[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
rurt wrote:
I considered this. Can't decide though which to take as my second: totem medium (Sleepless Sentries QoL!) or curse for Unnerve?

Unnerve & cull is great. I took it as my first cluster, and it makes double-curse super strong.

"
limevan wrote:
I noticed four entries on poeninja's build page running with Breathstealer to get a second anointed passive.

Ah yeh, I looked at this earlier in the league, but entirely forgot about it. The second anoint seems pretty nice, if you can get by without the dex/greater resists from gloves. I think I'll try this too.

POB says there are a few better anoints than flash freeze near the top end - for me, heartseeker & throatseeker are next best.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 6, 2021, 11:30:01 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Unnerve & cull is great. I took it as my first cluster, and it makes double-curse super strong.

I was afraid you'd say that ;)

Well then, time to grind some more cash, as this is a slightly more expensive one, guess the price is justified.
So i've got 2 kikazaru rings and the passive "Sanctum of Thought" yet i still get the curse effects on me, if i watch your video i see the curses blacked out. what am i doing wrong ? (also got self-flageration)
Well, 417k hideout DPS is pretty hard to turn down, I think I'm stuck on Breathstealer for a while now. Semi-bricked my ring in the process, better get fertile catalysts & a big pile of alts again...

"
sneakys wrote:
So i've got 2 kikazaru rings and the passive "Sanctum of Thought" yet i still get the curse effects on me, if i watch your video i see the curses blacked out. what am i doing wrong ? (also got self-flageration)

You're not doing anything wrong in that regard. The black locks above our heads comes from Viridi's Veil, the replacement for Kikazaru.

What you ARE doing wrong is keeping avatar of fire & divine fury after switching to FP.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 6, 2021, 11:46:43 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Well, 417k hideout DPS is pretty hard to turn down, I think I'm stuck on Breathstealer for a while now. Semi-bricked my ring in the process, better get fertile catalysts & a big pile of alts again...

Awesome! I found elemental reflect maps annoying before hitting a damage breakpoint. With a good enough damage output per volley of FP, it doesn't matter that the totems kill themselves instantly anymore, since their targets also die in a single hit. It's great you're enjoying Breathstealer. I wonder what other items like these are out there waiting to be incorporated.
<deleted>
Last edited by faytte on May 6, 2021, 2:12:40 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
rahuls wrote:
@noimagination; do you have a rough outline on how to craft the cluster jewwel you mentioned with blanket snow, prismatic heart, blizzard caller? cheers mate.

I didn't, I bought mine.

"
faytte wrote:
Re-allocated some points (cant believe I missed Arcane Potency) but still only around 700K damage per totem.

What's your hideout DPS, auras on, nothing else?

Without any temporary buffs, curses for self flagellations, i.e nothing active other than aura I'm at 138K, which seems very low to me given my gear. Something just feels off.
"
faytte wrote:
Without any temporary buffs, curses for self flagellations, i.e nothing active other than aura I'm at 138K, which seems very low to me given my gear. Something just feels off.

I have very similar gear to you, and spell links are almost the same too. I am at 125k hideout dps right now. The differences between us are in passive tree (including Large Cluster jewel and your Brutal Restraint - I have neither and have those points in other parts of the tree instead).

This must mean that your cluster jewels aren't bringing that much to the table yet. And I think you'll get a lot more damage leveling your awakened gems from 1 to 5. It must be the small things adding up that are pushing these guys up to 300k+ hideout dps (All awakened level 5+, phat cluster jewels, phat cobalt jewels, corrupted implicit on chest, awakened Hextouch so you can anoint amulet w/ a damage anoint).

Also, check in PoB but you should get a big DPS increase if you swap your 6 passives at the beginning of your skill tree from the Life/Mana Nodes thru Sanctity up Damage/Mana side (saves 2 passives) then get Dex on your gloves and remove the 2 points to Precision and the 1 point on Coordination for a total of 5 passive points saved, and buy your way up to Throatseeker. It should be an improvement. And check to see if your Brutal Restraint is actually more dps than a Clear Mind in PoB. I have no idea.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 6, 2021, 3:03:22 PM
May I know what is the better corruption for chest piece?

Is +1 to socketed gems better than +2 to projectiles?

Thank you.

"
faytte wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
rahuls wrote:
@noimagination; do you have a rough outline on how to craft the cluster jewwel you mentioned with blanket snow, prismatic heart, blizzard caller? cheers mate.

I didn't, I bought mine.

"
faytte wrote:
Re-allocated some points (cant believe I missed Arcane Potency) but still only around 700K damage per totem.

What's your hideout DPS, auras on, nothing else?

I wouldn't be too worried about hideout DPS. It's a quick but very basic way to check if something huge is missing (support gem/aura) but it really doesn't consider a lot of critical factors.

For example, here are how things look in hideout, with only auras on. Having a little over 300k "hideout" DPS doesn't come close to suggesting 5M shaper DPS. It is clear from the red boxes how penetration and resistance reduction (more than a 4x multiplier) has a huge impact in damage that isn't otherwise available from the tooltip.

When in doubt, just load your character up in POB and you can have a way better picture of how strong your character really is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info