[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I watched Grimro's earlier video on his starter and he mentioned swapping to Ice Spear for bossing. I was worried that FP would limp along when it came to bossing, but it turns out that it works just fine. In the A9 Sirus clear, you can see how the Arcanist Brand does the marking, unnerving and exposure. By delegating quite a bit of work to the AB, we can focus on the rest of the inputs to maximise the damage output.

Given how much of a glass cannon this is, I'm hesitant to pop a Vaal RF, but I'm sure it can speed things up a whole lot.

"
NoImagination wrote:

What's elemental exposure?

Whoops, D3 player here, sorry for the confusion. I meant Elemental Equilibrium.
"
limevan wrote:
I watched Grimro's earlier video on his starter and he mentioned swapping to Ice Spear for bossing. I was worried that FP would limp along when it came to bossing, but it turns out that it works just fine. In the A9 Sirus clear, you can see how the Arcanist Brand does the marking, unnerving and exposure. By delegating quite a bit of work to the AB, we can focus on the rest of the inputs to maximise the damage output.

Can we not just use hydrosphere still though? It doesn't attach, but most bosses stand still long enough for us to phase them. It also applies exposure and works against crowds if we ever need that (e.g. you place it on top of totems in ultimatums, and it helps stop them getting hit).
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 25, 2021, 3:12:40 PM
Obligatory "here is my stuff" post

I was following Grims guide for a while but this one seems to survive a bit better. Once I switched over I was dying much less.

Really appreciate all the theory crafting going on here! Quite interesting.
I am lagging behind myself as I still have not managed to save up enough for a 6 link, but hopefully I will be able to take advantage of the tweaks you all are talking about in a month or two :)
The price of a 6 link keeps going down slowly, but the price of exalts keeps going up!
At least I have managed to buy most of the other gear besides the 6 link chest and the amulet.
Almost done with this build, killed everything up to Awakener 8, now I'm farming to get Maven boss fight.

Clearing is good, survivality depens on how you play (if you rush and go blind you will die a lot more than if you move carefully).

Bossing for mapping is ok, and for more though bosses the big difference for me was Pandemonious + Annointment to get both Sniper's Mark + Frostbite at the same time.

I don't have Watcher's Eye, I don't have the Large Cluster Jewel, I don't have Bottle Faith, I don't have Helmet or bot enchantments, I don't have GG weapons... And I can still clear everything (depending on Maven but it's clearly doable if you know the mechanics of the fight).
For those trying to get figure out clusters, I'm currently running only one medium astonishing affliction/cold conduction and it's a great setup.

Last league when comparing to a full cluster setup at level 94, it was only a small 1-2% dps less and significantly cheaper to get up and running. By the time I moved builds I was at something like 1.7m dps per totem in pob. I grabbed the setup from loloppe way earlier in the thread. Definitely worth checking out.
Last edited by dperls on Apr 25, 2021, 5:54:03 PM
What is the best way currently to craft the large cold cluster jewel? Spammed 150 frigid fossils and no luck.
Hi!

Finished with this build and loving how it felt. Was farming Maven's, Shapers and Invitations.

One question I had is about the wands. I see that Wallach recommends + level of cold gems, but when I check PoE Ninja and look at the top FP totem players, I see only a small percentage (15%) use the + level on their wands. Instead they opt for higher added cold damage, more crit multi etc.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what the breakpoint is. PoB is a bit confusing to check DPS, but I always felt that the + level of cold gems should be a much higher damage stat, but from what I can see you get a lot more from other mods.

So what are true end game wand(s)?

Edit: Here are my wands;

Last edited by Chymest on Apr 25, 2021, 8:51:35 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
limevan wrote:

Can we not just use hydrosphere still though? It doesn't attach, but most bosses stand still long enough for us to phase them. It also applies exposure and works against crowds if we ever need that (e.g. you place it on top of totems in ultimatums, and it helps stop them getting hit).

Yup! I'm working on that based on your idea.

I'll test to see if this works:

Hydrosphere - Awakened Hextouch Support - Frostbite - Elemental Weakness

Arcanist Brand - Sniper's Mark - Blast Blast - big AOE lightning/fire spell

+whispers of doom

I'll check how the double/triple curse works on bosses, and whether the Elemental Equilibrium works as planned.

"
Curses linked to Level 5 Awakened Hextouch Support interact favorably with other curses that have lower curse limit. For example, if the player links only one curse to Awakened Hextouch Support, then that curse will not override or be overridden by any other curse the player casts with their default curse limit.

This wiki quote gives me hope.
Last edited by limevan on Apr 25, 2021, 10:39:49 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:

I recommend generating a weighted sum search with this:

https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester

I tried using this. It doesn't seem to work very well.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
Just tested Elemental Equilibrium. It seems that with Ancestral Bond, Arcanist Brand's attached skills do not hit and thus do not apply any elemental damage to proc it. RIP.

Also, I tried going with this setup to work towards your double curse with Awak HT:

Hydrosphere - Awak HT - Frostbite - Ele Weakness (I don't have aHT5 yet :\)

Arcanist Brand - Sniper's Mark - Blade Blast - div. Purifying Flame

Frost Shield - Inc. AOE - div. Arcane Surge

Spoiler
The interesting thing about the AB setup is how it really chunks bosses. Blade Blast's Unnerve is a 10% MORE multiplier; while the div. PF that I'm testing now does 2 things. First, it applies Consecrated Ground on where we need it, so our Critical Strike chance is increased by 100%. Also, divergent PF at 20% is another 5% MORE multiplier. So in total, AB's 3 linked skills give us a 64% MORE multiplier (1.1 x 1.05 x 1.42) without considering the Consecrated Ground's crit bonus.

The paragraph above marked as a spoiler is wrong. Thanks to euphemon for clarifying that increased damage taken sources are additive, and not multiplicative as I thought. As such, the total increased damage taken multiplier is 1.72 (42% (Sniper's Mark) + 15% (Bonechill) + 10% (Unnerve) + 5% (PF))

Dropping Chaos Golem feels like a neceesary hassle to proc Arcane Surge. In Stone Circles, the Frost Shield provides a nice protective layer. Raw Spell Crit Strike Chance is huge too.

I'll report back after a couple days of playing this variant.
Last edited by limevan on Apr 26, 2021, 8:44:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info