[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
I guess I'm trying to figure out what the breakpoint is. PoB is a bit confusing to check DPS, but I always felt that the + level of cold gems should be a much higher damage stat, but from what I can see you get a lot more from other mods.

We're talking about it a few posts back:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24046923

Also, try POB item tester:

https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester/

"
limevan wrote:
The interesting thing about the AB setup is how it really chunks bosses. Blade Blast's Unnerve is a 10% MORE multiplier; while the div.

I'm interested to see if you can find something better, but hydrosphere + hex 5 + double curse, with a curse jewel, seems pretty efficient and hard to beat. Two curses, unnerve, cull, and cold exposure in one package.

Though I still haven't switched to dash. Spent the past day trying to find a blue city in delve so I can 6 link a corrupted soul mantle first...
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 26, 2021, 1:55:43 AM
This build looks super interesting - I don't have a heck a lot of currency but how much do currency do you think is needed to get this build off the ground and how far would that take me?
You can get up to T13, T14 quite comfortably with perhaps 25c investment:

20/20 Freezing Pulse (4c)
5 link Soul Mantle (3c)
2x Kikazaru (2c)
1x First Snow (1c)
1x Clear Mind (4c)
1x Self-flagellation (1c)
2x 5c wands

Where the second First Snow comes from the story.

You'll be able to clear high yellow ultimatums too, but not T13/T14 ones. To clear T16 maps, you'll want to get to Viridi's Veil, a 6 link Mantle, Coward's Legacy, awakened DPS gems, 21/20 FP, and probably cluster jewels.

With some good wands, that'll probably get you through ultimatums in those maps too.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 26, 2021, 5:41:09 AM
Great build but I think I'm lacking some HP somewhere. What should be my next upgrades in terms of damage and survivability?

My pob: https://pastebin.com/398zEnhw
Oh something that we can look out for while running the Magic ring for Viridi's is a synthesized one. They can roll beyond the (5-7)% increased maximum Life that a normal Vermillion Ring is bound to.

Here are some mods that could be useful to keep an eye out for:

(7–8)% increased maximum Life
+(7–8)% to Chaos Resistance
+(18–20) to Dexterity
6% increased Dexterity
(16–25)% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
(4–5)% increased Movement Speed
5% increased Cast Speed
(14–15)% increased Damage
(15–16)% increased Cold Damage
Adds (12–16) to (24–28) Cold Damage
(15–16)% increased Elemental Damage
(18–20)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+(19–20)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
(7–10)% increased Effect of Cold Ailments
(7–10)% increased Effect of Shock
6% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge
Hello everyone,

so i dont know why but after passing to veils after importing to POB i lost damage and lightning resistance doenst match, what i am doing wrong please,

And if you see my POB should I change wands??

Farming for 6L and amulet and belt, so hard to get currency this season, i been gathering Chaos :( and a lot is from recipe. If anyone has some tips please i will appreciate

My POB,

https://pastebin.com/KhfxXbeh

Thank you all
"
limevan wrote:
Just tested Elemental Equilibrium. It seems that with Ancestral Bond, Arcanist Brand's attached skills do not hit and thus do not apply any elemental damage to proc it. RIP.

Also, I tried going with this setup to work towards your double curse with Awak HT:

Hydrosphere - Awak HT - Frostbite - Ele Weakness (I don't have aHT5 yet :\)

Arcanist Brand - Sniper's Mark - Blade Blast - div. Purifying Flame

Frost Shield - Inc. AOE - div. Arcane Surge

The interesting thing about the AB setup is how it really chunks bosses. Blade Blast's Unnerve is a 10% MORE multiplier; while the div. PF that I'm testing now does 2 things. First, it applies Consecrated Ground on where we need it, so our Critical Strike chance is increased by 100%. Also, divergent PF at 20% is another 5% MORE multiplier. So in total, AB's 3 linked skills give us a 64% MORE multiplier (1.1 x 1.05 x 1.42) without considering the Consecrated Ground's crit bonus.

Dropping Chaos Golem feels like a neceesary hassle to proc Arcane Surge. In Stone Circles, the Frost Shield provides a nice protective layer. Raw Spell Crit Strike Chance is huge too.

I'll report back after a couple days of playing this variant.

That's not how "increased damage taken" works. All sources of increased damage taken are additive with each other, it's one more multiplier, not multiple. You can see that this is how it works in PoB, also logically, if increased damage taken worked like that, it'd be fucking busted.

So for example, sniper's mark gives 40%, cold conduction shock gives 19%, bottled faith gives 8% (depending on your roll), unnerve gives 10%, divergent pf gives 5% for a total of 82% more multiplier across the board from "increased damage taken". The AB setup gives you 10+5 from unnerve/div. pf, assuming you'd be self-casting sniper's mark. So the difference is between a 67% more multiplier and an 82%. So about 9% more damage.

Still good, obviously, but not as insane as each being its own separate more multiplier.
Last edited by euphemon on Apr 26, 2021, 8:24:58 AM
"
euphemon wrote:
"
limevan wrote:
Just tested Elemental Equilibrium. It seems that with Ancestral Bond, Arcanist Brand's attached skills do not hit and thus do not apply any elemental damage to proc it. RIP.

Also, I tried going with this setup to work towards your double curse with Awak HT:

Hydrosphere - Awak HT - Frostbite - Ele Weakness (I don't have aHT5 yet :\)

Arcanist Brand - Sniper's Mark - Blade Blast - div. Purifying Flame

Frost Shield - Inc. AOE - div. Arcane Surge

The interesting thing about the AB setup is how it really chunks bosses. Blade Blast's Unnerve is a 10% MORE multiplier; while the div. PF that I'm testing now does 2 things. First, it applies Consecrated Ground on where we need it, so our Critical Strike chance is increased by 100%. Also, divergent PF at 20% is another 5% MORE multiplier. So in total, AB's 3 linked skills give us a 64% MORE multiplier (1.1 x 1.05 x 1.42) without considering the Consecrated Ground's crit bonus.

Dropping Chaos Golem feels like a neceesary hassle to proc Arcane Surge. In Stone Circles, the Frost Shield provides a nice protective layer. Raw Spell Crit Strike Chance is huge too.

I'll report back after a couple days of playing this variant.

That's not how "increased damage taken" works. All sources of increased damage taken are additive with each other, it's one more multiplier, not multiple. You can see that this is how it works in PoB, also logically, if increased damage taken worked like that, it'd be fucking busted.

So for example, sniper's mark gives 40%, cold conduction shock gives 19%, bottled faith gives 8% (depending on your roll), unnerve gives 10%, divergent pf gives 5% for a total of 82% more multiplier across the board from "increased damage taken". The AB setup gives you 10+5 from unnerve/div. pf, assuming you'd be self-casting sniper's mark. So the difference is between a 67% more multiplier and an 82%. So about 9% more damage.

Still good, obviously, but not as insane as each being its own separate more multiplier.

You are absolutely right. I've edited my original post after confirming the numbers on POB.
I think I wasted all my coloring luck on my 5 linked Mantles, cant for the life of me manage to get my 6 linked to color correctly and its starting to REALLY annoy me -.-

EDIT: All I had to do was come here and complain and boom! I got it!
Last edited by kaygee82 on Apr 26, 2021, 9:08:04 AM
"
kaygee82 wrote:
I think I wasted all my coloring luck on my 5 linked Mantles, cant for the life of me manage to get my 6 linked to color correctly and its starting to REALLY annoy me -.-

EDIT: All I had to do was come here and complain and boom! I got it!

i feel you :D

wasted 120 away ... ragemode bought 500 ... 7th 3g2b1r ... lul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info