[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
Deonix_ wrote:
I don't know why, but the damage to a single target is quite mediocre.
What is your playstyle? Having CA in bow and tr in chest supports the playstyle of playing mostly CA and using TR during downtime, but TR on its own won't do as much damage without the bow gem bonuses.

You could gem swap and put TR in bow before bigger bosses, or use weapon swap strat but it's more annoying to craft 2 bows and 2 quivers.

Another thing is you should definitely buy lvl 21 CA and TR gems, both skills scale with gem levels and it's a cheap dps upgrade a surprising amount of people gloss over.

For bossing I'd also swap pierce in CA setup for conc effect (or damage on full life if you prefer that), also if you can get another source of culling strike (glove warlord mod, curse medium cluster etc.) I would see swapping culling strike support for a proper damage support on TR (efficacy, empower, even awakened area of effect but I think the other 2 are stronger).

Crafting a +2 amulet is very easy in harvest (basically around ~2ex cost for something that would cost 20ex+ in previous leagues) so I would defo look into upgrading that. Both CA and TR benefit from dex and chaos gems so you buff both skills in the process (also buffing minor dex side skills like dash / vaal grace or anything else you have in your setup).

Also quality your spell totem / multiple totems supports, it makes the totem placement much faster so you lose less time refreshing them and have more time to keep shooting TR.

Protip: I was searching for corrupted blood immunity jewel yday and they're all expensive, apparently immune to bleed w/ malevolence watcher's eye is cheaper (lol), so I'd swap your crappy corrupted blood jewel for that. It was around ~50c yday. You gain life / es / mana.

Second protip: you have a useless dex node allocated behind your jewel (one above herbalism), you should allocate that point in your large cluster above acrobatics into jewel socket, atm it doesn't show you have it, and free jewel socket is fairly easy to fill with 3-4 mod rare jewels craftable with harvest.

Also you're ailment immune, reroll these heat / grounding flasks, you don't need that anymore. Tbh I wouldn't even use a granite on a trickster, dying sun, witchfire brew or cinderswallow are all decent options imo.
Any way to improve survivability? My dmg seems fine, I instaphased shaper just now... Sirus A8 had time to teleport once before I finsihed him. However 100% Delirious T15s are hard.

Can I get any tips on what else I can improve?

https://pastebin.com/CkfJbh8W

Hybrid flask + ammy annoit are for Fortify buff.

I know I'm missing Malevolence Watcher's but like I said, dmg is more than enough, but maybe there are other buffs worth looking for on Watcher?
@maciek2g

2 things I would look into (not sure if they are worth the price, but something to consider):
1. Moving ailment immunity to the gloves and crafting double dodge redeemer boots (or matalt temple mod + redeemer mod) since you rely on vaal grace to cap dodge and it's not always up
2. Glorious vanity timeless jewel "sacrificed to Doryani" that gives 20% of life as extra energy shield, I've seen decent amount of tricksters using that.

Also if you're ailment immune, reroll flasks to something else. Grounding / heat does nothing for you.

Your gear is very nice though, not much room for changing stuff around.

To get stuff like more %life from tree or some mana reservation nodes to squeeze an extra defensive aura (like discipline or aspect of the spider) you would have to cut some damage nodes so it's hard to say "is it worth it".
"
Viktranka wrote:
@maciek2g

2 things I would look into (not sure if they are worth the price, but something to consider):
1. Moving ailment immunity to the gloves and crafting double dodge redeemer boots (or matalt temple mod + redeemer mod) since you rely on vaal grace to cap dodge and it's not always up
2. Glorious vanity timeless jewel "sacrificed to Doryani" that gives 20% of life as extra energy shield, I've seen decent amount of tricksters using that.

Also if you're ailment immune, reroll flasks to something else. Grounding / heat does nothing for you.

Your gear is very nice though, not much room for changing stuff around.

To get stuff like more %life from tree or some mana reservation nodes to squeeze an extra defensive aura (like discipline or aspect of the spider) you would have to cut some damage nodes so it's hard to say "is it worth it".

Thanks for tips!

I checked POB and Glorious Vanity gives me around 1k ES, thats huge. I need to get at least 1 level tho, and I'll lose some dps, because I'll have to drop regular jewel, but I guess it is worth it.

