[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
STT1984 wrote:
"
SirNorek wrote:
"
queebl wrote:
i feel like with the warding flask changes this build is going to be real nice, but i also feel like veridis is going to be expensive as a good ignore curse option that everyone might want now!

You never want to use a warding flask with this build, as you are using other methods to reduce the effect of curses to zero (until you get a Viridi's Veil later), and warding will straight up REMOVE curses, which we don't want as it removes the bonus we are getting from the Self Flagellation jewel!

Think you misread him there mate, in 3.15 the warding flask will only remove 1 curse per use and not grant immunity anymore, hence why they believe veridis will be more expensive.

Another note is what we will swap controlled destruction to as chris mentioned that gem specifically being nerfed by reducing crit multi, I am thinking inspiration maybe?

Yeah I took what he said wrong, I was confused as to how the flask changes would do anything to this build seeing as we would not want to run one, but now that I think on it again he means this will be nice to play since we can ignore curses still. Guess my reading comprehension dips down at 2am :p RIP
So, are we all gonna try making Frozen orb totems? I sure as hell will give it a go
"
Souse03 wrote:
So, are we all gonna try making Frozen orb totems? I sure as hell will give it a go

Hell yeah! I've always lamented but I "could not" play FP totem just because I dont like its animations, so I was extra excited to try frozen orb totems. GrimRo thinks the (based on info so far) skill numbers look crap though, hopefully the gem is better once full info is out.

A big concern I have is I think they are going to nerf the curse immunity stuff, maybe to something like Veil and shield giving -100% curse effect. This means we can't use Coward Legacy belt easily, nor ignore curse map modes, without a lot more investment.
Well, that is a lot of nerfs.

That said, relative to the other builds in this game, I don't think this particular build is going anywhere. Maybe we'll be more inclined to single target gem swap early-ish, but maybe not.

Now to wait for patch notes tomorrow to see more precisely how much damage we are losing.
Man, I love this build. Hoping the nerf isn't too bad
We lost the lucky modifier on Diamond Flask, but gained 100% increased critical strikes chance.

We also lost Consecrated Ground 100% increased critical strikes chance.

Also, Controlled Destruction is now "Less" critical strikes chance, we will have to see the numbers, but if it's above 30%, we will have to replace it with something else.

For critical strikes to feels good, we need at least 75% critical (50% with old diamond flask). With Freezing Pulse (6% flat base), Light of Divinity (20%), Arcane Potency (50%), Shaman's Dominion (115%), Annihilation (115%), Doom Cast (80%), Assassination (85%), Power Charges (160%), Zealotry level 23 (42%), 2x weapon (200%), Cinderswallow Urn (80%), Diamond Flask (100%).

We reach 68.82% with all that.

If we add a Zealotry Watcher's Eyes (120% critical strikes chance), we can reach 76.02%. (Note that this is without Controlled Destruction).

All of this is pretty cheap (Minus the Cinderswallow) and will still feels good to use without having to change any gems (other than CD maybe).

We might want to swap Sniper's Mark for Assassin's Mark. This will have to be calculated for boss DPS (with and without CD).

We could also add Bottled Faith, it probably got nerfed hard, but probably still a Best in Slot flask to have, even if the base critical strike chance get dropped to 1%.

We can also boost the diamond flask to double? the critical strike chance, at the cost of being unable to gain charges. Not sure if worth.

Or we can just use Increased Critical Strikes Support to reach 100% critical strike chance easily, at the cost of 20-30% of our DPS. (That's without considering all the other nerfs)

From my understanding of the Manifesto, we didn't lose much % multiplier on support gems. Hypothermia should be between 30-35%, CD % unchanged?, Cold Penetration might of also been nerfed to 30-35%. I don't think Spell Totem and Multiple Totems got modified.

Also, Awakened quality got removed, so we lost 10% on Added Cold, 10% cast speed on CD (but got back 10% increased damage) and 10% on Cold Pen.

I did some math on my Path of Building (no diamond flask, use Assassin's Mark):
My build in 3.14: 15.375.969 Sirus DPS (100% critical strike chance)
My build in 3.15 (maybe): 9.941.665 Sirus DPS (81% critical strike chance)

We also lose 23% cast speed from Arcane Surge. That's 8% of my DPS.

But I might just roll "of Quickening" on my Quicksilver Flask for 12% cast speed, since they gutted "of Adrenaline", so I'm at least making most of that back.

That's like a 40% DPS lost.

The new Critical Strikes Damage Support might be a good replacement for Controlled Destruction. It show 138% at level 20 on the Manifesto. If it still give 0.75% per quality, it would be 154% at 21/20. Otherwise, it might give critical strike chance per quality now which would also be decent.

