[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Without using a flask, what is the typical critical strike chance people have for Freezing Pulse?

Mine is 40%, is it normally at this level for people? e.g. 40-50%.

Kind regards
I'm 45.9% in hideout, aura on, nothing else. I'd worry more about DPS than crit alone though (249k under the same conditions).
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 28, 2021, 4:58:38 AM
How do i check this correctly?
Stand in HO, activate hatred, then go into window (c) on attack, on the symbol for freezing pulse, and check that number there (without any totems deployed)?

If yes, i'm around 60k i guess, and wondering why you come to 250k with that gear difference?
I know, you have several awakened gems (1 lvl 5) and much better wands. I haven't a corrupted body and no 21/20 freezing pulse (gems are leved up soon, so i can corrupt them).

What is that big difference in my gear?
Where to get the most DPS now?

PS: i'll switch freezing pulse with ice spear, hypothermia with lesser projectiles and 1 first snow jewel for the one with 2 projectiles, for bossing (sirius, conquerors etc). It seems that i make much more dmg to single targets this way.
"
kkmonk wrote:
If yes, i'm around 60k i guess, and wondering why you come to 250k with that gear difference?

I know, you have several awakened gems (1 lvl 5) and much better wands.

Also Watcher's Eye, more skill points, cluster jewels, DPS jewels.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on wands. Then the Eye is probably your cheapest upgrade, then awakened gems.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 28, 2021, 7:25:59 AM
I bought a awakened cold dmg level 5 yesterday, not that expensive, went from 104k to 120k ho dps ( no cluster jewels yet etc much room open, no watchers eye as well yet ).

In the end i think things add up, improving at multiple areas pushes the dps, while indeed wands are initially the biggest part, at least one with +1, both with crit chance, ideally on top cast speed and crit multi.

"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm 45.9% in hideout, aura on, nothing else. I'd worry more about DPS than crit alone though (249k under the same conditions).

Ok, then having crit chance at around 40% is ok. I was expecting people to have it like 60%.

My DPS is 124k in hideout with only aura on.

Weapon upgrade with +1 and soul mantle with +1 will probably push it to 150k dps. Level 5 awaken cold damage should push it to 170k dps.

Crit multi jewel instead of clear mind should push it to 175k.

Does helmet enchant really add that much tooltip DPS? (using tooltip as any hidden benefits like cold pen as an example is pure bonus).

I guess my Watcher's eye isnt a damage one as its damage pen when affected by Hatred. I could eventually swap that out but trouble is I am really struggling with survivability end game and cant figure out why.

Bosses are ok. Can do Sirus A8 and Guardians. Not unlocked Shaper, Elder or Maven.

Ultimatums are the real problem. Almost always die. No idea how to survive them. Lack of damage will be the main factor.

Using Haste (with Watcher's Eye jewel for phasing really does help but makes it more glass cannon - if I make a mistake or the game rigs itself, it is an instant death.

Got 3.5k life and 2.6k mana - Lacking life (need 1 more level) and need better rolls on Gloves. with Haste on, Mana becomes 1k which isnt too bad but does ultimately weaken the character.

How do we generate power/endurance charges with this build? Since we do get the ascendancy node for that.
"
Alcynoneus wrote:
How do we generate power/endurance charges with this build? Since we do get the ascendancy node for that.

The ascendancy node you get grants you a permanent uptime of 4 power charges and endurance charges. Therefore no need to generate any using any other mechanic in the game.

It is +4 to Minimum, which means your default is +4.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
Alcynoneus wrote:

The ascendancy node you get grants you a permanent uptime of 4 power charges and endurance charges. Therefore no need to generate any using any other mechanic in the game.

It is +4 to Minimum, which means your default is +4.

I did not know that, thx alot!
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Ultimatums are the real problem. Almost always die. No idea how to survive them. Lack of damage will be the main factor.

You need about 7k eHP. I also use Stone Golem, Phase Run, and (divergent) Dash for another source of phasing. On top of that, I use Vaal Grace and Vaal Cold Snap.

With all that, ~125k hideout DPS is going to do a lot of T16 Ultimatums. To do them without caring about map mods, I was on ~175k.

Also, Haste cancels out clear mind. I don't think it's worth the loss of eHP either.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 28, 2021, 10:25:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info