[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
anonymous890 wrote:
"
SkimmyBoy wrote:
Hey folks, I'm struggling with the final phase on Sirus. My DPS seems to be lacking, any tips on my gear/setup would be greatly appreciated!
(POB is showing my DPS at 300k...I must be missing something right?)

Fix your flasks! In Sirus fight you probably don't need 2x life flask + mana flask. Would not recommend Rotgut as source of onslaught as well (just use Silver flask). Maybe for Sirus you can use Diamond Flask, Amethyst Flask, Mana flask w/ cast speed, Life, Life/quicksilver?

Also this build benefits a lot from flat added cold damage to spells, so definitely try to get some of that between your rings, helm, and abyss jewel.

Thank you for the reply, I'll work on the added cold damage and flasks :)
I can farm Sirus at Awakening 8 pretty easily. I still die, but that's mostly to me being bad and not the build. I made some adjustments to the build personally, based on a few factors.

1. I am generally bad at this game and dodging stuff is not my forte
2. I've had some decent luck with gear / 2x corrupt on my Pledge.
3. I got a very solid Zealotry watchers eye pretty cheap and use that.
4. I got a bunch of awakened gem drops that are useful to this build
5. Since I had some luck with coloring on Perfect Form, I use Curse on it + Frostbite

I ran without Skyforth for a while using Mutewind Whispersteps, and now switched to chaos resist boots. My problem wasnt damage, I had gotten myself up to the 16m or so DPS mark, and have since dropped it down to the ~10m range. No real difference on bosses / metamorphs... might take a half second longer to kill them. Guardians almost all die before mechanics come into play. I went for survivabilty more than anything now.

I have some probably "no-no" in this build. IE half my mana is reserved (but whenever i was dying before I was on full mana dead), Ive purposefully dropped my DPS in favor of resists and the like. But... it makes no real difference in speed of killing things and I can survive touching the storms in Sirus' citadel now

I got to 97 and am pretty much stuck there, mostly because I end up dying doing something stupid or the random one shot that kills way too much of my grinding time which aggravates me.

This build is a blast though, and its carried me through all end game content like nothing I've ever played. If I ever learn to use flasks properly and Zoom Zoom through mapping better Id prob be 100 now :)

Account is public if anyone wants to see my gear / setup

Last edited by Heartcarver on Jan 13, 2020, 10:06:18 AM
"
Heartcarver wrote:
I can farm Sirus at Awakening 8 pretty easily. I still die, but that's mostly to me being bad and not the build. I made some adjustments to the build personally, based on a few factors.

1. I am generally bad at this game and dodging stuff is not my forte
2. I've had some decent luck with gear / 2x corrupt on my Pledge.
3. I got a very solid Zealotry watchers eye pretty cheap and use that.
4. I got a bunch of awakened gem drops that are useful to this build
5. Since I had some luck with coloring on Perfect Form, I use Curse on it + Frostbite

I ran without Skyforth for a while using Mutewind Whispersteps, and now switched to chaos resist boots. My problem wasnt damage, I had gotten myself up to the 16m or so DPS mark, and have since dropped it down to the ~10m range. No real difference on bosses / metamorphs... might take a half second longer to kill them. Guardians almost all die before mechanics come into play. I went for survivabilty more than anything now.

I have some probably "no-no" in this build. IE half my mana is reserved (but whenever i was dying before I was on full mana dead), Ive purposefully dropped my DPS in favor of resists and the like. But... it makes no real difference in speed of killing things and I can survive touching the storms in Sirus' citadel now

I got to 97 and am pretty much stuck there, mostly because I end up dying doing something stupid or the random one shot that kills way too much of my grinding time which aggravates me.

This build is a blast though, and its carried me through all end game content like nothing I've ever played. If I ever learn to use flasks properly and Zoom Zoom through mapping better Id prob be 100 now :)

Account is public if anyone wants to see my gear / setup

Thank you for your reply. My dps is at 300k...I've been told to get more added cold damage on my abyss jewel and some gear but i can't see this adding millions to my dps? Also looking to get awakened gems aswell. It just feels like I've missed something vital.
Also a quick other question on this... why can this build handle HOGM so easily? The "I block everything" guy in there melts entirely. Is ice novas off the Frostbolts unblockable somehow?
"
Thank you for your reply. My dps is at 300k...I've been told to get more added cold damage on my abyss jewel and some gear but i can't see this adding millions to my dps? Also looking to get awakened gems aswell. It just feels like I've missed something vital.

Quality your cold pen gem will give you an additional 10% cold damage. If you arent dying too much, you could replace a ring with a more damage based ring - agree on getting ++ cold damage on things.

Make sure you are chilling Sirus constantly... and this may be obvious but I used to stand there, launch a buncha Frostbolts and then ice nova them all. Problem with me doing that was I either got hit by lasers, or I moved too much and lost intensify drastically slowing down damage. I brilliant realized... you can cast a buncha of frostbolts, flame dash somewhere else then cast nova on them all giving you a few more precious seconds to stand there building intensify stacks.

Finally, if you are better at the game than me, and good at not getting killed, you can throw in curs eon hit + frosbite or reserve more mana for another damaging aura to help
"
Heartcarver wrote:
Finally, if you are better at the game than me, and good at not getting killed, you can throw in curs eon hit + frosbite or reserve more mana for another damaging aura to help

The reason you pick Hierophant for this build is defense. Reserving a lot of mana with this build is nonsense, might as well play a different class then, unless you do content where you literally cannot die like lab runs, grinding white maps, etc.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 13, 2020, 10:52:23 AM

So recently got this Jewel from Legion. It gives us 15% chance to do double damage in the socket above witch's starting area with our passive tree (and an additional 5% if we take the Power charge node). Trying it out and feeling great so far haha. I lose a bit of tankiness tho.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Heartcarver wrote:

The reason you pick Hierophant for this build is defense. Reserving a lot of mana with this build is nonsense, might as well play a different class then, unless you do content where you literally cannot die like lab runs, grinding white maps, etc.

I mean, I'm probably missing something, but I have 52% of my mana unreserved, and we take ~40% damage from mana before life. Isn't having half your mana unreserved enough for the defense purpose or is there something I am missing?

For the record I do run T14-T16 maps generally, and have done all the challenges except "Sirus Conditionally" and "End Game Grinds".
We usually have 50% MoM (30% base, 10% from ascendancy node, 10% from Watcher's Eye). So you actually do have to bulk up both life and mana to get the most out of it.

If we only had 40% MoM then indeed you could afford another aura. But that extra 10% MoM is worth like 1k to 1.5k EHP.

It's worth noting that although most of our bonuses are based off maximum Mana, one of our mods is based off unreserved mana: "1% increased Area of Effect per 50 Unreserved Maximum Mana, up to 100%" from Sanctuary of Thought. So you can lose 40-50% inc. area by reserving half your mana.
is there an ideal life/mana ratio?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info