[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hello and thanks for the guide. It made me back to PoE, and I love it

I just bought those 2 wands, are them decent?

What upgrade would be next ? I am low on chaos atm cause I spent like 1 ex and a half for the wands..
"
Luciferoxx wrote:

What upgrade would be next ? I am low on chaos atm cause I spent like 1 ex and a half for the wands..

Wands are nice,but as usual there is always room for improvement if you have the currency.
What to upgrade first? Amulet with caster mods, you're missing out on a lot of dps, then go for a 6 link.
"
Luciferoxx wrote:

I think you should import the gear and tree to POB and try to play with it. You can CRTL-C an item from trade web GUI or from POE and import to POB before you purchase it. The increased spell dmg is nice and also the +1 cold spells.
I think your wands are really miss cast speed.
So continue playing as it is now, go for a 6L (3ex) and start grinding ex for your atziri shield (18-20 ex), coward belt(1-2ex) and one good wand with: +1, 30+cast speed, inc. spell/cold dmg, global crit dmg. (can be fossil crafted by yourself but be prepared to spend another several hundred c and few ex for multicraft)

On my gear a Quality 20% awakened controlled destruction support gem gave me a good dmg boost and not because of that 1% more spell dmg (which is really nothing) but the plus 10 % cast speed.
Is this shield better than my previous offhand wand?

I could put some resistance on it over 8% cast speed, and change another slot that currently has resistance for more damage/life. I also have the 5% double damage craft as an option. It might be a good annul+multimod target if I hit the reservation suffix, but the base didn't seem worth the investment, especially when endgame is still Atziri's Reflection.
Last edited by kobo1d on Jan 3, 2020, 12:58:20 PM
"
kobo1d wrote:
Is this shield better than my previous offhand wand?

I could put some resistance on it over 8% cast speed, and change another slot that currently has resistance for more damage/life. I also have the 5% double damage craft as an option. It might be a good annul+multimod target if I hit the reservation suffix, but the base didn't seem worth the investment, especially when endgame is still Atziri's Reflection.

They are both kinda bad in their current form with the wand being the better of the two.
The shield only gives +1 totems, small amount of spell damage, and a small amount of cast speed, I'd either re-craft it or find a better one.
The wand has attack speed and accuracy, I mean you could annul and take the chance it will hit one or both accuracy and attack speed but have a backup wand/sceptre just in case you ruin it :/

Last edited by Gulch on Jan 3, 2020, 1:16:04 PM
What a crap - I could only cry. Finally i had it all together for the switch to Atziri and then it happened the first time in my POE career that I am so freaking stupid to let myself get scammed. Bought an Atziri Mirror for 18ex :(

As a daddy of three small kids with only minimal time to play in the evening that really throws me back. I hope i can find the motivation to try again to save up that amount.

What a shit start into the year. Expensive lesson learned :(
"
derSchurke wrote:
What a crap - I could only cry. Finally i had it all together for the switch to Atziri and then it happened the first time in my POE career that I am so freaking stupid to let myself get scammed. Bought an Atziri Mirror for 18ex :(

As a daddy of three small kids with only minimal time to play in the evening that really throws me back. I hope i can find the motivation to try again to save up that amount.

that's sad man.
If you are still playing when i stop, 1 or 2 weeks, ill pass my items to you. My char is TotallyNotTotens, i have some stuff

Unralated, how can you guys play without phase run? The mobility without it ......
"
raloP wrote:

Unralated, how can you guys play without phase run? The mobility without it ......

It's a QOL that I've learned to play without mainly because I always forget about it. I think the only builds where I had it was an old BV build and my winter orb build. It is nice to have though.
"
derSchurke wrote:

That's why when I make ANY trade over 5c, I always make it a point to take the extra 5 seconds to look at their offer.
It's not worth the aggrevation.
"
raloP wrote:

that's sad man.
If you are still playing when i stop, 1 or 2 weeks, ill pass my items to you. My char is TotallyNotTotens, i have some stuff

Thanks man. Really appreciate that. And btw - thats some awesome gear you have :)

"
Gulch wrote:
That's why when I make ANY trade over 5c, I always make it a point to take the extra 5 seconds to look at their offer.
It's not worth the aggrevation.

Yes, I actually thought i already had my safety net. For rares I always double-checked the exact name of the item. For uniques it was mostly down to checking that it has the required stats and is really linked the same way (so no 5 instead of 6L). Now I will put up some extra caution for any trade.

But in the end - Damn that hurts. Was really looking at my last holiday weekend before going back to work on Monday to switch over to Atziri setup and see how that rolls... And the worst thing is that it was really my fault - sure, the other guy is an asshole for doing it, but i could have totally avoided it with due diligence... thats the most pain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info