However, moving ailment immunity to gloves means I'll not have 100%? Boots gives 35%, while max I can craft on gloves is 25%. In theory, I could try to make double dodge + ailment boots, but that might be really expensive and I doubt it will be worth it.
"
maciek2g wrote:
However, moving ailment immunity to gloves means I'll not have 100%? Boots gives 35%, while max I can craft on gloves is 25%. In theory, I could try to make double dodge + ailment boots, but that might be really expensive and I doubt it will be worth it.
25% helmet 25% glove 30% elegant form 20% the wheel with thick skin if you fill it up unless you skipped the 2 small life nodes?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
maciek2g wrote:
25% helmet 25% glove 30% elegant form 20% the wheel with thick skin if you fill it up unless you skipped the 2 small life nodes?

I skipped 2 small life nodes there, I'm at 102% with 35% boots, 25% helmet and 30% Elegant Form. I guess I have to decide between Glorious Vanity or Double Dodge boots now, because it may costs too many skill points to take both.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Crafting a +2 amulet is very easy in harvest (basically around ~2ex cost for something that would cost 20ex+ in previous leagues) so I would defo look into upgrading that. Both CA and TR benefit from dex and chaos gems so you buff both skills in the process (also buffing minor dex side skills like dash / vaal grace or anything else you have in your setup).

I don't have chaos crafts yet. I'm in the process of crafting an amulet.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Also quality your spell totem / multiple totems supports, it makes the totem placement much faster so you lose less time refreshing them and have more time to keep shooting TR.

Done.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Protip: I was searching for corrupted blood immunity jewel yday and they're all expensive, apparently immune to bleed w/ malevolence watcher's eye is cheaper (lol), so I'd swap your crappy corrupted blood jewel for that. It was around ~50c yday. You gain life / es / mana.

I wrote above that instead of one of the Small Cluster Jewels, I have Energised Armor with Corrupted Blood. Remained from another build. Ideally I want to craft many (at least 20) Small Cluster Jewels and corrupt them.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Second protip: you have a useless dex node allocated behind your jewel (one above herbalism), you should allocate that point in your large cluster above acrobatics into jewel socket, atm it doesn't show you have it, and free jewel socket is fairly easy to fill with 3-4 mod rare jewels craftable with harvest.

Not useless. Without it, I lack 1(!!!) dexterity to use a bow. :D Extremely idiotic situation, but nothing to be done. I will remove this node as soon as I make a new amulet.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Also you're ailment immune, reroll these heat / grounding flasks, you don't need that anymore. Tbh I wouldn't even use a granite on a trickster, dying sun, witchfire brew or cinderswallow are all decent options imo.

I keep forgetting about it. They are now Curse Immune and Bleed Immune with "Experimenter's" prefix.

Do I need quality on TR? It gives AoE, does it reduce the effectiveness?
Thanks Viktranka for giving solid advice :) I hope you had a great league Taber Corn! I'm glad that you enjoyed the build so much.

My hc experience are going very well. I've been playing Ed and it actually turns outto be realy powerful. I'm considering writing a written version for CI ed/c trickster with shield and wand because there isn't any on the forum eventough the build itself isn't mine.

I have killed A8, Cortex and oshabi so far. I'm still saving Uber atziri for later and in level 98 with 31 challenges so far.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Deonix_ wrote:
Do I need quality on TR? It gives AoE, does it reduce the effectiveness?
No, increased aoe is in fact good. But not as good as let's say to pay 5x the price for 21/20 or 21/23 over 21/0. It's a small upgrade for big price. 21/0 is a significant upgrade over 20/20 though because it does actually scale the damage.

"
Hasunic wrote:
I'm considering writing a written version for CI ed/c trickster with shield and wand because there isn't any on the forum eventough the build itself isn't mine.
There used to be one but it's abandoned now. I thought it's not viable anymore after glancing blows got put so far away from chaos nodes, but if you can make it work, why not? I imagine with harvest crafting it's easier to bridge the damage gap, for example make +2 wands?
Last edited by Viktranka on Aug 8, 2020, 7:48:43 AM
Hey.
I got +1 chaos and dex amu
+2 support bow and a lot of 'chaos damage multi'
I still feel my boss damage lacking, mobs die fast. Elder guards die (not fast) but any really strong boss (minatour/chimera/sirius) kick my ass. How can i improve damage? Am i doing something wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info