[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Your gear looks good, the only thing that stands out to me is your 6L has no quality on anything except FP and you're running a 20/20 FP. Getting a 21/20 FP and 20% on everything else or, ideally, 21/20's will up your dps a lot. Or even awakened Added cold/cold pen/cont dest.

My goodness...I do not know how I blanked on quality.... This has been updated for the primary skills. When I get back in the game I will update steelskin and other pieces. I'm not familiar with the hydrosphere. Placing the cascading frost and then targeting high hp/bosses with assassins isn't that bad for me, but is that part of the guide I missed somewhere or a common alternative I'm just not familiar with. Thanks!!!
@noimagination; do you have a rough outline on how to craft the cluster jewwel you mentioned with blanket snow, prismatic heart, blizzard caller? cheers mate.
Last edited by rahuls on May 5, 2021, 5:57:44 PM
Similar question to others, about upping my dps. Right now I'm shopping for a watchers eye (you will see a placeholder jewel in one of my medium clusters) but otherwise, I'm wondering why my damage is so far off? Similarly in my head slot I have enlighten (just to level it) while I save up currency for awakened hextouch and will replace it with another curse (elemental weakness probably).

Are my scepters really bad? They were kind of cheap but I thought at the time they were 'high value' cheap since they had +1 gems, cast speed, multi and some added elemental damage. Unless I'm bad at my POB though, my totems are only about 600-700K dps each, and I was hoping they would at least be in the 1M range or above.
"
faytte wrote:
Similar question to others, about upping my dps.

It's hard to tell with the scepters. I wouldn't know for sure without simming on PoB but it's possible that having low elemental damage rolls, + low spell damage + no cold % or spell critical, in exchange for +1 cold skills might be less dps.

You're going for awakened hextouch right now, an option you could use in the meantime would be to switch your anoint on your amulet to Whispers of Doom for +1 curses. If you don't want to do that, check on PoB if Flash Freeze = more dps than heartseeker.

Also you had to take 3 nodes for dex purposes because you don't have dex on your gloves or boots. If you could get dex on one of those, you could remove the 2 points for Precision and the 1 point for Coordination and put those into the 3 points for Arcane Potency instead and that should be a bit of a dps bump.
"
Howdy folks!

I'm trying to follow the build guide, and ran out of currency (oh no!). It's only my second league, and I've never had much currency, so I figured I'd roll this and try to farm some bosses this league. I only have time to play maybe two builds in a league, so my starter was Ziz's ED trickster (which is fine) but I was really looking forward to this.

My damage is low, struggling with red map bosses, probably for the following reasons (*I'm broke, with 50c to my name):

- I don't have any cluster jewels*
- I don't have the Pandemonius*
- I only have a 5L Soul Tether*
- I don't have the fancy boots / gloves / helmet rolls and enchants because I have to prioritize resist cap before enchants*
- My main source of income has been Ultimatums, which were really easy on ED/Trick but this build seems kind of bad at (could just be me) - I had to drop the off-hand for a shield, and I picked up a Rumi's, Glancing Blows, and a Jade flask to try to do them, but still die about half the time
- In that same vein, I feel like I have very low life, with few gear slots to get good life rolls needing Viridi's veil - dumping more skill points into life nodes further reduces damage
- Small point here, but for some reason I'm really low on dex and have to use 2 skill points on dex nodes to support the green gems

I do have all the requisite unique jewels (2x first snow, self-flag, clear mind) but Thread of Hope* and Watchers Eye* are a little out of reach atm

I feel like I'm stuck in a place where I can't farm currency for the upgrades (again, can't do ultimatums, and Valdo's rest easy-mode has been destroyed) and I'll have to go back to ED just to try to progress the build, which feels really bad.

The maps that I can do go rather quickly - any yellow map can be done in 2-4 minutes depending, so I'm planning to go get Friend of the Family and farming Perandus to sell some Shavronne's or something to try to build the coin to get further in the build.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

You can try to farm Quarry (Act 9) for currency.It is safe and you will have enough damage (because the acts).
There you can earn about 50с per hour. Just skip "stone circle" event (it takes too much time).
p.s. you can reset the location by holding down CTRL + clicking on Quarry icon.

It's a boring grind, but it can help you with currency.
Is onslaught on kill for 8 seconds from a timeless jewel a worthless passive? If so, is there are list of good passives we want from it?

I currently have:
2x 20% elemental damage
1x 5% increased global accuracy rating
2x 5% movement speed
1x you gain onslaught for 8 secs on kill
1x 20% increased evasion rating
1x 5% chance to blind on hit
Last edited by Nosheetsgiven on May 6, 2021, 1:23:27 AM
TY!

I implemented most of these suggestions. Whispers of doom, second hex, watchers eye (best I can afford for now), replaced one of my weaker scepters with a new one. I want to keep my first one since I could craft trigger socketed spells on it for coldsnap/bonechill (as opposed to having this in a CWDT, which means it wont be up realiably on bosses).

Re-allocated some points (cant believe I missed Arcane Potency) but still only around 700K damage per totem.
"
rahuls wrote:
@noimagination; do you have a rough outline on how to craft the cluster jewwel you mentioned with blanket snow, prismatic heart, blizzard caller? cheers mate.

I didn't, I bought mine.

"
faytte wrote:
Re-allocated some points (cant believe I missed Arcane Potency) but still only around 700K damage per totem.

What's your hideout DPS, auras on, nothing else?
hi everyone, i'm rocking this build and i'm looking for some pointers on what to upgrade next, based on my actual gear (my profile should be public) if someone could take a look at it it would be much appreciated.

(i'm still working on the mantle, burned 400 links with no luck, so i'm back to currency farming for now)

(edit: forgot to mention the char is named DeusVultOnRocks, just in case i messed up, nub here)
Last edited by hiei27 on May 6, 2021, 1:59:53 AM
"
hiei27 wrote:
hi everyone, i'm rocking this build and i'm looking for some pointers on what to upgrade next, based on my actual gear (my profile should be public) if someone could take a look at it it would be much appreciated.

(i'm still working on the mantle, burned 400 links with no luck, so i'm back to currency farming for now)

(edit: forgot to mention the char is named DeusVultOnRocks, just in case i messed up, nub here)

I'm on my phone now so I can't access POB. You should place your magic ring to the right to get the hexproof bonus from Viridi Veil. You should remove the Thread of Hope since it is useless unless you have the "very large ring" mod. You should try invest the cluster jewel since most of the damage/Quality of life are coming from there. Try to follow the cluster jewel build version. Buy the cheaper 5L soul mantle instead. Get glove with "damaged against chilled enemy".

Actually all of this are already explained by Wallach in "Gear upgrade progression and recommendation" section. You should read that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info