrote:
I seem to run out of mana constantly. w´Wonder if i am missing something

You're not missing anything. Without Devouring Diadem, we're constantly out of mana. Either you specc into Eldritch battery (as mentionned by Grimjack) or you use a "Praxis" ring. That one solved all my mana problems until i got the Diadem.

"
chrishobbel wrote:
Just respeced to this and started mapping. Very fun! Just a couple of questions. Links are a bit off between the written post and the pobs. Awaiting the updated pobs, but I wonder if you use blood rage and precision? What exactly does blood rage do for us here? I also wonder if you take wind dancer. Seems naturally to me since we're paying down there anyway.

Also, what scales out damage the best? Thinking of jewel and amulet mods, before impresence.

Blood Rage for mapping only, to get Frenzy Charges. Tbh, if you're mostly doing heists, you don't really need it... but for mapping, espeically juiced up maps, it's worth it. Precision... well... until you got Enlighten 3 (or 4? Don't remember), you still have some mana left if you already got the Diadem + Impresence. So you can use Precision for a small boost, since that unreserved mana is wasted anyway. With the changes to Vitality (flat mana reserved instead of %), you could also use a ~level 10 (+/-2 level) Vitality for life reg, if you feel safer that way.

"

There are two builds that i am thinking of. 1st respeccing my ED into BV-Poison or Carrion Golem build. But i am not sure which one would be better for 80-81-82-83 contracts and blueprints.

I have like a lot of currency.

Never played Carrion Golem build. Tbh, this build is insane for it's damage, for fast mapping and juiced up maps. If you want to do high level heists, you should probably specc a bit different for more survivability. You don't die in an instant, but it's a dodge/evasion build with emphasis on huge damage. Which is fine during mapping, since you got 6 portals. But heist is a hardcore mechanic... Everything works fine so far for me, doing level 80 contracts. But i'm feeling kinda itchy everytime a mob looks at me the wrong way, with all those new effects and AoEs. My skill tree is a lot more defensive than the last two leagues i played this build.
Hey guys, as i've stated all throughout this forum guide. It's too much for me to keep up and answer all questions. I recommend you join the discord which is posted on the first page. You are welcome to DM me but I also have a big crew of build admins on the discord who understand the build inside out.

Looks like we have some buffs in 3.12 with tree positions and a few nodes.
We also have some alternate quality gems giving us bulk extra damage.

Will keep it all updated on discord/stream and put the new PoB out soon.
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
arikshkol wrote:
Hey, this build is really fun.
A nooby question: why is CIP any good?
are we using any physical gem?

Blade Vortex is the physical gem here.
Loving this build so far. Coming along nicely.

I got my Diadem today, looking at starting to craft some Cluster Jewels.

Are there any Notables in particular that we need for the build?

- Fak
"
I've started the league with boring ED-Contag. Now i am very tired 3 button playstyle and lacking of burst/single target damage so i am planing to change the build.

There are two builds that i am thinking of. 1st respeccing my ED into BV-Poison or Carrion Golem build. But i am not sure which one would be better for 80-81-82-83 contracts and blueprints.

I have like a lot of currency.
I've played both of these - PBV this league and CG last. The golem build is insane tanky, and if you can get into endgame gear, the damage output is ridiculous. As in, phase Sirus AL8 before he can attack. However, prices for Golem gear are through the roof this league. I doubt you can gear one to that level for less than a mirror.

PBV, on the other hand, still has killer damage output, you can actually see where you are going unlike the golem minion build where there's so many allied minions on screen you have to guess at what's on the ground. This might be faster clear as well - you need to zig zag a bit to hit packs, which is a bit slower, golems you just go straight and the golems clean up to both sides, however, the raw move speed on this build is much higher.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Thinking about getting a second char for Heists only... i love this build, for mapping and delving and all... but on higher heist level i just don't feel that safe tbh. We got Dodge, we got evade, i got 5.3k HP and Wind Dancer, with Surging Vitality and stuff...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info