[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Sorry if this was already mentioned. I admit I didn't read all 460 pages of posts! :D But it hasn't been edited in yet, so...

The one thing kind of important that I found missing: I think the Act 5 leveling notes should be edited to mention that you should take the First Snow jewel reward after the Death to Purity quest as you will need it later (and another) when you switch to freezing pulse.

Thanks again to Wallach for this amazing guide. Obviously a lot of work went into organizing all this for our benefit!
OK finally I have endgame large clusters + corrupted soul mantle (+2 lvl projectile gems) ... 290k dmg in HO.

Now I need play play play to lvl up my awa gems .. :) Dmg is pretty cool, but i cant kill Sirus deathless so I am avoiding him.
"
DimlyLit wrote:
Sorry if this was already mentioned. I admit I didn't read all 460 pages of posts! :D But it hasn't been edited in yet, so...

The one thing kind of important that I found missing: I think the Act 5 leveling notes should be edited to mention that you should take the First Snow jewel reward after the Death to Purity quest as you will need it later (and another) when you switch to freezing pulse.

Thanks again to Wallach for this amazing guide. Obviously a lot of work went into organizing all this for our benefit!

Good point - added a note for this in the leveling tips section.

Hopefully everyone still playing is enjoying the league! I felt a bit burnt out after playing so much during Ritual so I was done not long after I hit level 100 this time.

I think the main update for next league will be to try and flesh out the crafting tips section of the guide, provided nothing else major changes about the build.
Hello guys and ty for the awesome guide,could someone guide me through what should my next upgrades be and if i should replace some items.Thanks a lot
"
Wallach wrote:
"
DimlyLit wrote:

Good point - added a note for this in the leveling tips section.

Hopefully everyone still playing is enjoying the league! I felt a bit burnt out after playing so much during Ritual so I was done not long after I hit level 100 this time.

I think the main update for next league will be to try and flesh out the crafting tips section of the guide, provided nothing else major changes about the build.

Will you be recommending the breathstealers in the guide, or do you prefer rare gloves?
Hey guys just hit 95; just wondering if someone can take a look at my character and gear and suggest upgrades, not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!
Hey, i would like to give an update here :-).
I league started with this build the first time (never played totems before).
I never set a league goal for me.
This time, i've wanted to kill all endgame bosses by myself.

I had a pretty good start, and with the help of Wallach and NoImagination, i could improve step by step.
I've killed Sirus A9 with about 150k HO dps (Hatred on, nothing else, as usual) the first time deathless, and the first time solo too!
Later on, i've upgraded to 200k HO dps, and finally killed several times Maven A9, Sirus A9, Elder/shaper, UberElder, UberAtziri, Pale Council, Heart of the Groove, all Maven Invitations, and fullfilled my goal. This was great!
Also, i got 36/40 challenges the first time too.

I could also get some currency, and as i had never more than 30-40 EX in total, i could get a juicy 165 EX this league! No big drops, the most expensive item was a 26 EX ring which i chaos-rolled.
Therefore i could buy a Headhunter now for the first time too! First-time-league for me, after 4-5 years. lol

Nevermind, for you who are interested in a Headhunter for this build;
I have about 300K hideout DPS with only Hatred on without HH, and about 250k with HH.
In trials without Headhunter, fully cursed and flasks up, i get to approx. 650-700k tooltip DPS.
With headhunter and 25-30 HH-stacks (which is normal in trials), i get to 8-9 million tooltip (!) dps. WTF
This is ridicolous.

Now i think i have done everything with that build, and will level a 5-way-carry with that headhunter :-).

PS: i could improve this build even more. I dont have a corrupted soul mantel. This would be +3 to level. Then better wands, better boots, better gloves. So much improvments possible.

Thanks again, Wallach for that great buidld, and NoImagination for the great help!

See ya Exiles!
Last edited by kkmonk on Jun 2, 2021, 3:48:42 PM
does work unnerver effect (blade blast+arcanist brand) considering ancestral Bond?
👀
Last edited by denhol on Jun 2, 2021, 5:06:11 PM
I've minmaxed this build pretty hard, reaching about 30m (without vaal RF, vaal Haste, or frenzy charges)dps with just freezing pulse. The clear has always been really good and safe but I wanted to 1 shot conquerors. I was able to 3 shot A9 conquerors with freezing pulse:

https://imgur.com/a/wodfRnC

But I still wanted the 1 shot, so for funsies I swapped freezing pulse to ice spear and switched one of the first snows for rain of splinters and I was able to 1 shot conquerors and nearly 1 shot the last phase of a9 sirus.

https://imgur.com/a/BPNXtN8

My hideout dps is extremely misleading because it doesn't take into account arcane surge, the arcane surge nodes I've taken, the nearby enemies have -12 to cold resistance, nearby enemies take 9% increased elemental damage nodes, etc.

In fact, I think hideout dps is nearly useless information, favoring certain nodes that appear to be higher dps but are in reality worse. I'm taking arcane capacitor and using a level 20 arcane surge, together giving me about 10% of my dps which is totally unaccounted for by hideout dps.
(For those curious I can spend 1000 mana with frostbite very quickly as it has a .2 second cast and costs 135 mana. 135x3 is also 405, which is over 400 for level 20 arcane surge.)

If you really wanted to minmax ice spear, you could get +1 projectiles helm enchant which is an enormous dps increase. You could also get a very large amount of cold resistance for a wise oak. I currently cannot use wise oak because the dying sun takes my fire res too high. My current ice spear dps without those things is over 80 m dps. With those two changes it reaches over 100m.

When I first started playing this build I thought I'd cap out on dps very quickly because of the many uniques involved in the build. I was planning on making another character just for bossing. But with small swaps for ice spear you can do bosses very easily quickly. I wish I had tried this out sooner, as by the time I did it the bosses already died very quickly to freezing pulse.
Last edited by Tudyks on Jun 3, 2021, 6:40:55 AM
very cool, first time trying totems, i thought that after playing flicker strike and getting 30m shaper dps in my first league i could never not play flicker, but this feels very smooth and clean to play.

its only been a few hours but i had a 89 templar laying around so i thought why not

https://pastebin.com/XuV7sWbh

my gems arent even levelled haha just did uber lab now im going to sleep, tomo i will take a proper look at the tree and see if i can get a cluster in now or if i should wait a bit.

im pretty sure 1 if not both of my wands are trash but the rest of the gear seems to be 'okay'

i didnt have much left after spending so much on flicker, but honestly this totem thing is kind of relaxing to play.

thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info