[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi,
what upgrade to seek next :

1. awakened controlled destruction ( 5/6 )
2. awakened hextouch ( 5 ) setup?
3. bottled faith?

4 ... maybe i should replace my medium cluster ( ancestral reach + sleepless sentries ) with master of fear + wish for death

... sitting at 170k hideout dps, already with +2 proj. corrupt and level 26fp ... not that great, but well ... i never understand where the last 200k to 500k+ come from, reached 250k last season with 250ex invest lol ...
Guys i am really struggling with this build

meaning i cant clear as fast and my dps is below 2 million

i don't have best gear but can you guys please check my build and skim through whats wrong.

https://pastebin.com/i9cANVtz
"
Giosh4 wrote:
Guys i am really struggling with this build

meaning i cant clear as fast and my dps is below 2 million

i don't have best gear but can you guys please check my build and skim through whats wrong.

https://pastebin.com/i9cANVtz

ok, the two obvious things i see :

1. get cowards LEGACY ... cowards chains does exact the opposite, counting full life ... you lose 30% dps from pain attunement

2. your multimod-wand is not useful, get another one like that on offhand, with more dps mods ( you only have 3 dps mods )

you have a strange setup, quite expensive gloves, boots and enchanted helmet but on the other hand this basic mistakes ... did you really read the guide?
still nice achievement, hopefully without "bad practices" ...
Last edited by bex_HB on May 15, 2021, 1:33:51 PM
What achievement?!bro i am freaking dumb and basically newbie,first month playing Poe and this genre,i got incredibly lucky by getting the Doctor card from my stacked deck and sold it for 18 ex. Decided to follow builds and made mistake. Thats why i cant level past 91. I just vaal orbed my soul mantle and vendored it two hours ago lol.
"
Giosh4 wrote:
What achievement?!bro i am freaking dumb and basically newbie,first month playing Poe and this genre,i got incredibly lucky by getting the Doctor card from my stacked deck and sold it for 18 ex. Decided to follow builds and made mistake. Thats why i cant level past 91. I just vaal orbed my soul mantle and vendored it two hours ago lol.

maybe the playstyle is not yours, but its no problem at all with your build so far to play red maps ...

as mentioned, swapping the belt for 65c and 30% more dps, 50c wand easily 10-20k more dps

but nevermind ;)

"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,

3. bottled faith?

4 ... maybe i should replace my medium cluster ( ancestral reach + sleepless sentries ) with master of fear + wish for death

... sitting at 170k hideout dps, already with +2 proj. corrupt and level 26fp ... not that great, but well ... i never understand where the last 200k to 500k+ come from, reached 250k last season with 250ex invest lol ...

I'm home disappointed from the football, so no pob checking, but I don't think you need to get into the 10ex upgrades yet:

- Vaal your uncorrupted DPS gems. It's close to a freeroll to be an upgrade, as it isn't a big deal to go down to 19/20 or 4/20 for a while.

- It's cheap to get a good helmet enchant.

- Your off hand looks good, but your main hand looks quite a lot worse. POB item tester ought to be able to help you out here.

- Do you need the quartz flask? I took two hybrid flasks pre-Wise Oak, and I am seriously considering taking one over the quicksilver... I feel like you can get better here, one way or another.

- Amulet anoint can be doom cast or whispers of doom. You don't need the flash freeze freeze chance at your DPS point, you already freeze whenever you want with your flasks on.

- To save a couple of exalts, remember you don't need awakened hextouch all the way up to 5. You have levels already, so you can buy it lower if one is available. It's also not that hard to get from 1 to 3 or whatever you may need.

- Breathstealer is good and I think it should be core to this build, at least when there's ultimatum or something similarly dangerous. The anoint really makes it great.

- It is totally fine to spend 5ex on boots to give you options elsewhere (and, for me, spend more on cluster jewels to remain at 155dex).

- Divergent dash is better than phase run. Doesn't have the movement speed, doesn't last as long, but the fact you can cast while phasing is very strong.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 15, 2021, 3:39:02 PM
"
BillyHargrove wrote:
I asked earlier if this build worked with frostbolt, and the answer is yes as long as you switch out the threshhold jewels. I've been clearing t16 maps p easily with Frostbolt, you can also forgo projectile damage and make it work with hydrosphere, ice spear and glacial cascade with very minor adjustments.

Hi do you mind sharing your pob for the frost bolt and other gem setups?
Definitely interested in frostbolt n glacial cascade :)
Any tips on crafting armour and wand pieces?

Do help to check my gearing options.

Starting to feel burnt out.
This build seems incredibly expensive and churns out mediocre dps for sc

I have cleared all bosses for the first time, for that i am happy but i die to random shit sometimes and that's partly why i am not 100 yet

Survivability feels omega terrible especially when transitioning to red maps and still not able to do any +damage map mods on top of cant regen, ele reflect (annoying but doable), monster 70% avoid ailments (doable but risky)

Ultimatum league feels like defence is as important, and i dont think playstyle matters that much especially when monsters spawn on top on players

I dont know, the last time i posted here, some guy said all content can be done with just 10ex budget.

It would be nice to hear some unbiased opinion. Thank you
I had a question, so looking at the OPs current league character I see he opted out of using a Clear Mind jewel once reaching the endgame, is there a reason for this? I see they didn't remove it so they could run auras, so I am a bit confused.

Also wanted to ask what are the map mods I most want to avoid? Elemental Reflect and cannot regenerate mana?
Last edited by Frimelda on May 16, 2021, 2:09:43 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,

3. bottled faith?

I'm home disappointed from the football, so no pob checking, but I don't think you need to get into the 10ex upgrades yet:

- Vaal your uncorrupted DPS gems. It's close to a freeroll to be an upgrade, as it isn't a big deal to go down to 19/20 or 4/20 for a while.

- It's cheap to get a good helmet enchant.

- Your off hand looks good, but your main hand looks quite a lot worse. POB item tester ought to be able to help you out here.

- Do you need the quartz flask? I took two hybrid flasks pre-Wise Oak, and I am seriously considering taking one over the quicksilver... I feel like you can get better here, one way or another.

- Amulet anoint can be doom cast or whispers of doom. You don't need the flash freeze freeze chance at your DPS point, you already freeze whenever you want with your flasks on.

- To save a couple of exalts, remember you don't need awakened hextouch all the way up to 5. You have levels already, so you can buy it lower if one is available. It's also not that hard to get from 1 to 3 or whatever you may need.

- Breathstealer is good and I think it should be core to this build, at least when there's ultimatum or something similarly dangerous. The anoint really makes it great.

- It is totally fine to spend 5ex on boots to give you options elsewhere (and, for me, spend more on cluster jewels to remain at 155dex).

- Divergent dash is better than phase run. Doesn't have the movement speed, doesn't last as long, but the fact you can cast while phasing is very strong.

Would you suggest following your passive tree is swapping to the Breathstealer setup? I haven't seen a real good guide for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info