[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Is there a TL:DR or Pastebin somewhere with the Gemlinks used in the leveling process? The pastebin appears to include all the leveling tree's but no mention of leveling gem links.
"
Fatheals wrote:
Is there a TL:DR or Pastebin somewhere with the Gemlinks used in the leveling process? The pastebin appears to include all the leveling tree's but no mention of leveling gem links.

They're not currently in the pastebin (though I might see if I can fix that for 3.15), but I do go over those gem links by act in the leveling section of the guide.
It has probably been posted, but do you have any input on using Ice Spear for single target?

Seems like FP would be better for clear, but after playing Ice Spear COC Scion, Ice Spear can do some serious damage. Just wanted to ask if anyone else, or Wallach, has played with it.
"
It has probably been posted, but do you have any input on using Ice Spear for single target?

Seems like FP would be better for clear, but after playing Ice Spear COC Scion, Ice Spear can do some serious damage. Just wanted to ask if anyone else, or Wallach, has played with it.

I don't personally but I've seen a fair amount of people do Ice Spear swap for early bossing. It's not a bad idea for the bosses that don't run around really, which is most of the usual suspects (like Shaper, Atziri, Sirus). Those bosses tend to sit still or teleport to move, which Ice Spear doesn't have an issue tracking. It's not a good idea in my opinion for things like endgame Maven invitations like The Hidden.
Just want to say thanks for an awesome build! It pulled through on a super smooth leveling, and then an excellent endgame experience, as well as a comfortable scaling in between.

In the end I managed to min max it pretty well, although there could still be room for more, but by that time, and at level 98 with all content done, I wanted to try other characters as well :) I did go for breathstealers, mostly just because I could and found it fun in ultimatums, but I suspect some of my unfinished crafting projects might have been better for pure dps had I bothered to finish them up right.

Spoiler

Unfinished crafting:

Spoiler

I also picked up a reflection just to test, but never got around to it XD

Spoiler

I did see some interesting archmage versions of it, might be fun to play around that in the future!
I'm planning on trying a tweaked version of this build with the new gem Voltaxic Burst for 3.15(and obviously going for lightning instead of cold).
Do you think that might work?
i feel like with the warding flask changes this build is going to be real nice, but i also feel like veridis is going to be expensive as a good ignore curse option that everyone might want now!
"
queebl wrote:
i feel like with the warding flask changes this build is going to be real nice, but i also feel like veridis is going to be expensive as a good ignore curse option that everyone might want now!

You never want to use a warding flask with this build, as you are using other methods to reduce the effect of curses to zero (until you get a Viridi's Veil later), and warding will straight up REMOVE curses, which we don't want as it removes the bonus we are getting from the Self Flagellation jewel!
"
SirNorek wrote:
"
queebl wrote:

You never want to use a warding flask with this build, as you are using other methods to reduce the effect of curses to zero (until you get a Viridi's Veil later), and warding will straight up REMOVE curses, which we don't want as it removes the bonus we are getting from the Self Flagellation jewel!

Think you misread him there mate, in 3.15 the warding flask will only remove 1 curse per use and not grant immunity anymore, hence why they believe veridis will be more expensive.

Another note is what we will swap controlled destruction to as chris mentioned that gem specifically being nerfed by reducing crit multi, I am thinking inspiration maybe?
I've done some league start training in SSF HC. I usually go Freezing Pulse totem straight away but I wanted to try out Wave of Conviction self cast + Holy flame totem on 4l (similar to Wallach leveling section in the guide). That setup is so busted for early leveling wtf, I've done act 10 kitava + 3 lab + all skill point quests under 4 hours on first try. I don't think the nerf is gonna matter for this setup, at least until crit swap for mid tier map and above.

Kikazaru + Soul Mantle setup will still be fine until Viridi's or Atziri's, well if it's possible to get one in the first week without spending 20ex+.

Pretty hyped for this league, even if we might end up losing 20% of our overall DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info