[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

How squishy is this build, what is the maximum delirium orb I can run, I heard to be not squishy you need good positioning, any tips to position yourself better
Hey so im pretty new to Poe and this is my Second build. Im having a hard time chosing my next upgrade. Can someone help me with it? What would be the biggest upgrade for the least amout of ex? Currently sitting at around ~12ish ex

My Items:
One thing you may not be aware of phil, is that if you take a lvl20 gem and one gemcutter's prison, you can vendor both of them and you receive a lvl1/20% quality gem.

Most people do this trick when their gems first get to lvl20 and then you can work up to 20/20 gems. It does mean you are temporarily weakened with lvl1 gems, but short term pain for long term gain. Having all your gems at 20% will be a noticeable boost.

Other than that, you could get a circle of nostalgia with -% reserved mana for herald, allowing you to either run aspect of spider (more dps) or flesh and stone (more defence).

Also you want explode of some sort and second cold iron. So either explode chest, or asenaths gloves.

currently running the apep MOM combo, but was thinking about dropping out the MOM and apep and adding a second CIP with power charge on crit corruption.

I'll respec into the OP's cluster POB and spec into two jewel sockets for the golden rule and watcher's eye to keep the self poison up.

i think it'll give me more life and still have max chaos res up thanks to the golden rule. (i can afford to get rid of apep's for the 3 to max all res i think)

anyone running the build like i do?
what do u guys think about this tree and item composition? any insights?
"
Lakthor wrote:
How squishy is this build, what is the maximum delirium orb I can run, I heard to be not squishy you need good positioning, any tips to position yourself better

I have very basic gear and I am a poor player. I can run tier 16's with three orbs with no difficulty. Any competent player with decent gear should rip through T16's fully juiced.

I don't think this build has any positional restraints, but it does have massive movement restraints. Never stop, never turn back, liberally use whirling blades and only pause for one cast of BV every two or so packs.

You stop and you can easily die.
"
phil1556 wrote:
Hey so im pretty new to Poe and this is my Second build. Im having a hard time chosing my next upgrade. Can someone help me with it? What would be the biggest upgrade for the least amout of ex? Currently sitting at around ~12ish ex

My Items:

I would definitely recommend you to get cluster jewel socket and change your armor.
You can get armor with decent life, res and level of socketed gems for pretty reasonable price https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/P8mJmmcL
Also, you can drop your Bino's and get second cold iron. It will boost your DPS a lot.
"
phil1556 wrote:

My Items:

You are looking good for only your second build. Well done! Here are some tips

1) You should always have a life flask with instant recovery. I recommend getting a Seething Divine Life flask. It can save your life in dire situations.

2) As previous poster said, get quality on all your gems, the benefits really add up and it is cheap (but a grind)

3) Finish adding quality to your flasks. The longer they stay active the better.

4) All near term investments should go into your Cluster jewels and your Thread of Hope jewel. Those are going to add a ton of life and damage to your build.

5) Once people make the big investment into asenath, they usually drop Bino's. You could try to add a second Cold Iron Point for a large DPS boost.

6) You have way too much mana left over. You can easily add another aura. The Enlighten is doing nothing for you right now. If you trade your Circle Ring for one with a little better mana reserve stat for HOA (34% is what you need), you could remove enlighten and add in Flesh and Stone aura for more DPS.

7) Start looking into end game chest. You can use something simple like Dendrobate if you meet the attribute requirements for the buffs.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 8, 2020, 3:02:53 AM
"
Harri8551 wrote:

currently running the apep MOM combo, but was thinking about dropping out the MOM and apep and adding a second CIP with power charge on crit corruption.

I'll respec into the OP's cluster POB and spec into two jewel sockets for the golden rule and watcher's eye to keep the self poison up.

i think it'll give me more life and still have max chaos res up thanks to the golden rule. (i can afford to get rid of apep's for the 3 to max all res i think)

anyone running the build like i do?
what do u guys think about this tree and item composition? any insights?

If i were you, i wouldn't specc out of MoM + Apeps. That way you lose way too much survivability. If you really need more damage, get it some other way. Without the MoM-version, i was at 6.7k Life and felt WAY more rippy than with 6k Life + MoM/Apep. You can take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7ygns5/the_importance_of_maximum_resistance/ if you're interested, how much more max resist is worth vs. bigger life pool. Or to shorten it:

Considering, you take DMG of one elemental type only without any elemental penetration or negative map mod, this is what you can take with one hit:
- HP-Pool of 6.7k, Max Resist at 75: 6.7k / (1-0,75) = 26.8k DMG

With 78% max resist, 26.8k DMG could only oneshot you if you have 26.8k * (1-0,78) = 5.9k Life

So 3% max resist equal 800 HP.

Or, the other way around, if you have 6.7k HP both times, you can take 26.8k (75% resist) vs. 30.5k. This is a lot, especially in fights where you you get dmg of more than only one dmg type (Sirus beams for example)
Fleshed out my version of the build, here is what I did differently

Instead of going for scion life nodes I went down to the jewel socket by point blank for third large cluster. As a result I have 3x unspeakable gifts + obliteration for 50% pop also have a medium maglomaniac with another unspeakable gifts. The benefit is unlike a pop chest or asenaths my explosions kill packs entirely including rares and can chain two screens away. On blight incounter the red solid trail on minimap chains completely every time. Cluster jewels just flat out beat our "vanilla" passives. With 3x large clusters you can stack cry wiolf for example for 500-600% inc dmg rallying cry.

However I only have 4.1k hp so here is what I did with defenses
I have 90% chaos resistance + timeless jewel that converts 50% elemental damage taken to chaos. So effectively have 90% chaos and 82.5% fire, lightning cold. (antivenom, golden rule 3% max chaos res jewel)
Then abuse this further with

Shield charge + fortify (shield charge is insane with high ms on non maze maps.)
Immortal call set up with enduring cry, this build has great skill duration.
Elusive caps dodge chances for both spells and phys thanks to atziri step.
Aspect of spider + skitter bots, curse hindering jewel, impressence dmg reduction aoe, asenaths blind and temp chains. Basically almost every item is focused on dmg mitigation.

There are very few "BS" deaths, almost every death is because im talking to alva or zana or betrayal and stand still.
Shaper and sirus 5 were super easy, only died when I forgot about a mechanic but survive almost all attacks / beams to move away or pot.
Simulacrum deathless didnt even look at mods, didnt even see what boss looked like he melted (didnt even switch to binos or coralitos lol) instantly poping all mobs that spawn except wave 19+20

This guide made me confident to try my first ever poison build, thank you
Last edited by _Alcatraz_ on Apr 8, 2020, 4:18:32 AM
Hello, I have another question.
I just picked up the amulet and socketed Skitter bots but I wondered if this was still the suggestion? They seem to trail behind me but are still low level. Now I understand about squeezing all the possible damage (shock) out but could something else be better defensively?

I just hit level 83 and skating through delirium is quite fun but always feels like I'm one mistep from death. But it seems most of mine are from getting stuck on terrain. Vulnerability maps are definitely a bad idea for my character. I have not gone higher than T9 at this point.

6 Link Dendrobate 35C
Bino's 1C
Ring 12 C
Helmet 20 C
Amulet 30 c
Cluster jewel 15C (Grim Oath and Overwhelming) Large
Boots 3c

Still need a cold point I guess.
Most likely I will not be able to get the gloves, a degen cold point or the specific cluster jewels so I estimate I will have 1/20th of the actual build. I'll have to revisit and respec my tree at some point too I guess. Been avoiding Pob sometimes just get too stuck in there. thanks for the tips

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info