[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Gulch wrote:
"
handycandy76 wrote:
I'm kinda stuck doing tier 11-14 maps. Having problems with dps and dying 1 or 2 times every map.

Can someone take a look at my gear and see how should i improve my overall dps and survivability. I tried to improve my gears but current market of the items requires tons of exalted.

I'm currently trying to chromatic another soul mantle which is 6-link too.

Your helm could be better (enchant-wise), your boots don't have the 120% enchant and that's a good dps boost and you have no movement speed (ikes).Here are mine and they're borderline bad:

Your gloves and amulet are lacking as well. Cast speed is our best friend here.
And if you're having survivability issues, I would suggest getting a +1 totem shield until you can upgrade the other stuff.

QUALITY YOUR GEMS! Why are the gems in the Soul Mantle all level 20 and 0% quality?
Either blow some GCP's or trade them to a vendor along with 1 GCP for each gem to automatically put tham at 20% quality...NOTE this will de-level them to level 1 but you can re-level them in no time at all, that's what I always do unless I have a ton of spare GCP's.

And of course getting a 6 link will help as you already mentioned you're working on.

EDIT: another tip if you're dying a lot is to simply just slow down. Don't try to speed run a map. Drop totems and be on the move constantly.

Get an instant life flask and quality them up to 20%.

Yeah, i think i'm used to doing speed runs on white and yellow maps.

I'll do those changes but the helm enchant are quite expensive and tough to get a good socket
"
Gulch wrote:
"
handycandy76 wrote:
I'm kinda stuck doing tier 11-14 maps. Having problems with dps and dying 1 or 2 times every map.

Can someone take a look at my gear and see how should i improve my overall dps and survivability. I tried to improve my gears but current market of the items requires tons of exalted.

Your helm could be better (enchant-wise), your boots don't have the 120% enchant and that's a good dps boost and you have no movement speed (ikes).Here are mine and they're borderline bad:

And if you're having survivability issues, I would suggest getting a +1 totem shield until you can upgrade the other stuff.

QUALITY YOUR GEMS! Why are the gems in the Soul Mantle all level 20 and 0% quality?
Either blow some GCP's or trade them to a vendor along with 1 GCP for each gem to automatically put tham at 20% quality...NOTE this will de-level them to level 1 but you can re-level them in no time at all, that's what I always do unless I have a ton of spare GCP's.

And of course getting a 6 link will help as you already mentioned you're working on.

EDIT: another tip if you're dying a lot is to simply just slow down. Don't try to speed run a map. Drop totems and be on the move constantly.

I'll do those changes but the helm enchant are quite expensive and tough to get a good socket
"
Gulch wrote:
"
handycandy76 wrote:

Sorry for the spam, something is wrong with my computer. Apologies in advance! T_T
Can I use this build but change freezing pulse with glacial cascade? This exact same build
In what order would you prioritize awakened gems?

Based on my reading and ignoring cost it seems like:

1. Added cold damage
2. Curse on hit
3. Controlled destruction
4. Cold penetration
4. Spell cascade

My reasoning is that the +1 to gems and lack of other sources of flat damage for Freezing Pulse makes the Awakened Added Cold Damage the best dps boost of the three main setup awakened gems.

Next the Awakened Curse on Hit allowing dual-curse will upgrade build's supporting mechanics. So this is also a big change you'd want to incorporate sooner.

From there the Awakened Controlled Destruction beats out Cold Penetration due to the cast speed bonus you get from quality. And Awakened Spell Cascade comes last since it's a quality-of-life improvement.

However redoing this list taking costs (both leveling exp and currency) into consideration I'm not sold on Awakened Added Cold Damage being #1 since the +1 to gems only kicks in at level 5. Awakened Controlled Destruction and Awakened Added Cold cost about the same right now, but Awakened Controlled Destruction would give you the cast speed boost at level 1.

Also the currency costs of Curse on Hit (9-10ex) and Cold Penetration (1ex) means that they might move in opposite directions on the list? You're probably better off buying 2 or 3 of the main setup awakened gems than just Curse on Hit on a dps-per-exalted orb basis.

Any counter arguments or opinions?
"
varasou33 wrote:
Hey,
i can't find replace for my wand - according to POB. Even those with +1 all cold spell gems ect. worth 10ex+ aren't better.
Should i carry about what POB says about it?
Can you tell me then, for what bonus should i look for a wand?
Should i go for dual wield or 1h + spaer shield?
Currently i have 9ex to spend.

Anyone can help me with this?

According to POB, my dps is 470k per totem. Sometimes my dps feel to low
I don't have problems with t16 maps on lvl 6 Awakening (i didn't kill surius yet), but i want get better gear.
Last edited by varasou33 on Jan 3, 2020, 10:39:51 AM
"
varasou33 wrote:
"
varasou33 wrote:
Hey,
i can't find replace for my wand - according to POB. Even those with +1 all cold spell gems ect. worth 10ex+ aren't better.

Those are damn good wands, But there are better IF you have the EX to spend. Spell damage (I beleive) is capped at 109%, so you could start looking for that.
You might end up having to craft your own at this point because I doubt there are much better on the market that aren't overpriced.
"
BanDeat wrote:
Can I use this build but change freezing pulse with glacial cascade? This exact same build

You could, but the clear speed would be less. I tried it for a map or two a couple of leagues ago and quickly went back to FP.
Spoiler
"
Gulch wrote:
"
varasou33 wrote:
"
varasou33 wrote:
Hey,

"
Gulch wrote:

Those are damn good wands, But there are better IF you have the EX to spend. Spell damage (I beleive) is capped at 109%, so you could start looking for that.
You might end up having to craft your own at this point because I doubt there are much better on the market that aren't overpriced.

I have 11ex to spend and im looking for upgrade for them or any of my item.
Last edited by varasou33 on Jan 3, 2020, 11:05:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info