[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
SleepyJoeARZ wrote:
To everyone here who wants to switch to apeps, and MOM.

JUST USE MISTWALL.

It's a bit more complicated than that. Mistwall is nice, since you are at max block chance (75% i think). Once every 4 seconds, that is. I played with mistwall + 50% chance to evade attacks and Withering Step as standard movement skill. Still wasn't as tanky as with 21% chance to evade, no withering step and MoM/Apeps.

In addition, you can't block everything. If you got a map modifier with burning ground for example, you get dmg all the time (Awakening level 8 + high awakening completion at least, that burning ground is EVERYWHERE). So you take dmg all the time, in addition to all the other sources of dmg you can evade / dodge and block.

With MoM&Apeps you practically get 250ES per second as reg, which practically is 250 Damage negated. It won't really get much better than that.

So yes, Mistwall is a nice defensive upgrade for sure. But it isn't anywhere close to MoM + Apeps.
"
mefistofx wrote:
Thank you for answer and tips, but because I'm dumb I Have a few more questions :)

I just set my skills as Grobbs had on his last video.
I can't use Withering Step because it was placed in boots with another skill. Should I replace this with Plague Bearer?

What Plague Bearer do and when should I cast this skill? During left-clicking icon of this skill is changing, what that means?

During mapping should I use my VB just once until stacks have gone and recast again?

I will change VM to Poison Support.

I know that my gems are not leveled yey, my HP pool is very very low (4100 I guess). I'm missing a few skill points because of my current character - saved Alira but looking at PoB it's more than few. Looks like this pob has been created for Lvl 100 character with dual cluster jewels

Wondering why the damage is not that great so far and I think it's my fault because of a lack of knowledge on how to play with this.

Sporeguard and Watcher's eye should give me some boost to HP and I still missing anointment in my Amulet.

During mapping, BV should be up all the time. If you see one of Grobb's video, he explained how you should keep moving and cast a couple blade vortex when free. Don't wait until it all dropped as you have no DPS then.

Damage not great, probably because you missed a couple important skills from the thread of hope circle? Revenge of the Hunted + Swift Venom are both really useful. In addition, you don't have additional curse so the temporal chain is a bit wasted.
not sure what im going too drop for bottled faith atm quartz for concecrated ground like in vid phasing is cool and if we want in mapping mistwall 1 dagger good enough so probly best choice
"
not sure what im going too drop for bottled faith atm quartz for concecrated ground like in vid phasing is cool and if we want in mapping mistwall 1 dagger good enough so probly best choice

get a abyss jewel
"
a6140223 wrote:

During mapping, BV should be up all the time. If you see one of Grobb's video, he explained how you should keep moving and cast a couple blade vortex when free. Don't wait until it all dropped as you have no DPS then.

Damage not great, probably because you missed a couple important skills from the thread of hope circle? Revenge of the Hunted + Swift Venom are both really useful. In addition, you don't have additional curse so the temporal chain is a bit wasted.

Yes, I watched this video right after I post this. Just killed Drox and Al-Hezmin. Not instakill but it's something.

Because of lack of skill points I have to drop one small cluster to add these points in skills you mentioned with lost of 300 hp and this is too much. Temporary I can just remove 2 SP from empty socket for watcher's eye. Think it will be easier just to level from 95->97 than from scratch :D

I can put some more currency in this build but I have to be sure this is something I'm gonna enjoy and will have to create new character to kill all bandits.

What else I can replace to improve my mapping? Now I'm looking at some cheap chest with hp and +2 aoe but I think I have to spend some exalts for Sporeguard

What Plague Bearer do and when should I cast this skill? During left-clicking icon of this skill is changing, what that means?
Last edited by mefistofx on Apr 13, 2020, 7:24:40 AM
"
mefistofx wrote:
"
a6140223 wrote:

Yes, I watched this video right after I post this. Just killed Drox and Al-Hezmin. Not instakill but it's something.

Because of lack of skill points I have to drop one small cluster to add these points in skills you mentioned with lost of 300 hp and this is too much. Temporary I can just remove 2 SP from empty socket for watcher's eye. Think it will be easier just to level from 95->97 than from scratch :D

I can put some more currency in this build but I have to be sure this is something I'm gonna enjoy and will have to create new character to kill all bandits.

What else I can replace to improve my mapping? Now I'm looking at some cheap chest with hp and +2 aoe but I think I have to spend some exalts for Sporeguard

from 95lvl exp curve goes crazy, it will take a bit more time and effort to level to 97, thats why most players stop at 95.

u dont need to make new char if u wanna kill all bandits. check wiki for that, u still exchange alira to kill all if u want to.

I just wanted to say thank you for creating this build. It is really fun in its original version but after switching to apep and mom it is night and day. 3% increased max resistance, high chaos resi and over 6k ehp are just crazy for the damage you can deal.

This is easily one of the most fun builds i have ever played!

https://pastebin.com/5NaiGPXQ if anyone is interested. Still no quality/awakened gems and much more room for improvement.
"
tffiad wrote:

from 95lvl exp curve goes crazy, it will take a bit more time and effort to level to 97, thats why most players stop at 95.

u dont need to make new char if u wanna kill all bandits. check wiki for that, u still exchange alira to kill all if u want to.

I'm very patience, playing my flicker I died maybe 2-3 times during 93->94 and just one 95-96. I try to avoid big bosses and take map mods I liked to push delirum fast. As well some delving but think this VB is more squishy and can't reliable because I still learning mechanic and piano technique hehe

But I didn't know that I can kill some bandits that I helped before. So it doesn't work in the opposite way and I can't resurrect them? hahaha, many thanks for this tip, most useful thing someone told me in this season and it's my second one :D

But still with those 2 skill points to activate my Watcher's Eye I won't be able to add Herbalism, Will of Blades - it requires 7 points. At 95 + all bandits killed it requires 2 points more than at lvl100? Think this PoB is not balanced or I missing something?
I can save 4 sp buying Sporeguard and allocates Herbalism so that could be convenient. Some of Sporeguareds are empty without allocations - is it worth buying? I will be able to put some anointment there?

According to my 2 posts above I got about 15 exalts (up to 25/35 if I want to sell my flicker :() to spend to improve my build. Think it's quite fast and worth to try.

Now I have to spawn Sirus and wondering if I'll be able to kill this piece of easter egg
Last edited by mefistofx on Apr 13, 2020, 8:53:41 AM
2 problems
1) there is no health recovery against bosses with phases or without minions
2) resistance to states (stunning, shock)
have ideas how to fix it
I've been playing this in SSF.

Obviously had to make some changes due to gear (or the lack of).
Nevertheless, have done Simalacrum challenges, Uber atziri, Shaper, Elder & Sirus. Farming for uber elder set at the moment.

I do get one shot every once in a while, but overall pretty good & speedy build.

SSF Gear
Spoiler

Still unsure about Shadows & Dust. May go back to Embalmer.
Have got 1 cold iron point dagger which I'm using with heartbraker for bosses with no or few adds (like Sirus).

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info