[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I do not see any Totem Spell Support in the gem build. Is this correct?? How will Freezing Pulse be cast from totems otherwise??
"
AndeeLuv wrote:
I do not see any Totem Spell Support in the gem build. Is this correct?? How will Freezing Pulse be cast from totems otherwise??

Soul Mantle will give you lv20 Spell Totem Support.
"
feralferret wrote:

I'm finding my survivability and DPS is on the low side in boss fights

Getting a 6 link soul mantle will boost your DPS by a non-negligible amount. This won't help much with survivability. However, you won't have to survive as long if everything is dying. The 6-links are about 2.5-3ex right now. Which I spent 4ex on mine before starting the build, and I have to say I don't regret it at all.
"
feralferret wrote:

Great build! I've been enjoying it so far. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some gear upgrades? I'm finding my survivability and DPS is on the low side in boss fights, general mapping has been great. Right now I only have about 4ex to work with.

some suggestion:
- 6l mantle can boost 20% of your dps easily
- 20% or 30% fp proj speed is good for mapping
- enchantment on boots
- get a better wand?
overal a lot to minmaxing but i think 4ex is good to go a long way for u
Hey Folks

Question about the passive tree.

I filled out the left side first and then making my way over to the right side.

I am currently around 11k + per totem but it is because of the crit nodes I took, from the left side.

If I replace these nodes and follow Wallach's leveling guide I drop down to 6k or so.

Do I keep it the way it is or respec and follow the guide more.

Really enjoying the build so far.

Cheers!

Edit: for my damage numbers, seems I need glasses to read these. yiiesh
Last edited by ArcadeCanuck on Jan 5, 2020, 11:56:16 AM
Big guide update this morning trying to cover as much as I know about the 3.9 item changes, and recommendations for each slot (as well as some miscellaneous updates and improvements). Let me know if you see anything out of order, or anything is unclear / missing.

"
Hey Folks

Question about the passive tree.

I filled out the left side first and then making my way over to the right side.

I am currently around 11k + per totem but it is because of the crit nodes I took, from the left side.

If I replace these nodes and follow Wallach's leveling guide I drop down to 6k or so.

Do I keep it the way it is or respec and follow the guide more.

Really enjoying the build so far.

Cheers!

Edit: for my damage numbers, seems I need glasses to read these. yiiesh

It's definitely possible to spec into more damage earlier on, I just try to find a good balance of things in leveling, and it can take a while for critical strike bonuses to pay off in skill point opportunity cost. It's not a huge deal either way what order you progress in so long as you're leveling well and not dying.
This maybe a stupid question question but did you ever try swapping out freezing pulse gem for ice spear gem for bosses/single target?
Looking for suggestions on what to improve next. Thanks in advance!

"
Berserker1322 wrote:
This maybe a stupid question question but did you ever try swapping out freezing pulse gem for ice spear gem for bosses/single target?

In theory you could set this up, but what you're mainly lacking in the setup is additional projectiles. We get our Freezing Pulse projectiles from the First Snow jewels, which won't apply to Ice Spear. Without any additional projectiles there isn't much point in swapping for bosses, so you'd have to do some other tweaks to make it worthwhile (but you probably wouldn't need a ton to get some value out of it if you really wanted to).

"
ebranton wrote:
Looking for suggestions on what to improve next. Thanks in advance!

In your position, I think I'd consider trying to upgrade your boots next. A solid investment into a pair of Xopec's temple boots that would be worth running Uber Lab for the 10% damage penetration enchantment would be a nice upgrade overall. After that maybe invest into a wand upgrade or an Awakened Controlled Destruction to get the 10% cast speed quality bonus before you start considering saving up for an Atziri's Reflection type setup.
"
Wallach wrote:

It's definitely possible to spec into more damage earlier on, I just try to find a good balance of things in leveling, and it can take a while for critical strike bonuses to pay off in skill point opportunity cost. It's not a huge deal either way what order you progress in so long as you're leveling well and not dying.

Thank you Wallach.

I will keep it the way it is. I am having no issues currently.

I just got to Act 10 and at lvl 71. Will be going for my 3rd ascendancy soon.
Going to add in the life nodes next in the shadow area and will add those last few crit nodes as needed.

Going to work on my Mantle to get it 5 linked next. But fuseings do not seem to be dropping so much this league. At least for me anyways.

Thanks for the reply and a fun build.

And as a side note Ice Spear for bosses, yeah or nah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info