[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Getting over 500k ho dps is expensive, very expensive.

Last time i posted i had 340k ho dps and could do almost all the content using wands like these
and pandemonious.

Now i have upgraded to these

and dps is 524k in ho. Those 3 items cost me 580ex.

Last upgrade that i have left is +2 proj +1gems double corrupted chest, but most likely not going to get that any time soon.
I don't known how do you cap your resist with breathstealer gauntlets and coward belt.
Take NoImagination's build, for fire resist :
- 16 from gauntlets
- 17 from viridi's veil
- 59 from boots (great)
- 24 from large cluster
- 15 from alira (i presume)
=> Total : 131
With -60 malus, it make 71% fire resist (68 for lightning).
There is something i miss ?
"
didiouu wrote:
With -60 malus, it make 71% fire resist (68 for lightning).
There is something i miss ?

I'm 84 fire, 81 light, 89 cold. I don't really keep track of where it all comes from, but even if I were on 68 lightning resist, I could find another 7% from rolling the hat better.

"
Would you suggest following your passive tree is swapping to the Breathstealer setup? I haven't seen a real good guide for it.

I'd suggest using my tree rather than Wallach's in basically every case - at least the way we route around the inefficient starting nodes. Light of Divinity/Holy Dominion are much better early on than late, Quick Recovery nodes aren't very efficient, etc. You don't need it specifically for Breathstealer though.

"
YinYinYin wrote:
I dont know, the last time i posted here, some guy said all content can be done with just 10ex budget.

It can, and I could do all content in the first week of the league. You should watch some of Wallach's totem streams to see how he's playing because this is probably a playstyle problem.

People who have hit 100 with this build:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Freezing-Pulse&keystone=Ancestral-Bond

"
Frimelda wrote:
I had a question, so looking at the OPs current league character I see he opted out of using a Clear Mind jewel once reaching the endgame, is there a reason for this? I see they didn't remove it so they could run auras, so I am a bit confused.

Also wanted to ask what are the map mods I most want to avoid? Elemental Reflect and cannot regenerate mana?

Clear Mind is fine early on, but you can get better DPS jewels when you have higher enough mana regen. We don't want (expensive) auras though, because our mana is also our lifepool.

Ele reflect is fine once you have enough DPS, though some of the invitations are basically bricks with it. No regen is fine with a mana flask. Monsters resist ailments means you need to be careful when you have the explodey spine guys. Everything else is fine.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 16, 2021, 4:15:44 AM
I forget resist from endurance charges -> +16%
"
El_Madrigal wrote:
Getting over 500k ho dps is expensive, very expensive.

Last time i posted i had 340k ho dps and could do almost all the content using wands like these
and pandemonious.

Now i have upgraded to these

and dps is 524k in ho. Those 3 items cost me 580ex.

Last upgrade that i have left is +2 proj +1gems double corrupted chest, but most likely not going to get that any time soon.

How do you get 3+ mirror's worth of currency in 1 month?
I highly doubt the +3 chest will take you long as that is less than a mirror, so 1.5 weeks for you if your ex gain is the same.

"
NoImagination wrote:
The solution to ultimatums is phasing and DPS. I needed about:

~180k any mod, any tier
~105k in T16
~70k in T14
~40k in T11

DPS in hideout with auras on, nothing else. This used phasing - phase run & divergent dash - and vaal grace and/or vaal haste.

And just to complete the list - 424k was enough for 100% delirious T16 with two damage mods and 'stand in circles' ultimatum. That's using breathstealer, vaal grace, vaal haste, and vaal cold snap.

I suspect this would be hard at 300k though, it was quite close. You can also basically facetank the king harbingers, but delirium abilities can overwhelm you. I couldn't facetank them in enclosed areas either.

And again, that's DPS with auras on and nothing else, in hideout.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 16, 2021, 7:06:53 AM
Awesome build so far! Been enjoying doing all content with this.

I think my gear is pretty alright now, but I am wondering where to get even more damage, perhaps a proper dps glove and no Breathstealers? Or maybe some good crit multi wands.

Spoiler

With all buffs active (arcane surge and increased damage from all the curses), I get a HO dps of about 650k dps per totem, so it is not too bad! With curses and debuffs active as well, and my blanketed snow cluster jewel + pandemonius penetration etc, it should be more than enough, but hey, one can always get even more :D

I am a bit torn on the boot enchant, the man regen is nice... but 120% crit is also pretty good!

Or perhaps is there a way to add a new defensive layer to the build?

Any experience with Immortal Call vs Steelskin on this build for late game? I have been trying both on a cast on damage taken setup, and they work fine, but I tend toward IC on a CWDT setup currently, however a manual cast Steelskin with second wind does not seem such a bad idea, just put it on move button. Any thoughts?
Last edited by aaOzymandias on May 16, 2021, 7:28:10 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:

People who have hit 100 with this build:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Freezing-Pulse&keystone=Ancestral-Bond

How many playstyles can summoning totems have?
Summon totems at edge of screen, hide behind, cast debuffs, run around in the back like a chicken

Besides the elitist reply of, it is a playstyle problem (which isn't helpful btw)
Wallach has probably played FP totems every league as far as i can see.
So he has more knowledge of how to gear

If i start to watch his youtube/vods now.
Will that change my ehp dramatically?

