Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
FamousWarrior wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
TL;DR melee is even worse

Fortify nerfed = more damage taken by melee
More boss life = more damage taken by melee due to longer exposure
More investment needed to deal with armor and elemental resist = More dmg taken by melee due to longer exposure
Buffs to Ranged totems = safe ranged playstyles get safer and more damaging when they already had no problem doing lots of DPS (Ele hit Balistas will completely faceroll all content).
Buffs to boss life = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play
Nerfs to melee = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play
Nerfs to fortify = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play

Question: can GGG hire someone who has a good feel for how to make melee better? because in 6 years the existing staff either has no interest or no ability to.

Absolutely, someone in their team is shitting on melee hard, they nerfed melee enough so you die through your 8 portals in mapping, thanks guys at ggg youre the best

I wanted to go melee for the new league, but damn, looks ugly now
So now want to play a bow build, but also not summoning totems/ballista.
I just want a strong bow and nothing else. I played enough summoner in blight!
"
Another manifesto another thread full of knee jerk reactions.

Some are knee jerk, but other's are legitimate. Such as the nerfs to melee damage and survivability. It is completely unwarranted when it was already worse than spells, minions, and ranged. They also seem to be pushing to make map bosses harder but still giving no reason to actually kill them. So now they will just be skipped even more than before. I honestly don't understand were ggg is at with these changes.
Last edited by DomzyPrivs on Dec 9, 2019, 10:54:48 PM
really now...

-All ranged attack skills have been reviewed, with most receiving numerical adjustments, mostly buffs

but then...

-Mirage Archer has been used by almost every popular bow build since its release, providing a sizeable damage bonus, long range auto-targeting and the ability to deal damage while moving. To lower its power relative to other supports, Mirage Archer now has a lower range it can target enemies and the damage of the Mirage has been lowered slightly.

Makes me hate devs' ranged gameplay favoritism a little less but you never know they might have just reduced its targeting range by 1, I wouldn't even be surprised since devs like to suck on ranged pew pew playstyle phallus
and people thought it's gonna be "bow league"
*PFFT*
Melee can be band-aided by increasing the power of all melee nodes on the tree and making the armor pen mods strong. I wouldn't want to play melee on these servers where every boss is being given a melee slam attack though.
>Devs hate Melee
>Devs hate Ranged
>Devs hate Minions

So, what DO the devs like, then? According to people in this thread, the devs hate everything in their own game, so what DO they actually like?
Who said it's gonna be a "bow league"? And why do we need a "bow league" or do people actually want 40% of players to play bows?! They just said they're adjusting bow skills, not that they're gonna make that the new meta. I remember people were complaining on the forums about GGG imposing a meta on the players and now when they actually aren't doing that the same people are getting upset. Doesn't make any sense.

I think most of these nerfs are fine. Am I crazy remembering everybody complaining during Exilecon interviews how fast and easy the game is and how lame it is you can't appreciate the monster animations because you instantly one-shot the entire screen? Also did you guys forget about the "shapers per second" meme? If you want POE to be a little slower the only way to do it is to scale back damage and boost up monsters.

The big issue with Diablo 4 these days and the main reason why players prefer POE is the deep itemization. Well my friends, sadly every top-end item looks exactly the same after you multi-mod it. Same goes for Maim and Fortify + multi-mod items. Alt spamming + fossil crafting and some limited multi-modding will produce a greater variety of items. On top of that we have new modifiers from the new bosses and currency items, which will most likely be powerful as well. I think the damages will be fine.
Last edited by GoatMonger on Dec 9, 2019, 11:05:52 PM
"
The weighting of Minion modifiers on Convoking Wands have been lowered, making it harder to roll a great Minion wand.

I had bad luck with these, I believed good ones could only be rolled by other people lol
"
We've made adjustments to the damage provided by the Shaper mod that grants cold damage per 10 Dexterity, and the cold damage bonus on Hyrri's Ire. The large amount of added damage from these two items was too great an increase for too little investment. More item modifier changes are noted below.

*scrolls down*
"
Power has been lowered on some of the more impactful modifiers like Cold Damage per 10 Dexterity on bows and Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage.

WOW THANKS THAT WAS REALLY HELPFUL GREAT PATCHNOTES 10/10
"
DarkenX wrote:
>Devs hate Melee
>Devs hate Ranged
>Devs hate Minions

So, what DO the devs like, then? According to people in this thread, the devs hate everything in their own game, so what DO they actually like?

Devs love totems
Devs love pew pew ranged builds and boss skiping.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info