[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

hey, I am kinda new to trickster (first char) I seem to lack damage and survivability. I will appreciate any tips!
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
This guy uses 3 elegant form jewels and he seems to be doing fine.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kooki/xXBlunaXx?i=0&search=class%3DTrickster%26item%3DImpresence%26skill%3DCaustic-Arrow
Yeah 3x elegant form + thick skin is enough to cap. But 3,9k life tho. :( Wouldn't copy that guy's build, looks like map zoomer but no idea how would it fare on bosses because: no defensive ascendancy, low amount of life, impresence, hybrid flask not life, explody chest and explody gloves, all this suggests the build was optimized to speed through maps not for tankyness / single target damage.

Unless that's your goal but then why no arrow nova if you optimize for mapping speed. Unless you hate arrow nova playstyle (I kinda do).

"
arikshkol wrote:

hey, I am kinda new to trickster (first char) I seem to lack damage and survivability. I will appreciate any tips!
Save for lvl 21 CA and TR gems. Upgrade helmet / ruby ring / abyss jewel with more life. Get proper flasks. Pretty sure you aren't getting much from divination distillate as it's gonna cancel itself all the time. Quartz flask has worthless affix, life flasks aren't rolled to be instant and anyway "of reflexes" on a life flask is wasted, you want it on a utility flask with fixed duration.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Yeah 3x elegant form + thick skin is enough to cap. But 3,9k life tho. :( Wouldn't copy that guy's build, looks like map zoomer but no idea how would it fare on bosses because: no defensive ascendancy, low amount of life, impresence, hybrid flask not life, explody chest and explody gloves, all this suggests the build was optimized to speed through maps not for tankyness / single target damage.

Unless that's your goal but then why no arrow nova if you optimize for mapping speed. Unless you hate arrow nova playstyle (I kinda do).

No idea was just pointing it out.

4k life isnt too bad I only have 3.7k life and 1.5k ES and I do just fine.

I also use impresence, its actually quite good. Explode + frenzy chest too.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Jul 3, 2020, 4:22:10 PM
After They Changed The life clusters next to wind dancer, I think the best way to achieve full ele ailment immunity is max rolling ailment avoidance on gloves and helmet and then use 1 small cluster with ailment avoidance. This way you don't have to use shaper boots and you can hit a perfect 100% with perfect rolls.

That being said. I don't find it as important untill late where you fight t16 guardians and sirus, because you can easily get enough immunity through flasks when mapping untill you equip dying sun and maybe the chaos curse flask.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
This guy uses 3 elegant form jewels and he seems to be doing fine.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kooki/xXBlunaXx?i=0&search=class%3DTrickster%26item%3DImpresence%26skill%3DCaustic-Arrow

"
arikshkol wrote:

Save for lvl 21 CA and TR gems. Upgrade helmet / ruby ring / abyss jewel with more life. Get proper flasks. Pretty sure you aren't getting much from divination distillate as it's gonna cancel itself all the time. Quartz flask has worthless affix, life flasks aren't rolled to be instant and anyway "of reflexes" on a life flask is wasted, you want it on a utility flask with fixed duration.

thx for the tips. What do you mean 'divination distillate cancel itself' ?
"
arikshkol wrote:
What do you mean 'divination distillate cancel itself' ?
If you are full mana and full hp it will stop giving you magic find. Life / mana flasks stop when you reach full life / mana unless they have enduring prefix (blue ones, uniques can't).
"
arikshkol wrote:

Maybe swap caustic arrow and toxic rain setups so the TR (bossing skill) is affected by the +levels on bow.
First of all thank you all your tips are really helpful. I applied some of your tips and it really helped. Now I will switch between ca and tr?
another question what is more important dps wise quality or gem level of ca and tr?
So with some gardening, I managed to remove the physical damage over time from my amulet, and turn it into this:

The life roll is low, but I can harvest-craft it into something more manageable.

Checking trade, there's just two other amulets like this, listed for 25 and 40 ex, which is kind of weird because it wasn't that hard to make, and I'm absolutely horrible at crafting.

Mine also has a free prefix, so it should theoretically boost the price? I dunno I just hit things and cheer when exalts drop.

I'm thinking of switching builds since I'm at A:8 Sirus already, so I might try to sell it once I improve the life roll.

On my first try using corroded + jagged and metallic, finally some luck. Been using same bow for 40 levels ubtil now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info