Dropping Multiple Totem Support for Empower Support and hitting that sweet double corruption +2/+1 would bring back the "per-hit" to par. (Not worth the lost of QoL/clear speed in my opinion).

Anyway, even with the nerf, I'll still be phasing Sirus 9 in a few seconds so :)
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 19, 2021, 10:27:00 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
We lost the lucky modifier on Diamond Flask, but gained 100% increased critical strikes chance.

We also lost Consecrated Ground 100% increased critical strikes chance.

Also, Controlled Destruction is now "Less" critical strikes chance, we will have to see the numbers, but if it's above 30%, we will have to replace it with something else.

For critical strikes to feels good, we need at least 75% crit (50% with old diamond flask). With Freezing Pulse (6% flat base), Light of Divinity (20%), Arcane Potency (50%), Shaman's Dominion (115%), Annihilation (115%), Doom Cast (80%), Assassination (65%), Power Charges (160%), Zealotry lvl 23 (42%), 2x weapon (200%), Cinderswallow Urn (80%), Diamond Flask (100%).

We reach 68.82% with all that.

If we add a Zealotry Watcher's Eyes (120% critical strikes chance), we can reach 76.02%.

All of this is pretty cheap (Minus the Cinderswallow) and will still feels good to use without having to change any gems (other than CD maybe).

We might want to swap Sniper's Mark for Assassin's Mark. This will have to be calculated for boss DPS (with and without CD).

We could also add Bottled Faith, it probably got nerfed hard, but probably still a BiS flask to have, even if the base critical strike chance get dropped to 1%.

We can also boost the diamond flask to double? the critical strike chance, at the cost of being unable to gain charges. Not sure if worth tho.

Or we can just use Increased Critical Strikes Support to reach 100% critical strike chance easily, at the cost of 20-30% of our DPS.

From my understanding of the Manifesto, we didn't lose much % multiplier on support gems. Hypothermia should be between 30-35%, CD % unchanged?, Cold Penetration might of also been nerfed to 30-35%. I don't think Spell Totem and Multiple Totems got modified.

Also, Awakened quality got removed, so we lost 10% on Added Cold, 10% cast speed on CD (but got back 10% inc damage) and 10% on Cold Pen.

I did some math on my PoB (no diamond flask, use Assassin's Mark):
My build in 3.14: 15.375.969 Sirus DPS (100% critical strike chance)
My build in 3.15 (maybe): 9.941.665 Sirus DPS (81% critical strike chance)

That's like 35.3% DPS lost.

We're also going to lose a lot of cast speed. Arcane Surge had cast speed stripped entirely (for me would be 16% cast speed loss), and even if we kept Awakened Controlled Destruction (which I'm 99% sure we will not) that also lost 10% cast speed in the quality.

My gut says we'll probably drop Diamond Flask entirely and run Increased Critical Strikes.

I'm also interested to see these new curse mitigation nodes and if any of them are in reasonable places. It would soften the loss a little if you could do a single Kikazaru setup even in the early progression.
"
Wallach wrote:

We're also going to lose a lot of cast speed. Arcane Surge had cast speed stripped entirely (for me would be 16% cast speed loss), and even if we kept Awakened Controlled Destruction (which I'm 99% sure we will not) that also lost 10% cast speed in the quality.

My gut says we'll probably drop Diamond Flask entirely and run Increased Critical Strikes.

I'm also interested to see these new curse mitigation nodes and if any of them are in reasonable places. It would soften the loss a little if you could do a single Kikazaru setup even in the early progression.

I've updated my post a bit, including the nerf to Arcane Surge.

Also, from the Manifesto: "the upgraded Soul of Yugul now grants 20% reduced Effect or Curses on You".

This is pretty much free, so we might be able to remove Sanctum of Thought sooner.
"
loloppe wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

I've updated my post a bit, including the nerf to Arcane Surge.

Also, from the Manifesto: "the upgraded Soul of Yugul now grants 20% reduced Effect or Curses on You".

This is pretty much free, so we might be able to remove Sanctum of Thought sooner.

Yeah, I mean at a minimum you should be able to skip Sanctum of Thought entirely until you have access to Hexproof. It should help offset the nerfs for the more vulnerable portion of progression, as I think everything on the other side of Viridi's / Atziri's is still going to be (mostly) fine in practice. That said they also talk about buffing existing nodes and adding more, so it's possible we use them in conjunction to drop a Kikazaru or something. One of the more important things I want to glean from notes tomorrow (including whether or not anything like Soul Mantle / Kikazaru / Viridi's themselves got changed).
I'll probably try same build ,maybe switch from fp to Ice Spear or new eye of winter gem from time to time. Cast speed nerf is a big deal :| but other than that we have not seen major nerfs coming towards totems/self-afflicted curses yet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info