[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
losker wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:
New theory-crafted end game version of Forbidden Rite totem in 3.15 (it's looking insane): https://pastebin.com/rzKDC2TX

Decent survivability: 4k life, 2.8k mana, 1k es, almost capped chaos res. Freeze/Chill everything.

Hi, thank you for your efforts! build looks very attractive for this league, will much appreciate any other updates from you.

could you clarify, you're using Hypothermia Support only in connection with Zerphi's Heart?

Yes, if you don't have Zerphi's Heart, then you won't chill, unless you have Added Cold Damage somewhere and doesn't use Void Manipulation in your link. So, for the early game, you want to use something else than Hypothermia. For example: Slower Projectile, Faster Casting, PCoC or Empower. If your crit ain't capped yet (which will probably won't be), then you could also use Increased Critical Strike Support.
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 22, 2021, 4:48:56 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
"
losker wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:
New theory-crafted end game version of Forbidden Rite totem in 3.15 (it's looking insane): https://pastebin.com/rzKDC2TX

Decent survivability: 4k life, 2.8k mana, 1k es, almost capped chaos res. Freeze/Chill everything.

Hi, thank you for your efforts! build looks very attractive for this league, will much appreciate any other updates from you.

could you clarify, you're using Hypothermia Support only in connection with Zerphi's Heart?

Yes, if you don't have Zerphi's Heart, then you won't chill, unless you have Added Cold Damage somewhere and doesn't use Void Manipulation in your link. So, for the early game, you want to use something else than Hypothermia. For example: Slower Projectile, Faster Casting, PCoC or Empower. If your crit ain't capped yet (which will probably won't be), then you could also use Increased Critical Strike Support.

Cool build, thanks! Do you plan on switching to FR right away?
"
Miggaletoe wrote:

Cool build, thanks! Do you plan on switching to FR right away?

Depend on how good the skill actually is, but with a 4l soul mantle, 2x kika with self-flag then I might consider switching. HFT fall off pretty fast when you reach map and doesn't clear very well pack. Forbidden Ritual should clear faster and have more damage after the swap.

Rain of Splinters might make a big difference with clear speed, so I will rush it too. Same for Dying Sun, but that will have to wait a bit.

I would probably use FR + Increased Critical Strike + Void Manipulation + Increased Critical Damage.

With Wither + Multiple Totem + Spell Totem to scale it further (it's pretty much free 90% more damage).

Assassin's Mark will help a lot with the early damage on boss, to crit more often on them.

Diamond flask will be big to scale the crit too when we don't have much.

I might not use Concentrated Effect if the AoE matter. Maybe Slower Proj and swap with GMP if the spell need more projectiles.
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 22, 2021, 5:04:53 PM
@loloppe do you know if Zerphis can actually freeze, or is it just chill? It specifically says chill on the item but I have seen people talk about freeze with it other places.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
@loloppe do you know if Zerphis can actually freeze, or is it just chill? It specifically says chill on the item but I have seen people talk about freeze with it other places.

You cannot freeze from what I understand, but if you use Hypothermia, you get "Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled", hence why you can freeze.
"
jxfaith wrote:
"
TheBitcher wrote:
Gone are the days where you equip literally any shit gear you pick up from the ground on blood aqueducts and make it all the way to T14s, we're gonna have to live with that! XD

It might look that way if you force yourself to play this build exactly as written, but there are plenty of league start builds putting out 1 to 5 million DPS on day one gear. The fact that freeze pulse has to juice itself up to viridi's and coward's legacy LL to break a million should be all you need to know about whether it's a good idea to follow it on league start.

I know I said earlier in the thread that I doubted you would need that much gear to do reds but it's real.

Indeed and I agree. Besides, that goes for almost all older builds now. But ultimately it comes down to personal preference. For me personally I don't mind farming up currency to upgrade the build, but other than that I'm playing the build so that I can respec to Forbidden Rite totems which according to loloppe's theory crafted PoB is looking pretty good and quite expensive. I might not even make the full transition into FP totems and might just respec when I have everything ready. The two builds require almost the same set's of items and also ascendancy nodes so it's an ez route for me. :)

But for anyone else still sticking to the idea of league starting as FP totems, you should know that freeze is a very powerful mechanic and it will atleast get you to yellows and higher yellow tier maps comfortably and perhaps even to T13-14s. By the time you reach Awakener 4 or 5 damage against Conqueror's may feel a bit lacking so swapping out the Freeze Pulse for Ice Spear for those bosses is not a bad idea. But all in all FP totems is an amazing build for clear and that is where it shines the most. You can still leaguestart as FP totems if you like the playstyle that FP totems afford you, such as freely dodging bosses attacks while dealing damage, if they aren't already frozen and also shattering entire packs of mobs before they have a chance to react!
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Quintessence wrote:
Well that is unfortunate, I guess all good things come to an end.

I mean, I wouldn't take it to mean the build is dead or anything, but I have pretty particular goals for my own builds. I'm just not as confident this build is going to feel right by me in 3.15, so I don't want to update it and not league start it, only to find out a bunch of people are unhappy league starting it themselves. To me updating a build guide is a clear advertisement that you are confident in other players investing their time in it; I'll need to see for myself if that still feels true for FP totems going forward. It may not really be that big of a deal in the end.

If you're still looking to league start this build yourself, the upside is that there's not going to actually be a ton to change at first glance. Obviously Controlled Destruction has to go, so that should leave for Increased Critical Damage or Increased Critical Strikes depending on what you do to your flasks. Flask changes I can't totally read at the moment without knowing what all of the flask buff orbs are capable of on the unique flasks. Otherwise there's no real item changes or anything to mess with, so the build is still mostly a known quality. If you run into single target boss damage issues (which I expect you will now around the first Sirus kill point of progression), look to do some Ice Spear swapping for the bigger bosses which seemed to work for Grimro just fine last league.

As for FRite totems, I'll probably have a preliminary PoB up in my stream on Friday, but I think you can kind of look at most any Dark Pact totem build and get an idea of how you'd set it up.

That's really sad to see. Used this build after I took a 2 year hiatus from POE and it was pretty good and I was able to do sirus 8 this last league.

If you don't mind me asking, what will you be league starting with? And do you have a link to that build? I'm pretty lost what to league start for 3.15.
Join Wally's discord: https://discord.gg/sENpbMqW

Long discussions on potential Forbidden Rite totem starts being had.

And don't forget to follow http://www.twitch.tv/wallachtv
to stay up to date on where the totem lord is headed.
Last edited by GamesB4Gains on Jul 22, 2021, 8:21:13 PM
"
unne wrote:
VonViktons fp/icespear got 15m => 5m dps drop on "budget".
66% less damage, nice balance

Absurd damage loss, wow.
For the first time in very many years I think 'm done with this game...I'll probably mess around with standard for about a week, but otherwise, moving on.

I think the extreme POE nerfs cater more towards the players who play tons of hours every day, but for casuals like me and some of my friends, we realize that we no longer stand a chance of making it to the more more enjoyable end game without a super substantial amount of playtime, which is going to be required for the big currency needed for gear investments to overcome the hyper nerfs.....

I'm writing this for myself and 6 of my other friends who all loved the freezing pulse build, but we are all filthy casuals....So moving on to other games, maybe a non-league mmo such as final fantasy or something I don't know. As long as it's a game we can take our time on and still make it to end-game, I'm sure we will all try it....

Best of luck everyone! I will check back next league to see what the feedback of these changes causes in terms of player retention, and see what the general consensus/feedback was from other casual players.

Thanks for the guide Wallach! It was a really fun build last league...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info