[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

The seed is random, you'll probably have to try a few jewels before finding one that fits you.

I suggest also checking your jewel on the node near Pain Attunement before trading/selling it, you can adapt with minimal effort the base build if there are good nodes on that region.
I had an awakened cold damage and awakened spell echo that I got on my summoner earlier in the league so I elected to use those. I assuemed it would be a bigger dps increase. Would awakened cold pen be better than cold damage?
Last edited by Wastedturtl on Jan 13, 2020, 6:33:19 PM
"
kireek wrote:
The seed is random, you'll probably have to try a few jewels before finding one that fits you.

I suggest also checking your jewel on the node near Pain Attunement before trading/selling it, you can adapt with minimal effort the base build if there are good nodes on that region.

I was afraid that was the route I'd probably have to take. I might buy a few just to see what I can get. They're only about 80c so I'll see what happens.
"
Wastedturtl wrote:
I had an awakened cold damage and awakened spell echo that I got on my summoner earlier in the league so I elected to use those. I assuemed it would be a bigger dps increase. Would awakened cold pen be better than cold damage?

Awakened Added Cold Damage is better because at level 5 it gives +1 level to Ice Nova, granting a massive increase in DPS.

Before level 5 you're better off checking your character at PoB to see which gem currently is performing better, as it will depend mostly on your gear.
Awesome thank you for the help! I found a glorious vanity that also gave me 30% cold damage and +2% cold resist pen!
I think Iam doing not so much dmg, can someone see my profile and help me?
Shaper guardians and conquerors are really hard to fight
Last edited by m1task on Jan 14, 2020, 3:17:08 PM
"
m1task wrote:
I think Iam doing not so much dmg, can someone see my profile and help me?
Shaper guardians and conquerors are really hard to fight

get a 21/0 ice nova. quality isn't important
a diamond flask is essential for a crit build. check the guide for the best flask setup.
swap awakened cold damage with hypothermia or cold pen. swap to awakened cold damage once it hits level 5
where's your cold snap setup?
are you using zealotry without essence worm? i think that will make you squishy
allocate heart of ice on your amulet

edit: are you getting stunned a lot without skyforth boots?
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 14, 2020, 4:42:00 PM
awakened cold dmg is doing more dmg at 1 lv vs vs hypothermia lvl20. That's why I replace hypothermia for awakened cold dmg.
Zealotry im using in farrul, still have 1600 mana and feel comfortable with the mana.Replacing one of my rings for essence worm form make my dmg even lower.
Skyforth - i sell them, prefer two toned, rarely get stunned.
I dont know, I've watched a video in youtube where counquer was destroyed for 3-4 sec and realize that Im far far away from that level of damage.
Last edited by m1task on Jan 14, 2020, 5:34:44 PM
"
m1task wrote:
awakened cold dmg is doing more dmg at 1 lv vs vs hypothermia lvl20

here are my numbers from pob:

awakened cold damage 1/20: 64k avg - 324k total
hypothermia 20/20: 74k avg - 374k total

cold snap will help a lot as well as a 21/0 ice nova

edit: you absolutely need a diamond flask
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 14, 2020, 5:53:16 PM
"
Coldhatez wrote:
I'm currently level 57 and feeling pretty squishy on HC. How can I improve my defenses?

Also, is the 2H staff mandatory?

Yes. The Staff is literally the only mandatory part of the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info