[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Jerle wrote:
Speaking of cluster jewels, can I check if you're using all 3 notables on your large cluster? or just as 5 points pathing to med clusters?

I'm using them all. Should I not be?
What's the next good upgrade for me? I'm thinking about a good 3 nodes large cluster, but a good one costs more than 12 ex, and gives incomparably less dps. I have a medium cluster on Sleepless Sentries + Ancestral Echo, but I don't have enough points (so far 93 level). I think it is worth doing this together with the purchase of Bottled Faith (or which flask to put instead of the silver one?).
But maybe something else is worth changing? Wands etc, except annoit. RN i have ~15ex

pob https://pastebin.com/BgCcCTKd
Last edited by jeyzzzi on May 7, 2021, 2:52:59 PM
"
jeyzzzi wrote:
What's the next good upgrade for me?

Before the large cluster, I'd get awakened added cold & controlled destruction, and perfect my unique jewels. You may as well quality your jewellery too, it'll make other items easier to upgrade in the future.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 7, 2021, 3:08:17 PM
@Wallach is your build okey without projectile speed?
I'm in a similar situation of wondering what to buy next. My large cluster is not very good (no blanketed snow), and I could swap out my gloves for the harvest gloves. I could try to upgrade my main hand scepter (I do like having socketed gems auto cast to keep coldsnap up automatically. The QOL there seems too strong to give up). It seems moving to a rare neck, or corrupted chest is outside my price range atm (about 5 ex).
Moving on to testing March of the Legion:

I was considering these since we can drop our Essence Worm and instead, run a ring with:

Life,
Resistances,
(51–55) to Dexterity
Adds (21–24) to (43–48) Cold Damage to Spells and Attacks
(22–25)% increased Spell Damage
(18–22)% increased Cold Damage
(7–10)% chance to Freeze, Adds (13–16) to (33–36) Cold Damage against Chilled or Frozen Enemies
(22–25)% increased Projectile Attack Damage
(20–23)% increased Damage
+(21–25)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
(24–26)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
(25–30)% increased Elemental Damage
21–25)% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
(22–25)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

The crucial part I was worried about is that the converted auras ("blessings") do not proc mods off Watcher's Eye (like our raw Critical Strike Chance). I tested this and thankfully, the blessings work as if they were auras.

I got greedy and tested if Arcane Surge procs off the auras when they were being converted to blessings. Unfortunately, this mana consumption did not count as "casting the aura" was not the same as "spending a total of # mana with a supported skill".

Expanding on this, we can run three auras without reservation. Great for MOM. Given how Zealotry AND Hatred can be run simultaneously, this is a potentially huge boost to our damage and significantly widens our Watcher's Eye pool.

Our opportunity cost is a good pair of boots, but as Wallach has described in his gearing page, the choices we have aren't fantastic. Before heading in this direction, I was crafting a pair of Tailwind boots since an increase in our action speed also meant the same multiplier for our totems. At this point, being able to replace the stats from the rare boots with those on the ring AND getting a lot more damage from auras through these boots seem to be a good tradeoff.

For what it's worth, these boots aren't new, nor are the changes in the league's mana reservation mechanics. I'm thankful to the big brains who have worked these into viable alternatives for us to consider.

Back to testing. Will be back with more information.

Consecrated Ground's going to be 10% from Watcher's Eye, plus
10% from Bottled Faith, plus
5% from Purifying Flame.

Total DPS increased by 24.8% on running Zealotry as well. Last aura slot is free, and I've gone with Clarity since we take ages to regenerate mana.

(last edit before bed)

Has anyone tested Flask duration Clusters over Totem ones?

Given how reliant we are getting on Wise Oak and Bottled Faith, I thought of dropping Onslaught from Sleepless Sentry and just wing it with a Cinderswallow instead.

Will update when I test tomorrow.
Last edited by limevan on May 7, 2021, 5:06:25 PM
Thank you for the response.

Though, I feel I can't quite easily part with those just yet because I don't have the resists for it. If I remove my Rare Ring and Belt, I will lose out on capping my Resistances. I am preparing for post Kitava.
Hello, I'm following this build so far doing good, I'm sitting at 178k dps in hideout with just hatred, I'm doing good damage-wise, not great, but I'm satisfied with it.

I'm having troubles with survability tho, not with maps/ultimatums but with end-game bosses, tried maven and sirus A9 and got deleted, I only have 3,8k health wich is really low I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions to improve my defenses or improving my build in general.

I was thinking of dropping one wand and go for a shield with health/+1 to cold spells and crit what do you think?
Anyone have thoughts on what are good passives from timeless jewels?
Last edited by Nosheetsgiven on May 7, 2021, 11:05:33 PM
"
limevan wrote:
Moving on to testing March of the Legion:

Will update when I test tomorrow.

How blessing support work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info