[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Is it worth it to use Herald of Ice with FP totems? I've seen some players on Poe.ninja using it.
ive noticed people (even wallach) drop sanctum of thoughts and the curse effect wheel near avatar of fire, if both arent being taken, then how are you mitigating the self curse?
"
Nerf_FIsk wrote:
ive noticed people (even wallach) drop sanctum of thoughts and the curse effect wheel near avatar of fire, if both arent being taken, then how are you mitigating the self curse?

The new yugul pantheon gives extra 20% immunity.
"
yissus wrote:
A Forbidden rite build deals more damage than freezig pulse. But what about the lack of defenses of a forbidden rite build?. It dont freeze. So every monster would attack you non stop.

Have the same problem, gameplay before zerphi's+hypothermia on 14+ looks like just waiting while totems clearing the mobs, then a few steps and waiting again..
Wallach, very waiting for your updates for FP :)
"
veenarm wrote:
"
onefuncman wrote:
I played this for league start and got to maps in about my regular amount of time - 17 hours or so. I don't speed run, I just go through campaign at whatever speed is chill for me at the time.

Freezing pulse was still great all through acts! I switched to Forbidden Rite right at the end of acts and even without any passive tree support (still spec'd into the elemental damage nodes) and without the gems leveled it was clearing white maps no problem. I'm still working atlas progression but Forbidden Rite has just kept ramping up more and more.

I think it's great for any guide author to take a break or try other builds but I think it was premature to be so negative about FP Totems and I think maybe the mood around the league mechanic and nerfs was casting a bigger shadow over the build than necessary. Thanks for all your hard work Wallach, it's still 3.15 viable!

I'll probably drop another note once I get some serious bossing in.

They weren't talking about FP through the acts, the leveling guide uses HFT anyway, they're talking about taking FP into end game (red maps) is going to feel very underwhelming with out a lot of investment into further crit nodes as per the guy who mentioned it earlier.

FR however is just absolutely ridiculous.. i was clearing yellows on a 1 link...

I've dropped a bunch of crit nodes and went a heap of AOE stuff instead to help clear speed

veenarm you should make your own build guide for FR totems, your build looks great and im sure wallach wouldnt mind you stealing bits of his guide :P

I'm with you, the damage of FR is too crazy to ignore, i find the clear almost as good as FP with damage and aoe, and the single target is insane without any swapping.
I am really frustrated with the changes and I tried to continue playing in the same way as other leagues but I got to the 14-16 map and I'm very stagnant, I can't get the necessary damage. I don't know what to do if I change the build or get the 6l and the viridy to be able to push my atlas.

"

veenarm you should make your own build guide for FR totems, your build looks great and im sure wallach wouldnt mind you stealing bits of his guide :P

I'm with you, the damage of FR is too crazy to ignore, i find the clear almost as good as FP with damage and aoe, and the single target is insane without any swapping.

I've just made updates and i am now 101% ailment immune.. helps a lot :)
"
dgoslul wrote:
I am really frustrated with the changes and I tried to continue playing in the same way as other leagues but I got to the 14-16 map and I'm very stagnant, I can't get the necessary damage. I don't know what to do if I change the build or get the 6l and the viridy to be able to push my atlas.

I share the same sentiment this is where FP always hit a wall even before patch 3.15 (around T13-16s) without significant investment into gear. The problem with FP tots is the gear requirement to scale damage. Unfortunately you are not slotting in that Zealotry aura without an essence worm equipped and you cannot replace the kikazaru without a way to mitigate curses and you are certainly not equipping the coward's legacy or the ring setup without the Viridi's. So here is my cheap solution for scaling the damage a bit without the Viridi's, get both 'Sanctum of Thought' and 'Asylum' passive tree nodes and run 'Soul of Yugul' pantheon to get the full mitigation and then run the Zealotry with the essence worm. But it's always better to use the Viridi's ultimately.

Hope this will help you cruise through T16s a bit easier. If it does not help it's always an ez option to just respec into Forbidden Rite given it's high single target and decent clear. It should be easily doable since you just need to shift some passive points around in the tree without needing any cluster.
"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,

Could you guys and gals please explain why Freezing Pulse is the chosen spell? Why not Arc, ice spear, ice bolt etc?

Thank you.

The simple answer is clear speed! Freeze Pulse has amazing clear speed. But besides that FP has something called chill and freeze effect that allows you to chill/freeze and effectively lock down mobs and bosses in place which adds to your defense indirectly (meaning monsters won't be able to get the jump on you so long as they can be frozen and shattered). Also Arc totems is just another build entirely and doesn't provide you with the ability to freeze enemies.

We also use Ice Spear gem swap for bosses for more single target dps if you didn't know!

Hope I've answered your questions :)
I am just breaking into yellow maps now (had a slow league start, real life stuff) and I have been switching back and forth between FRite and FPulse. I have played FPulse totems every league for like 3 years now.

The Freezing Pulse version seems *SO* much safer because of the clear speed and the instant payload delivery and the freezing that it feels like I should stick with it.

But FRite has so, so, so much more damage that it's really impossible to ignore. But also, I have noticed that in some mapping content like Rituals or legions, if FRite doesn't INSTANTLY kill monsters, you will get overwhelmed and likely die since there are no other defensive layers and no crowd control effects. CWDT + Void Sphere helps with this, but not by too much. I also picked up a little bit of Proj speed on my wand for both FRite and FPulse and it helps again as usual.

I also notice the lack of Pandemonius BLIND on mobs that I am used to from endgame FPulse. I was thinking maybe I could go a medium curse cluster with Evil Eye and Wish for Death to get that blind effect back. It makes a huge difference in survivability in higher tier maps. So I would go 1x Totem cluster and 1x Curse cluster mediums...

I honestly cannot decide what to keep pushing here. FRite is so much stronger single target but it feels so much more dangerous to play. I just kind of want my old FPulse build back from last league. I don't know what to farm for. Does anyone have any ideas about maybe making FRite more survivable, or making FPulse feel as good as last league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info