Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
The "Can have multiple crafted modifiers" mod has been changed, now granting "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers". Multi-mod crafting an item was proving too powerful for too low a cost compared with rolling an item of relative power. We'll be keeping an eye on the modifier to see if further changes are required.

I can already tell you what further changes are required: reverse it.

It seems that when something particularly powerful comes along, GGG's response is "Well, let's keep the power, but make it harder to get." This does NOT solve power creep: it just turns it into a power GAP.

There will still be players running around with super-twinked items... They'll just be fewer of them, while most players, who previously could count on reliably getting a half-decent weapon thanks to multimodding, are now SoL.

Exactly.
High end hardcore players won't be impacted.
It's a huge blow to guys like me, the slightly above-average players (in terms of time played).
I've played quite a lot in Legion (compared to what I'm usually able to play), and I remember that finally being able to craft that multimoded pseudo-7L exquisite blade felt like a tremendous achievement.
I guess I'll probably never get an equivalent item in the future.
Seems a little harsh on melee. Less damage, less protection and to top it off.. worse weapons (with no multimod).

Looks like zombies are to blame for everything considering they took all necro nerfs :P

Multimodding is freaking expensive and out of reach for most players. Might be too strong, but I'm not sure this is the right way to solve it.
But hey, if you instead make it worth ID'ing rares, I would love it.. That would certainly slow the game down and make it less attractive to play flash gordon in every map.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
Amarath wrote:
How does this make it through to live?

You do know they don't actually run live testing on pretty much anything, right? They punch in some numbers that sound good (compared to what they read in the "telemetry" which is barely better than what us players can just see on poe.ninja) and then run a consistency checker to make sure it doesn't hardlock the server.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
"Arc, Soulrend, Molten Strike, Shattering Steel, Lancing Steel, Venom Gyre and more have been buffed. This is a buff."

Are they trying to convince us of something? Why did they repeat the fact that it's a buff?

Well... After reading the comments here i think they might have to add it a third time. Still so many people complaining that "melee is dead", even tho molten strike can easily kill uber elder on a 1 ex budget without the buff already.

pfft i need to see this 1 ex budget build you speak of
"
Amarath wrote:
"
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.

We want rares to be good, but now caster 2-h weapons will be shit. You cannot have it both ways. No one is going to us 2-h rares for casting anymore.

How does this make it through to live?

Not only Casters but Melee aswell. Ofc the few Two Hander left out there. DW does so much more Dmg already. Just Pick 2 Scaevas and Bladflurry Shaper to Death
Last edited by Roflhammer on Dec 10, 2019, 7:39:22 AM
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
"
nskLantash wrote:
If you buff damage numbers on Arc instead of partially reverting the nerf on its spreading range - you're just hilariously out of touch.
This
"
bouboubibi wrote:

Exactly.
High end hardcore players won't be impacted.
It's a huge blow to guys like me, the slightly above-average players (in terms of time played).
I've played quite a lot in Legion (compared to what I'm usually able to play), and I remember that finally being able to craft that multimoded pseudo-7L exquisite blade felt like a tremendous achievement.
I guess I'll probably never get an equivalent item in the future.

The vast majority of players will not be impacted at all, because the only thing this changes is one's ability to Annul off a bad Regal, and an item with 4/6 targeted stats is going to be good enough.
Didnt they just change multimod to have 1 slot left so you have to slam new conqueror exalts in them?
"
idiocracy1992 wrote:
ggg: game lags because of alot of unneeded calculations when mobs dont die quickly
also ggg: adds more unneeded calculations to armour

nice
"
idiocracy1992 wrote:
ggg: game lags because of alot of unneeded calculations when mobs dont die quickly
also ggg: adds more unneeded calculations to armour

:DDDDD

Typical GGG for you, I wonder did they even finally fix that memory leak.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info