[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

The build is not dead at all the Meta just got shifted to old school and probabaly will be more expensive.
You drop the Awakened Controlled Destruction and use Increased Critical Strikes to reach easily 80-100% crit chance without flasks.
You drop the cluster jewels.
Crit multi stacking will make you reach old glory dps and that means using triple crit multi jewels + 1 usefull stat and possibly also using 1-2 voices for even more stacking. So in the high end term and for those who take dps = defense everything will be fine.

Thats how i did it in Metamorph league and reached almost 50 million totem dps. So you just have to eat the gem nerf and more mana multiplier which in the end is a comfy 15% nerf and your still shatter everything.

What really sucks is that the road to the end will be much harder.
Last edited by MasterLoki666 on Jul 24, 2021, 2:46:45 AM
Guys whats the difference between Greater Multiple Projectiles and Greater Volley Support?

Most people on PoE Ninja use GMP and I wonder why, on tooltip GVS looks better (less damage penalty, fire also 4 projectiles, different quality bonus). What Im missing? Its becasue volley work differently than GMP and have worse clear speed?
"
Asag wrote:
Guys whats the difference between Greater Multiple Projectiles and Greater Volley Support?

Most people on PoE Ninja use GMP and I wonder why, on tooltip GVS looks better (less damage penalty, fire also 4 projectiles, different quality bonus). What Im missing? Its because volley work differently than GMP and have worse clear speed?

The difference is how the projectiles fire. IIRC GMP fires in a cone, while GVS fires side by side projectiles straight. You're prob asking for use with FR, I'm unsure how they would effect that as the spell lobs shots, so you'd have to test. GL exile o7
Not sure where else to post this, apologies.

Can I get an update about FR in combination with...

1: Zerphi's Heart + Hypothermia. Is the combination freezing in a meaningful way for FR totems? Just recently implemented it in my build, it seems smoother but I'm not *seeing* the freezes, so I'm just making sure I'm not wasting my time.

2: Rain of Splinters. Have yet to try this with the FR build. Any thoughts about using it?
I played this for league start and got to maps in about my regular amount of time - 17 hours or so. I don't speed run, I just go through campaign at whatever speed is chill for me at the time.

Freezing pulse was still great all through acts! I switched to Forbidden Rite right at the end of acts and even without any passive tree support (still spec'd into the elemental damage nodes) and without the gems leveled it was clearing white maps no problem. I'm still working atlas progression but Forbidden Rite has just kept ramping up more and more.

I think it's great for any guide author to take a break or try other builds but I think it was premature to be so negative about FP Totems and I think maybe the mood around the league mechanic and nerfs was casting a bigger shadow over the build than necessary. Thanks for all your hard work Wallach, it's still 3.15 viable!

I'll probably drop another note once I get some serious bossing in.
"
Valesis wrote:
Not sure where else to post this, apologies.

Can I get an update about FR in combination with...

1: Zerphi's Heart + Hypothermia. Is the combination freezing in a meaningful way for FR totems? Just recently implemented it in my build, it seems smoother but I'm not *seeing* the freezes, so I'm just making sure I'm not wasting my time.

2: Rain of Splinters. Have yet to try this with the FR build. Any thoughts about using it?

1. You're not seeing the freezes cause its insta gibbing them, also try to get anomolous hypothermia - it gives 40% chance to freeze instead of 20%
P.S - You have soul eater when using a vaal skill which increases movement and clear incredibly.. if you swap out your wands with vaal ones you regain quicker too.. it's incredible..

2. I use it, 2 extra proj is nice :|
"
onefuncman wrote:
I played this for league start and got to maps in about my regular amount of time - 17 hours or so. I don't speed run, I just go through campaign at whatever speed is chill for me at the time.

Freezing pulse was still great all through acts! I switched to Forbidden Rite right at the end of acts and even without any passive tree support (still spec'd into the elemental damage nodes) and without the gems leveled it was clearing white maps no problem. I'm still working atlas progression but Forbidden Rite has just kept ramping up more and more.

I think it's great for any guide author to take a break or try other builds but I think it was premature to be so negative about FP Totems and I think maybe the mood around the league mechanic and nerfs was casting a bigger shadow over the build than necessary. Thanks for all your hard work Wallach, it's still 3.15 viable!

I'll probably drop another note once I get some serious bossing in.

They weren't talking about FP through the acts, the leveling guide uses HFT anyway, they're talking about taking FP into end game (red maps) is going to feel very underwhelming with out a lot of investment into further crit nodes as per the guy who mentioned it earlier.

FR however is just absolutely ridiculous.. i was clearing yellows on a 1 link...

I've dropped a bunch of crit nodes and went a heap of AOE stuff instead to help clear speed
A Forbidden rite build deals more damage than freezig pulse. But what about the lack of defenses of a forbidden rite build?. It dont freeze. So every monster would attack you non stop.
Switched back to Freezing Pulse tonight. I'll do some more testing and probably have this guide updated for 3.15 later this week. Damage loss is pretty noticeable in progression as expected, but I enjoy the play style too much to stick with Forbidden Rite honestly. Map clear just isn't satisfying.
Hello,

Could you guys and gals please explain why Freezing Pulse is the chosen spell? Why not Arc, ice spear, ice bolt etc?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info