[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Nixed wrote:
I also notice the lack of Pandemonius BLIND on mobs that I am used to from endgame FPulse. I was thinking maybe I could go a medium curse cluster with Evil Eye and Wish for Death to get that blind effect back. It makes a huge difference in survivability in higher tier maps. So I would go 1x Totem cluster and 1x Curse cluster mediums...

Maybe you could use Flesh and Stone if you are fine without Clear Mind, you would loose a big chunk of mana pool, but until now mana seems not to be a problem in this build if you use a flask for that eventual big hits from mobs. At least it's an option to see how much safer it is on FRite before investing on the cluster.
I fall in love with Forbidden Rite. Im going to stick with it and make it work somehow. Even if this will take for me alot of time and currency (Im playing on 4l Soul Mantle atm because I dont have much time to play in this league).

I dont have yet Clear Mind so Im using Flesh and Stone, that was a good advice but later will have to remove it.

Even on 4l FR damage just feels great. Also I like the effect.

Edit:
Could someone tell me what ideal notabl;es should have large cluster jewel for Forbidden Rite? Im saving currency for one and not sure what to look for.

Last edited by Asag on Jul 29, 2021, 1:29:48 PM
For levelphase it seems to work in 3.15, so far it do well.
Last edited by Solthenes on Jul 29, 2021, 4:39:54 PM
I see a lot of comparisson between FR and FP here and while FP totems seem to do great in lower maps survivability could definitely become an issue in reds.
Did anyone try to build this as eye of winter totems tho? Should be ok damage with hydrosphere and chain. Thoughts?
"
Wallach wrote:
Switched back to Freezing Pulse tonight. I'll do some more testing and probably have this guide updated for 3.15 later this week. Damage loss is pretty noticeable in progression as expected, but I enjoy the play style too much to stick with Forbidden Rite honestly. Map clear just isn't satisfying.

I'am playing my old char in Standard and i can't even complete regular Maven's invitations, but i enjoy the FP build so much, that i keep playing it the same, even if it is broken.

Dont let this build die bro.

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Mindelo on Jul 31, 2021, 6:23:00 PM
Since this build appears to be officially Dead now, especially since there's only a couple of pages written since league launch, I wonder what build people are going to???? I do want to thank Wallach for all his hard work over the last few leagues on this guide, but I guess all good things come to an end.........So time to move on...It was fun while it lasted though! All the best in your future endeavors....

I'm going to cruise the Witch Build list and see what I can find just for funzies...If I dabble at all this league it will only be in standard where I have unlimited currency
"
Wallach wrote:
Switched back to Freezing Pulse tonight. I'll do some more testing and probably have this guide updated for 3.15 later this week. Damage loss is pretty noticeable in progression as expected, but I enjoy the play style too much to stick with Forbidden Rite honestly. Map clear just isn't satisfying.

why is damage of Freezing Pulse that fucked, just because of Controlled Destruction? what else did they do?
I am also quite disappointed that the guide isnt updated anymore. Dont get me wrong, I cannot thank you enough for all the work you have put into this guide. FP totem brought me the most fun on PoE among every build I tried.
Your guide was so well explained. Every detailed step was pure gem. Forbidden Rite doesnt bring me the fun I used to have with FP.
Ill keep throwing an eye here in case a miracle happens and FP comes back to life ;)
Thanks again Wallach !
I've been playing FP totems since Heist league and I'm really disappointed to see what they did to my boy.

For example, I could delete A9 Sirus last phase in seconds and have no doubts when I ran >100% IIQ The Feared challenge in Ultimatum league. But now, testing same character on Standard I can say that the build got absolutely obliterated. After I dumped so much currency and time to get that unfair nerfs? There's was literally no reason for that because the build wasn't even close to be called a meta build.

Thanks a lot for your work Wallach, and I look forward to guide updates in the next leagues.
Anyone got a leveling build for this for people with leveling gear? I want to get to maps ASAP and have most ready for it (soul mantle etc for mapping and standard leveling gear like tabula, double kikarazus).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info