[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
maximewoody wrote:
Hello all.

Has any of you tried a version with the helmet "The Devouring Diadem" ?

We could have 3 auras for extra buffs (with Enlighten lvl 3). It should be doable to get around 2000 ES to compensate for the mana loss.

We can't reserve mana until we get the mirror and belt, then use an essence wurm.
FOLLOW THE GUIDE!
Is it not worth to go with Mark of the Shaper over Essence Worm?
For the guys who wanted to go devouring diadem / no essence worm, biggest problem you'll have will be survivability. Normal version has life + es + mana for mom. EB version has life + es for mom and no third layer. You'd also probably have less ES than you could have unreserved mana.

It's really hard to get any defenses on a totem character, only thing you can invest into is MOM and block, and safe playstyle / chilling mobs. You can't reach a lot of life, armor, evasion, dodge, etc. So going EB / devouring diadem will make you more squishy.
"
aka2411 wrote:

thanks for the build, having fun so far but I cant really feel it kicking enough at higher atlas and end game bosses. currently sitting at 4k2 hp, 2k5 mana and often melted/ one shotted by meta boss. I die often in T15-16 maps and cannot level up probably :(

any change beside from minmaxing the enchanting/ hp on items before the big 20ex for mirror?

feels like hitting a wall, keep dying here and then although the dmg is good
"
Gulch wrote:
"
maximewoody wrote:
Hello all.

Has any of you tried a version with the helmet "The Devouring Diadem" ?

We could have 3 auras for extra buffs (with Enlighten lvl 3). It should be doable to get around 2000 ES to compensate for the mana loss.

We can't reserve mana until we get the mirror and belt, then use an essence wurm.
FOLLOW THE GUIDE!

Damn son, you should never approach a cult... Have you ever crossed a road outside pedestrian zebra ?
I know it requires a little bit of imagination but sometimes you just have to question reality.

So instead of essence wurm, you put any rare ring and you go with Devouring Diadem. Just asking, no harm done.
"
Viktranka wrote:
For the guys who wanted to go devouring diadem / no essence worm, biggest problem you'll have will be survivability. Normal version has life + es + mana for mom. EB version has life + es for mom and no third layer. You'd also probably have less ES than you could have unreserved mana.

It's really hard to get any defenses on a totem character, only thing you can invest into is MOM and block, and safe playstyle / chilling mobs. You can't reach a lot of life, armor, evasion, dodge, etc. So going EB / devouring diadem will make you more squishy.

Yeah, that was my thoughts also.
Dropping MoM and mana can free up some passive points (about 11 from the guide + Divine Guidance for ascendency + 1 jewel in place of Clear Mind). It is maybe enough to go for the life wheel near Scion. Not sure if it is worth it.

I will probably try it as a new goal for the league.
Is the Onslaught boot craft working with totems?
Do the totems gain the buff? (my character doesnt)
"
maximewoody wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:

Yeah, that was my thoughts also.
Dropping MoM and mana can free up some passive points (about 11 from the guide + Divine Guidance for ascendency + 1 jewel in place of Clear Mind). It is maybe enough to go for the life wheel near Scion. Not sure if it is worth it.

I will probably try it as a new goal for the league.
I tried a version with indigon (last season when indigon was cheap af) / unreserved mana / enduring mana flask, but it got annoying to the point that when I was delving and had to constantly replace totems in front of me they would cost my whole mana pool. But maybe I just suck at indigon management.

This league it's really hard to survive on 4k hp and no other reliable defenses, I feel this mostly affects elementalists and deadeyes, but hiero without MOM / high mana regen will probably get close to that state.

Since you get 10% extra MOM power and 30% extra mana from ascendancy, it really pushes builds towards utilizing it, otherwise it feels like a waste to have it. Unless you make one of these memory vault's builds, then yeah, reserve all the mana away (well maybe not all).

P.S. Even if you manage to pick Scion life nodes, I feel any build stuck with 0 life chest as a mandatory build-enabler won't be able to reach good hp thresholds. Soul Mantle is unfortunately one of those. (So is Hyrri's Ire, Cloak of Defiance, Dendrobate and few other build-defining chests.)
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 6, 2020, 8:15:32 PM
Managed to beat Awakener at level 5 on 2nd attempt.
Are there any big difference between 5 and 8 other than him having more HP?
My 3 deaths were mostly me being inexperienced with the 3rd phase and eating triple beams.

I feel like i'll need slightly more eHP but I'm sticking with duo void batteries until i can find a good replacement wand/shield.
I have an Alien pet.
"
derSchurke wrote:
"
raloP wrote:

that's sad man.
If you are still playing when i stop, 1 or 2 weeks, ill pass my items to you. My char is TotallyNotTotens, i have some stuff

Thanks man. Really appreciate that. And btw - thats some awesome gear you have :)

I'm done. What time are you online sir?

I have a few expensive gifts left, message me ingame @TotallyNotTotens with your favorite game and why, and if i like you can choose one:

valid NOW untill out of items, only for freezing pulse totem nobles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info