[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Sleepy1992 wrote:
Yeah I use CA for clearing. On bosses I just fire CA once (so Mirage will keep firing CA) and then start TRing myself.
But on the videos everyone is always using TR... I was wonderin why since I've had more success with CA. Does it pick up later or am I missing something? Still leveling through the acts tho.. smooth af. Simulated a fresh start till Act 6. Now I bought a nice leveling bow with +1 to bow gems and dexterity gems :)
CA for clearing and TR for bosses is a common idea, at end game once you get enough damage you can even use arrow nova on CA to increase the clear (it lowers its damage though so you need to have enough damage for the mobs to still die). Using only TR is fine too if you don't wanna bother with weapon swap and have chest links free for gems.

TR starts shining once you build a lot of attack speed, otherwise it might feel clunky.

Personally I wouldn't link mirage with CA, I'd link it with TR because you can only have 1 mirage up and TR mirage can keep shooting together with your own TR so it increases its damage. CA doesn't stack, you can just manually reapply it every few seconds, and it would benefit more from having extra damage support than mirage.

First, thanks for your replies :D

I have just swapped to TR again after like 20 levels and it feels good now. I have more attack speed and it doesn't feel clunky anymore. I indeed used Mirage on TR only and just linked CA to increase the damage. I think I will stick to TR now since it deals more than enough damage atm.. maybe when I go mapping I'll make use of CA again to compliment TR on single targets :D
Quick question on crafting gloves. I see a bunch of people with double-influenced Gripped Gloves with +Damage Over Time and +Chaos Damage over Time Multi.

Do you simply craft a hunter-influenced pair of gloves, leave an open prefix, then slam a Warlord orb and pray to Chris Wilson to hit the +Damage Over Time? According to poedb, there are 5 possible prefixes, with 4 sharing equal weight. Any tips would be super appreciated!
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Quick question on crafting gloves. I see a bunch of people with double-influenced Gripped Gloves with +Damage Over Time and +Chaos Damage over Time Multi.

Do you simply craft a hunter-influenced pair of gloves, leave an open prefix, then slam a Warlord orb and pray to Chris Wilson to hit the +Damage Over Time? According to poedb, there are 5 possible prefixes, with 4 sharing equal weight. Any tips would be super appreciated!
First of all, don't bother with gripped gloves unless you just wanna the evasion.

The implicit DOES NOT WORK. I still dunno why people didn't catch on this, it's a useless currency sink to try specifically for gripped base. It's all because it says "projectile attack damage" not "projectile damage" and it makes it not apply to dot. Save your money unless the base doesn't affect the price (it's a good evasion glove I guess?)

Second, you cannot use conqueror orb on an already influenced item.

You can either use awakened orb (have 1 glove with the warlord mod and another with hunter mod and combine with awakener orb), or just find someone's double influenced gloves (maybe abandoned project) if it's cheaper than awakener's orb.

With awakener orb you already start with 2 correct influence mods so the rest of the job is strip crappy affixes, add life or w/e you need and roll attack speed with "add attack modifier" (you can get accuracy just keep rerolling).

With plain gloves you want a lvl 80+ to roll all the mods. Alt spam for the warlord's damage over time. Fill other prefixes. Augment chaos and reroll until you get chaos multi (you can also augment twice and keep chaos res). Then roll attack speed with attack mods.
I really appreciate both the guide and how considerate people are here in regards to helping each other. Really refreshing to see, cheers!
I'm not sure that I understood what cluster jewels are needed. I don’t know, either it’s not clearly written, or it’s my poor knowledge of English. Tell me the optimal set of notables.

Crafted these:

Large Cluster Jewel #1
Unholy Grace
Unwaveringly Evil
Wicked Pall

Medium Cluster Jewel #1-A
Vile Reinvigoration
Wicked Pall

Medium Cluster Jewel #1-B
Eternal Suffering
Exposure Therapy

Small Cluster Jewel #1-A
Sublime Sensation

+Trash Jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you"

==================

Large Cluster Jewel #2
Touch of Cruelty
Unholy Grace
Wicked Pall

Medium Cluster Jewel #2-A
Eternal Suffering
Student of Decay

Medium Cluster Jewel #2-B
I haven't crafted it yet.

Small Cluster Jewel #2-A
Sublime Sensation

Small Cluster Jewel #2-B
I haven't crafted it yet.
First time I decided to hit level 100, and it was this build, loved it, and love this league.
"
Sleepy1992 wrote:
Is TR better than CA? Cause I feel like CA is better while leveling..
I tried swapping a few times, but always go back to CA. It feels smoother..
The damage is directly there.. with TR I need to wait before the arrows actually land.. :\

CA is generally better for clearing most content up through Tier 16 maps compared to Toxic Rain.

TR outshines CA in single target potential but TR requires more set up to scale with attack speed, skill duration, area of effect, and -mana crafts.

Can beat content like Sirius Awakener 8 with Caustic Arrow if you wanted to
"
udgnim wrote:

Can beat content like Sirius Awakener 8 with Caustic Arrow if you wanted to
Sirus specifically tps around so much it's rly hard to set up pods. :/

On a side note, if you have wither totem down I think it will only put circle under correct clone so it's easier to find which Sirus is the real one.
Hasunic I really need to thank you for this guide! I've never really hit end game before and haven't touched many of the end game bosses but I have cleared all the game has to offer this league (got those sweet portals, woot!).

I can, and probably will, still tinker and craft a bit on my gear but I feel really good about it all for end game. I know it's not 100% ailment immunity but whatever, it still feels great.

Hope you all have as much fun with it as I did!

I don't know why, but the damage to a single target is quite mediocre. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I don't understand something in DoT. I have no reason to doubt the effectiveness of the build, it's just not quite what I expected. On the other hand, I took this build to clear the maps and OH MY GOD it is insane! Yes, sometimes I die in a second (~6600 HP/ES), but the rest of the time I just rush through the exploding mobs! :D I think you can increase survival, but who needs it on softcore? And for the bosses, I have the HoP+Spiders guardian.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info