Younger cousin #rekt someone.

"
LennyLen wrote:
Let's look at the very definition of violence:

behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

It has nothing to do with whether it is justified or not. Trying to say that it's not violence just because it's justified is simply wrong.

Also explanation: https://steemit.com/philosophy/@krnel/force-vs-violence-is-force-the-same-as-violence
Last edited by de99ial on Jan 2, 2020, 10:39:03 AM
^you realize people are free to disagree with your arbitrary definitions pamflet right?

For example "violence" is entirely justified if your family's survival is on the line.(morality changes depending on context)

Which makes it an arbitrary self-induced definition.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
de99ial wrote:

Just because a guy makes up a website to promote his philosophical idea doesn't make it true.
"
Boem wrote:
I dont quite understand your first paragraph, you will have to clarify, for example
"those guys who like being offended, they aren't really violent"?
Who exactly likes to be offended, i dont quite understand what your infering here.

As for the second paragraph = look up Antifa, which bassicaly runs on the principle of submersive messaging. The name alone "anti fashist" while utilizing fashist methods like no-platforming/shame and censor culture and classical "good vs evil" dichotomy's that provoke the purity senses of mobs of people.

They utilize a same logical fallacy to justify the agression and damages they cause under a banner of being against agression and damaging entities.

As for the last paragraph, im just utilizing the established definition for bullying i didn't say i agree with the methods currently being utilized.
I think it's entirelly plausible to teach children emotional intelligence without pushing it beyond reasonable and practical applications at a young age.

Spoiler
For example i remember a school where children were thought from a young age to express emotions with basic emoji's.
When i mean express, i mean identify the emotion for themselves that they where in.
This resulted in "bully's" being able to express their emotional state better and allowing empathy and group cohesion to go up.

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh, they can be nasty no doubt, but I was talking specifically about physical violence and aggression.

People who like being offended? Well, thank the sjws for that. I believe most of them just want to provoke others, put themselves into their face, and when they retaliate they scream how offensive it is. That fat acceptance? I had a specific person in mind who put herself out there for thousands to watch. And when someone made a funny video about it - it was all cries and pats on the back because it was so offensive. This gives them a form of validation and attention.

Teaching children emotional intelligence has two drawbacks. First, they wont quite understand why they need this skill. Once they leave home and start earning for themselves they will realize that working with others and being respectful will yield benefits. However during the school bullying period they are taken care of by their parents. They always have this safety net and no reason to improve. Second, it takes time. The more time a measure takes the more damage the bully will cause.
Im done with this childlish "disscussion".
"
de99ial wrote:
Im done with this childlish "disscussion".

Great comeback.
I think i saw him yesterday on the Blizzardforums quote this

"
de99ial wrote:
Its Selfdefense if Your Life or Body is endangered and Youre forced to defend Yourself. It can be a violent reaction.

he´s probably just low on time to fix all his postings on maybe several forums, seriously why do comebacks in this accelerated busy age of quick forg(ettness)ivness.

Topic is pretty much spent, anyone up for another adventure ?
Maybe someone wants to make a new topic ?
How about:
- The Weather
- Foodstuff
- How to become an arrant Liar
- Why the General Discussion board is dispensable
- Importance of checks and balances
- Volunteers ?

Spoiler
feels like beeing a moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jan 3, 2020, 5:24:32 PM
"
Lachdanan wrote:
I think...

I dont care what you think. Also i dont have account there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info