Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
nskLantash wrote:
...Oh. One more thing.
What about stun?
With the monster HP buffs, and re-balancing the way shock and chill apply, you'd think melee'd get at least some love with stun being rebalanced in a similar fashion.
Guess not.

Yeah they have no idea how much harder the few stunnabble bosses are made to be...they must have a diablo 4 spy working at ggg, hahaha even the nerf to fortify , unreal
So you essentially removed all the fun stuff again. I have no idea why you think people want a dark souls arpg equivalent rather than just some fun, rewarding, cathartic grinding. This shows POE2 will be a disappointment.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
3.8 was the league you made Specters more "player friendly". 3.9 they got a considerable, if not huge, nerf. I'm ok with this, it was OP for sure.

Serious question: How come GGG didn't anticipate that specters would wreck all content with major ease with that buff in 3.8?

"Powercreep is a ladder" is not an answer.

The minion changes are complete BS.

From hero to zero, absolute BS balancing.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
DasLewis wrote:
"
WotsOnSecond wrote:
"As the average character's damage has grown over time, we're going to be incrementally updating monster defences to be more challenging. This league, we're looking at monster life, resistances and armour."

So Monster defense increases, monster damage increases, player damage increases, ...

I think you're missing something.

I think the point is to make enemies more dangerous (as they should be) and keep players with just a little bit of investment from oneshotting whole screens and bosses. just dodge abilities 4Head

How the fuck are you supposed to dodge anything when there are always dozens of different damage sources coming at you at any given time, and you can't see most of them because of all the fucking on-screen clutter? GGG keeps claiming they want to slow the game down, which would be fine, but then they keep spamming ever greater quantities of excessively lethal shit onto the screen which pretty much necessitates trying to trivialize the content with OP damage (which they're more than happy to provide, if only you play some boring as shit cookie-cutter meta build paid for by spending an absurdly unhealthy amount of time intensively grinding), because wtf else can you do when you can't see a damn thing?
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
This is the way.
really great idea GGG.

The "Can have multiple crafted modifiers" mod has been changed, now granting "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers". Multi-mod crafting an item was proving too powerful for too low a cost compared with rolling an item of relative power. We'll be keeping an eye on the modifier to see if further changes are required.

Thanks for removing this craft from the game. :)

/s
So what is going to happen to bleed damage now?
RIP Multimod, and most importantly, RIP Melee (again)
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW
"
IceKingLP wrote:
So what is going to happen to bleed damage now?

You'll die to it even more quickly and frequently now than ever before, while mobs, and especially bosses, will laugh it off even more now than ever before.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info