Most of his gear are unavailable on the market or 20-100++ ex
Am i missing something?

Just stck dps and dont die lul
How is that different from other pob warrior builds giving the same advice?
(well, they have millions more dps)

Skipping all my other questions.
Linking me to an irrelevant link on how others have hit 100
Im hoping someone could enlighten me
What about wand crafting? Armour crafting?
Do you just buy everything?

Also, i noticed you have gone a variant of the build but havent hit 100 yet.
From your reply to me, can i assume you have playstyle problems?
/deaths ? yours should be 0 right
"
YinYinYin wrote:
How many playstyles can summoning totems have?
Summon totems at edge of screen, hide behind, cast debuffs, run around in the back like a chicken

I assumed there were only a couple of ways to play, but you seem to have found a new one: Buy the gear, die all the time trying to level, even though lots of people have made it to 100.

"
YinYinYin wrote:
Wallach has probably played FP totems every league as far as i can see.

And so he probably knows... how to play the game. The part you're missing. Perhaps you should watch his stream?

"
YinYinYin wrote:
If i start to watch his youtube/vods now.
Will that change my ehp dramatically?

Perhaps you'll learn how to get to 100, like you want to.

"
YinYinYin wrote:
Linking me to an irrelevant link on how others have hit 100

I die too much! This build sucks! The other people getting to 100 is irrelevant to that! The problem is the build, the buiiiiiiiiiiiiild!

"
YinYinYin wrote:
Also, i noticed you have gone a variant of the build but havent hit 100 yet.
From your reply to me, can i assume you have playstyle problems?
/deaths ? yours should be 0 right

I have as many levels as I want right now, e.g. doing 100% T16s. I notice you looked at my account, but you missed the 100 character using the very same build. Perhaps your failing to hit 100 is affected by your observational skills?

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Awesome build so far! Been enjoying doing all content with this.

I think my gear is pretty alright now, but I am wondering where to get even more damage, perhaps a proper dps glove and no Breathstealers? Or maybe some good crit multi wands.

Wise Oak is likely to be a flask upgrade - it's 15% dps and a little defence, worst case.

You should vaal your uncorrupted DPS gems. Getting a level six is permanent, but getting a level 4 is temporary, as you level it back.

Your wands look fine to me. POB item tester might find you a 10% upgrade at a reasonable price though.

I'd be thinking about 2nd curse from Awakened Hextouch if I were you, freeing up the anoint to get more crit multi. And Constitution is obviously nice, but I prefer DPS from the glove anoint too.

It's probably always better to have 7% max life and 3 DPS mods on a cobalt, rather than a life small cluster. Obviously they get quite expensive, but double DPS mods should be a decent upgrade still, particularly with the passives gained.

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
I am a bit torn on the boot enchant, the man regen is nice... but 120% crit is also pretty good!

I've not looked at it for a while, but I think cold pen is the strongest DPS enchant. I prefer mana regen, guess I should run some labs today.

The problem with crit chance is that we get quite a lot from gear and the tree, which is why we often end up with diamond flasks rather than cinderswallow.

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Or perhaps is there a way to add a new defensive layer to the build?

You could try something like dual vaal skills - I'm on vaal haste/vaal grace/vaal cold snap. I used this a lot to help out in ultimatums when my totems started to get overwhelmed.

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Any experience with Immortal Call vs Steelskin on this build for late game? I have been trying both on a cast on damage taken setup, and they work fine, but I tend toward IC on a CWDT setup currently, however a manual cast Steelskin with second wind does not seem such a bad idea, just put it on move button. Any thoughts?

I don't think IC works all that well for us, because our four charges can't be consumed. I think that means Steelskin is slightly better - my understanding is:

Let's say we get hit for ~4k to trigger CWDT, we normally have ~3k eHP left. IC means we survive a 2nd ~4k hit, but die to anything more (34/35% less damage). But that ~4.5k hit is absorbable by steelskin (2,209 absorbed, remainder hits us). It also lasts longer. So I believe it's slightly better for us.

I don't think I like Steelskin on move, because it'll be cooling down half the time you need it.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 16, 2021, 9:31:00 AM
well seems like i have my answer
Buy all the gear and die?
Thats new for you?
Yep. you type in your /deaths its definitely 0 deaths

Still ignoring question on crafting method.
Ignore addressing glaring survivability problems with the build.
Just GIT GUD LOL

Lets Ignore the survivability discussion and gearing discussion (the entire point) and make it all about flaming the player skill who cant reach 100

Notice that discussion was civil but all your replies to me,
were all personal attacks to begin with

Definitely a perfect build i must say.
Good job!
I can only type good things about this build on this thread!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info