Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
alhazred70 wrote:
TL;DR melee is even worse

Fortify nerfed = more damage taken by melee
More boss life = more damage taken by melee due to longer exposure
More investment needed to deal with armor and elemental resist = More dmg taken by melee due to longer exposure
Buffs to Ranged totems = safe ranged playstyles get safer and more damaging when they already had no problem doing lots of DPS (Ele hit Balistas will completely faceroll all content).
Buffs to boss life = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play
Nerfs to melee = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play
Nerfs to fortify = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play

Question: can GGG hire someone who has a good feel for how to make melee better? because in 6 years the existing staff either has no interest or no ability to.

Absolutely, someone in their team is shitting on melee hard, they nerfed melee enough so you die through your 8 portals in mapping, thanks guys at ggg youre the best
The league itself looked a bit weak, but expansion and the nerfs are looking to provide some challenge atleast.

The loss of multimod isnt that bad for trade leagues, but damn does it hurt us Special Snow Flakes..
"
"
DasLewis wrote:
"
WotsOnSecond wrote:
"As the average character's damage has grown over time, we're going to be incrementally updating monster defences to be more challenging. This league, we're looking at monster life, resistances and armour."

So Monster defense increases, monster damage increases, player damage increases, ...

I think you're missing something.

I think the point is to make enemies more dangerous (as they should be) and keep players with just a little bit of investment from oneshotting whole screens and bosses. just dodge abilities 4Head

How the fuck are you supposed to dodge anything when there are always dozens of different damage sources coming at you at any given time, and you can't see most of them because of all the fucking on-screen clutter? GGG keeps claiming they want to slow the game down, which would be fine, but then they keep spamming ever greater quantities of excessively lethal shit onto the screen which pretty much necessitates trying to trivialize the content with OP damage (which they're more than happy to provide, if only you play some boring as shit cookie-cutter meta build paid for by spending an absurdly unhealthy amount of time intensively grinding), because wtf else can you do when you can't see a damn thing?

I'll agree that there is some cognitive dissonance when it comes to slowing the game down... Blight was just the worst example of too many damage sources at once so far. But I'm confident they've balanced things well enough to still feel good to play in Metamorph. This league definitely looks like a 'slow down' league anyway. I'm actually considering playing some slower boss-viable builds because the league mechanic doesn't require massive clear speed for once.
I'm really struggling to understand these changes. Especially with no signs or mention of boss loot ever becoming worthwhile again.

Coming off multiple leagues of player numbers declining substantially and a league just finished that had the lowest player numbers since almost back into the days of 2016, we get a sweeping raft of changes that do nothing but make the game harder for new players coming in and all casual players tossing up if they should return or not. We already have hardcore mode for players who want to play on a knife edge, but there's only like 100 of them in that mode for a good reason - because the mode isn't fun. GGG need to stop trying to turn the game into us needing to build characters like it's hardcore mode.

What are GGG thinking, do they not want players or profitability for the game any more. Is running players off in droves, leaving us with a dead and empty trade economy what they want?

Right now the only net benefit I can see these changes being too, is trade bots.
"
lonestaRip wrote:
this is crazy, gg poe.

it's time to quit.

i wonder if they really play their own game.

bye, I don't think you will be missed :)
VERDICT : BOW NERF , MELEE NERF , MINION NERF , BENCH CRAFT NERF , ARC CHILL/SHOCK BUFF
Last edited by Donyadl on Dec 9, 2019, 10:50:10 PM
Man, the changes are not detailed but this is what i get:

-"hey we saw you liked minions, yeah! we are gonna nerf that!"

-"oh, we saw you enjoyed multicrafting, Yeah! we are gonna nerf that too!"

-"did you like the melee rework?, Guess what?! we are gonna nerf the fortify that kept you alive, and stacking physical damage, yeah that wont be a thing any more."

-"exited for bow league, Great! cause we are gonna nerf the most liked affixes and drop mirrage archer to the ground, enjoy your bows!!!

-"But dont worry, not everything is gonne, you can still play Arc!!!, like last yeah!!! again!!!"

Guess i should be thankfull, now i dont have too many choices for a league starter.
Another manifesto another thread full of knee jerk reactions.

it is incredible how you buff bosses league after league in HP and damage but the rewards still crap as always.

When are we having 50% chance to boss drops maps in maps?

For GOD SAKE GGG, make boss kill be something rewarding or we keep skip'm them.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Chaos dot is really difficult to scale against end game bosses and now they have even more chaos res?

Nice multimod nerf wow.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info