[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Still not crit capped - 81.5% effective crit chance with bottled faith, cinderswallow, diamond flask activated.

Casting around for other anoints - Ash, Frost, and Storm? A bit of defence on there too. Stormweaver is similar.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 28, 2021, 4:05:42 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Still not crit capped - 81.5% effective crit chance with bottled faith, cinderswallow, diamond flask activated.

Add precision ? even without the watcher'eye mod, it can be a good boost in dps
Last edited by Pacificator77 on Apr 28, 2021, 4:10:47 PM
Ahh, I hadn't marked enemy as consecrated ground.
Hello
If anyone can help with the following please.
Going to do this build as my second char, what weapons are recommended for leveling progression?
Also my only concern with this build is that I do not see any sustain aside from life regen , since the totems are doing all the damage , do they function as minions ?
So we can not directly leech damage?
My apologies English is my second language, I appreciate all responses in advance.
Thank you
"
Pacificator77 wrote:
2) Cold snap: the guide suggests using it in a CWDT setup, but it seems that many player prefer to cast it by hand. Some people use the Vaal version. I have used the CWDT setup, but I'm wondering if it is that useful (perhaps it is triggering more often than I notice). Same with steelskin...I do see it triggering from time to time, but not that much. I have been experimenting with Frost shield also...but since we move all the time it's probably only useful for map with little space (e.g. reef boss or one of the conquerer, during heist)

I mentioned earlier that Cold Snap + Bonechill is a big portion of our increased damage taken multiplier. Linked to a 20/20 div. Bonechill, a monster (no matter a normal, boss or Shaper) takes 23% increased damage from any of our hits when affected by a 17/- Cold Snap. Yes, that is 23% MORE, since we multiply that with our resistance reduction and penetration.

Our entire pool of increased damage taken comes up to around 105%, so Cold Snap is in charge of nearly a quarter of that.

IMO, running this in a CWDT setup is unreliable, especially if you link it to a strong CWDT to pair with a good Steelskin. The area of effect isn't huge, and it doesn't trigger enough. That is why I've moved it to a self cast setup.

A few things about self casting Cold Snap. It has a relatively long cooldown time of 3s, and it stores only one charge at a time. However, you can spend a Frenzy charge to bypass this cooldown. Ideally, you will have the entire Ultimatum arena carpeted with Cold Snaps. This isn't too difficult, because Cold Snap itself leaves a 5-second puddle that has a 25% chance to grant us a Frenzy charge when something dies in it (e.g. my cold, dead heart). AFAIK, there doesn't seem to be an internal cooldown to this, so Frenzy charges are often maxed out.

In addition, if you run Vaal Cold Snap, you get an awesome swirling puddle that follows you around for 4 seconds. This gets you a 100% chance to gain a Frenzy charge when something dies in it. Even for bosses, this is useful, since you gain a Frenzy charge each second simply by sticking to the boss. Given the 4-second duration, we can get the maximum of 3 Frenzy charges reliably while still applying the Bonechill debuff.

(PS: Since we gain Vaal charges from hitting bosses, Vaal Cold Snap is always available for fights like the final stage of Sirus. However, if you are running other vaal skills, each vaal gem will gain those charges randomly and they are not shared. This means that if you're running Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace and Vaal Cold Snap, none of them may be ready when you need them.)

(PPS: Running an anomalous Vaal Cold Snap gets you even higher % increased damage taken. However, no such gems are available ATM. For comparison, a 21/22 or 20/23 with +levels from gear nets us 26% damage taken, over the 23% we are looking at right now. It's not a huge difference but still worth min-maxing for when available.)
Last edited by limevan on Apr 28, 2021, 10:47:18 PM
Well, 855 Chromes in and I still haven't been able to get 3 Greens 2 Blues and 1 Red on my Soul Mantle 6 link.... Screw it, I'm just sticking with a 5 linker and just not going to use multiple totems I guess.... It's not worth the currency that I'm sinking into this

and to think that I could have just spent a couple of more exalts and bought a 6 linker with the right colors instead :(
Last edited by Mentoya on Apr 28, 2021, 11:10:49 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Well, 855 Chromes in and I still haven't been able to get 3 Greens 2 Blues and 1 Red on my Soul Mantle 6 link.... Screw it, I'm just sticking with a 5 linker and just not going to use multiple totems I guess.... It's not worth the currency that I'm sinking into this

and to think that I could have just spent a couple of more exalts and bought a 6 linker with the right colors instead :(

Just use Harvest crafts I've done it 3 times now without even trying really.
"
0racle wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Just use Harvest crafts I've done it 3 times now without even trying really.

Yea, I just can't get harvest garden to pop that much and have that option even come up... Anyway, t's okay. I decided to just go without hypothermia and instead I went with (blue) Increased Critical Strikes. I know that others said that they used it last league and loved it...., so we'll see... this way I can just use 2 Greens, 3 Blue's and 1 Red, which I had no problem getting...

There must be info but I can't search 400 pages.

Is adds # to # fire damage to spell in weapon ok?

I know freezing pulse is obviously cold damage that's why I am asking.
It's not great, but it's OK.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info