[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

It messes up Wise Oak tho, right?
Last edited by Rustoja on May 7, 2021, 10:01:20 AM
The spores aren't useful for clearspeed as they stand still and have normal aura range. They're useful for bosses. And of course, 10% DPS is nice without having to chill anything.

It could definitely mess up wise oak sometimes. I assume the spors can carry any aura, in which case you'll sometimes have one or two purities (though purity of ice would only partially mess you up).

I'm not using wise oak right now as I have no way to balance, but it doesn't seem a huge deal. When I use flasks it's normally to burst a boss down, so there's no time for a spor to spawn. In ultimatums it would indeed sometimes make wise oak worse though.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 7, 2021, 10:15:31 AM
Are you guys still using Cold Conduction Medium Jewel in this build in the top-left cluster? I can't find this jewel anywhere in trade, its like it doesn't exist anymore.
"
Xerxian wrote:
Are you guys still using Cold Conduction Medium Jewel in this build in the top-left cluster? I can't find this jewel anywhere in trade, its like it doesn't exist anymore.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/pKwYKk5S0
Thank you!
Say. I have been following this guide right now. I am currently at the stage where I have a 5 link but miscolored 6 socket Soul Mantle. I have a subpar Viridi's veil and pretty good Rares overall and only 1 level away from my Virile Vermillion Magic ring.

Now, I have about 2 Ex, so I was wondering what should I try to upgrade first? The 6 link? Or should I go for a 50C+ Magic Wands? Or something else perhaps?
If I were you, I'd put perhaps 10c into each of 2 wands, then get Coward's Legacy (& Pain Attunement/Panicked flasked). It's also worth getting some 10c gloves with damage against chilled, and 10c on some 30% movemenet speed boots. Then you can get a couple of damage flasks - a diamond and a silver flask will be fine.

You're missing essence worm too, and don't need Sanctum of Thought passive anymore.

After that, I'd save for the 6 link.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 7, 2021, 12:09:53 PM
So it feels like cold conduction is universally good, adding a source of shock easily, and pairing with the great astonishing affliction.

That said, what is the opinion of sleepless sentries ('perma' onslaught) vs a curse cluster with unnerve on it?
Once you get double curse, the curse cluster is the best by far (with Wish for Death too). I found it good enough to take as my second even with a single curse.

Sleepless sentries/ancestral echo is perfectly decent though. I find it a bit less than perma-onslaught as it wears off so quickly, but it's certainly mostly-onslaught.

I've been using streamlined/repeater as my 4th, but perhaps there's a crit cluster that's worthwhile instead. All it's really doing is giving some damage and projectile speed. Those are much cheaper options for a while.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 7, 2021, 12:51:27 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:

- It's 100% worth getting two good medium cluster jewels. Four is even better.

Speaking of cluster jewels, can I check if you're using all 3 notables on your large cluster? or just as 5 points pathing to med clusters?
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info