[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

So, after a while and few other builds, I'm back to my league starter. I've spent almost whole day yesterday crafting my gear from scratch. It took me around 50ex to get to that point and unfortunatelly, one bad accident, I lost bow I posted before (with 39% chaos dmg implicit), while it had:
+1 gems
T1 DOT
multimod
+2 supports
T1 chaos DOT

I bought dozen remove/add attack to get attack speed (from Awakened Trader lmao) and he just left with my bow

Anyways, I managed to craft new bow and rest of gear and I got to this point

5k life
1.2k ES
Ailments immunity
60+ chaos res
1.7m TR DOT dmg according to POB (thats for 1 pod right?)

I still have few upgrades to make
1. Malevolence Watcher's
2. 28% Quality bow and enchant it - which one is best? Attack speed or AOE?
3. Reroll few pieces until T1 life and divine few of them
4. Reroll chaos dmg on belt untill T1
5. Fertile Catalysts on rings and belt
6. Fix my utility gems, I need to find place for CWDT, blink arrow, etc
7. 21/20 instead of 21/0 Toxic Rain

Othen than that, I have no idea what to upgrade. Right now I got 65ex to spend and I wanted to min-max this build as much as possible. DOT on quiver perhaps? However it might be extremly hard to hit with +1 arrow and with Chaos DOT.

On top of that I have
2x Large Clusters with Wicked Pall, Unholy Grace, Unwaveringly Evil
2x Medium Clusters with Wicked Pall, Eternal Suffering
2x Medium Clusters with Wicked Pall, Eldritch Inspiration
1x Small Cluster with Elegant Form

Here is my pob also: https://pastebin.com/Teegu6Xk

Please take a look and lmk what else I could improve.

One more question - by accident I hit another pierce on quiver while I created it with Awakener Orb. It does nothing for TR? But works with CA? Maybe I could try selling this and try from scratch, as I'm not sure if I'll be using CA at all.

edit#
I have new ammy already ;)

Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 1, 2020, 8:28:54 AM
Thanks for the guide Hasunic! Was able to reach 100 and completed 36/40 without problems.

Lovely build, have been enjoying it!

Winter's white blanket swaddles all.
Last edited by 黄前久美子 on Aug 3, 2020, 6:48:52 AM
"
maciek2g wrote:
I bought dozen remove/add attack to get attack speed (from Awakened Trader lmao) and he just left with my bow
Hope you reported the asshat on whichever discord he's selling.
Man the stuff that ppl link now because of harvest are insane xD gz on 100
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Thanks for the guide Hasunic! Was able to reach 100 and completed 36/40 without problems.

Lovely build, have been enjoying it!

Sick gear, I wanted to craft similar quiver for myself. Did you craft that by yourself? If yes, how, and how much currency it took?

Also, the ring with 2 crafted mods - you just put multimod and try to annul it? Then you harvest craft new mod"

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
maciek2g wrote:
Hope you reported the asshat on whichever discord he's selling.

I did, but he managed to stole few other ppl stuff before I did that, because they posted reports few seconds after I did...
Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 3, 2020, 10:46:39 AM
"
maciek2g wrote:
Sick gear, I wanted to craft similar quiver for myself. Did you craft that by yourself? If yes, how, and how much currency it took?

Also, the ring with 2 crafted mods - you just put multimod and try to annul it? Then you harvest craft new mod"

First of all. Sorry for my poor english. I did crafted Quiver myself it costed 30ex around with 2 times lucky T1 hit, so maybe cost more. Here is method.

1. Get a base (mine is Ornate Quiver)

2. Hunter Slam it.

3. Use an Awakener's Orb on Shaper quiver (must be have "Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow" mod with NO other shpaer specific mod) to transfer the influence onto new Hunter Quiver.

4. If you get "Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow" mod with removable mods, go next step. If not, alt spam until hit "Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow" mod with removable mods.

5. Spam "Reforge a Rare item, keeping all Prefixes" harvest craft until hit "+(16–18)% to Damage over Time Multiplier" mod. The roll chance is only about 1%, but with 3 rolls per try I would bet to could hit it within 30 rolls.

6. Remove trash mods and Add chaos multi etc with harvest crafts.

I'm totally noob at crafting so there's probably something better than my method.

Also the ring, Yes, you are right. I tried to annul it with fractured T0 chaos damage Vermillion Ring. But I'm not sure this is best method.
Winter's white blanket swaddles all.
Last edited by 黄前久美子 on Aug 3, 2020, 4:28:28 PM
Is TR better than CA? Cause I feel like CA is better while leveling..
I tried swapping a few times, but always go back to CA. It feels smoother..
The damage is directly there.. with TR I need to wait before the arrows actually land.. :\
"
Sleepy1992 wrote:
The damage is directly there.. with TR I need to wait before the arrows actually land.. :\
While levelling I always use both.
You can also keep using both at end game.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Sleepy1992 wrote:
While levelling I always use both.
You can also keep using both at end game.

Yeah I use CA for clearing. On bosses I just fire CA once (so Mirage will keep firing CA) and then start TRing myself.
But on the videos everyone is always using TR... I was wonderin why since I've had more success with CA. Does it pick up later or am I missing something? Still leveling through the acts tho.. smooth af. Simulated a fresh start till Act 6. Now I bought a nice leveling bow with +1 to bow gems and dexterity gems :)
"
Sleepy1992 wrote:
Yeah I use CA for clearing. On bosses I just fire CA once (so Mirage will keep firing CA) and then start TRing myself.
But on the videos everyone is always using TR... I was wonderin why since I've had more success with CA. Does it pick up later or am I missing something? Still leveling through the acts tho.. smooth af. Simulated a fresh start till Act 6. Now I bought a nice leveling bow with +1 to bow gems and dexterity gems :)
CA for clearing and TR for bosses is a common idea, at end game once you get enough damage you can even use arrow nova on CA to increase the clear (it lowers its damage though so you need to have enough damage for the mobs to still die). Using only TR is fine too if you don't wanna bother with weapon swap and have chest links free for gems.

TR starts shining once you build a lot of attack speed, otherwise it might feel clunky.

Personally I wouldn't link mirage with CA, I'd link it with TR because you can only have 1 mirage up and TR mirage can keep shooting together with your own TR so it increases its damage. CA doesn't stack, you can just manually reapply it every few seconds, and it would benefit more from having extra damage support than mirage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info