[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Gnomiro wrote:
Hi, was able to craft a beautifull Frenzy Charge/Spell Crit chest:

Since I now have Frenzy Charges up all the time I'm asking my self if we use Cold Snap for enything besides Frenzy Charge generation?

Could I just link Frost Bomb to Bonechill and Unbound Ailments or is there any advantage for using Cold Snap?

Otherwise thankl you for the build it's really great!

Cold snap is a defensive mechanism for this build. It reduces action speed of the enemies. It was never used to generate frenzy charges. Farruls fur is best in slot as a chest piece for this build. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think 3 power charges and cats stealth is better then the spell crit that you have. Frenzy generation is never a problem with farruls fur and it's always up all the time, and since we always have power charge generation aswell you can drop skyforths and not worry about power charges on bosses allowing you to get a nice pair of tailwind/elusive boots.

"
benbs123 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:
Hi, was able to craft a beautifull Frenzy Charge/Spell Crit chest:

Since I now have Frenzy Charges up all the time I'm asking my self if we use Cold Snap for enything besides Frenzy Charge generation?

Could I just link Frost Bomb to Bonechill and Unbound Ailments or is there any advantage for using Cold Snap?

Otherwise thankl you for the build it's really great!

Cold snap is a defensive mechanism for this build. It reduces action speed of the enemies. It was never used to generate frenzy charges. Farruls fur is best in slot as a chest piece for this build. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think 3 power charges and cats stealth is better then the spell crit that you have. Frenzy generation is never a problem with farruls fur and it's always up all the time, and since we always have power charge generation aswell you can drop skyforths and not worry about power charges on bosses allowing you to get a nice pair of tailwind/elusive boots.

Currently going for Frostbolt with PCoC Support for Power Charges and Omeyocan for Perma-Onslaught and Dodge. I'm preferring this a little bit more defensive setup.
Cold Snap's primary use is to apply a ~20% inc. cold damage taken debuff on bosses with the help of Bonechill/Unbound Ailments. It is still useful even if you have Frenzy Charge generation from Farrul's Fur or other sources.

Frost Bomb with Bonechill won't work well. First of all that would require Frost Bomb's final explosion to hit the target (normally we only need any of its pulses to hit). Then the chill would only last 2 seconds, versus Cold Snap being up for almost 9. Finally the chill effect would be small since it's based on the damage dealt by Frost Bomb which is only a 1-link. Cold Snap is different b/c it creates chilled ground which always has a 10% base chill effect.
Which glorious vanity gem is being used?
What am I doing wrong? When I import my char into POB I am at 1/10th the total DPS with somewhat similar gear. I know I am only lvl 73 but the damage drop off has been big enough to wear I slowly clear T10 maps now.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/6a9hfgLL

Gear:

Spoiler

Is this good enough to replace Skyforth? I changed my Pantheon from Arkaali to Brine King. So far haven't experienced being stunned.

Last edited by meister1523 on Jan 12, 2020, 10:02:10 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
Cold Snap's primary use is to apply a ~20% inc. cold damage taken debuff on bosses with the help of Bonechill/Unbound Ailments. It is still useful even if you have Frenzy Charge generation from Farrul's Fur or other sources.

Frost Bomb with Bonechill won't work well. First of all that would require Frost Bomb's final explosion to hit the target (normally we only need any of its pulses to hit). Then the chill would only last 2 seconds, versus Cold Snap being up for almost 9. Finally the chill effect would be small since it's based on the damage dealt by Frost Bomb which is only a 1-link. Cold Snap is different b/c it creates chilled ground which always has a 10% base chill effect.

My bad! Forgot about the damage it gives aswell. Huge miss on my part.
"
Arcinde wrote:

Thanks! That was the answer I was looking for!
Hey folks, I'm struggling with the final phase on Sirus. My DPS seems to be lacking, any tips on my gear/setup would be greatly appreciated!
(POB is showing my DPS at 300k...I must be missing something right?)
Last edited by SkimmyBoy on Jan 13, 2020, 7:10:12 AM
"
SkimmyBoy wrote:
Hey folks, I'm struggling with the final phase on Sirus. My DPS seems to be lacking, any tips on my gear/setup would be greatly appreciated!
(POB is showing my DPS at 300k...I must be missing something right?)

Fix your flasks! In Sirus fight you probably don't need 2x life flask + mana flask. Would not recommend Rotgut as source of onslaught as well (just use Silver flask). Maybe for Sirus you can use Diamond Flask, Amethyst Flask, Mana flask w/ cast speed, Life, Life/quicksilver?

Also this build benefits a lot from flat added cold damage to spells, so definitely try to get some of that between your rings, helm, and abyss jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info