[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
yissus wrote:
NoImagination whats your "spell critical chance" of your totems in your offence tab?. I have 36.3%. Its fine? or how much do you need for endgame?

42.66%, 417% multiplier. I think total DPS matters more, I wouldn't worry about crit chance too much though. We fire quickly, we fire a lot of projectiles, and we have flasks that help crits a lot.

One thing crit chance does matter for is deciding which flasks to run, but I'm not really at the point that it's worth figuring out the best upgrades yet, there are so many areas where my character is weak still.

"
NoImagination wrote:
Given this:

"
NoImagination wrote:
For defence, I'm using stone golem in the stoneskin CWDT, phase run, vaal cold snap and vaal grace.

I needed this DPS per area, with normal map mods.

~105k in T16
~70k in T14
~40k in T11

Harder map mods needs higher DPS. Right now, mostly I think I'd worry about life/elemental resist more than damage mods.

Update: I could do The Hidden invitation white at 185k DPS, though died three times.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 24, 2021, 1:46:23 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
yissus wrote:
NoImagination whats your "spell critical chance" of your totems in your offence tab?. I have 36.3%. Its fine? or how much do you need for endgame?

42.66%, 417% multiplier. I think total DPS matters more, I wouldn't worry about crit chance too much though. We fire quickly, we fire a lot of projectiles, and we have flasks that help crits a lot.

One thing crit chance does matter for is deciding which flasks to run, but I'm not really at the point that it's worth figuring out the best upgrades yet, there are so many areas where my character is weak still.

"
NoImagination wrote:
Given this:

"
NoImagination wrote:
For defence, I'm using stone golem in the stoneskin CWDT, phase run, vaal cold snap and vaal grace.

I needed this DPS per area, with normal map mods.

~105k in T16
~70k in T14
~40k in T11

Harder map mods needs higher DPS. Right now, mostly I think I'd worry about life/elemental resist more than damage mods.

Update: I could do The Hidden invitation white at 185k DPS, though died three times.

Are things that this build cant do?. I love freezing all. Im doing tier 5 but I love freeze every monster including bosses. Its super safe for now. I though that in your level things goes easy for the damage that you have.
The build can do anything, though of course there are builds that work better in specific areas. We can kill any boss, but many builds can kill bosses more easily than we can. The strength of this build is that we can do all the content, while e.g. boss killers generally can't.
"
chibiusa91 wrote:
i changed the skill from freezing pulse to ice nova and believe it or not, i got higher damage about 200k extra, not sure if it will out perform pulse totems but the aoe effect plus multiple totems should be safer to clear with on ultimatum.

cast rate is also doubled with ice nova!

https://pastebin.com/N6ZhyEY9 if anyone wants a looksie.

The issue you ran into here is that Ice Nova isn't actually socketed into anything into Path of Building, so it doesn't assume this link is in the Soul Mantle. That's why it is letting you link Spell Echo (this does not support totem skills), as you're not actually linked to Spell Totem Support. It's basically a self-cast 6L as it is set up in this pastebin. If you change the "Socketed In" to Body Armour just above the Ice Nova links, you'll see what I mean.
Should i get neck frst or 6 linked chest? already have head and belt ...thx for answer
May as well get the 6 link first as it's cheaper.
"
sSs1897 wrote:

The build just feels so squishy, randomly dies like once per map in juiced t16, I am going to respec to archmage now.... If anyone wants gear

lmao you're gonna feel even squishier if you play BL archmage with low-end gears.
"
chibiusa91 wrote:
i changed the skill from freezing pulse to ice nova and believe it or not, i got higher damage about 200k extra, not sure if it will out perform pulse totems but the aoe effect plus multiple totems should be safer to clear with on ultimatum.

You'd have to change the build a bit as it's based around not just buffing totems, but also buffing projectiles. And Ice Nova doesn't do projectile damage.
"
Calathan198 wrote:
"
chibiusa91 wrote:

You'd have to change the build a bit as it's based around not just buffing totems, but also buffing projectiles. And Ice Nova doesn't do projectile damage.
that's true
Hey NoImagination. Thanks for being so active in this thread. Would you mind checking me out and suggesting next obvious upgrade? I have a few Ex to spend. I was thinking a Medium Cluster, but when I drop the one Wall recommends into PoB I actually lose dps due to the talents I give up. I made sure to enable Shocked in PoB.

Current at 96k tooltip in hideout.

Maybe a different upgrade makes sense next?

Thanks for any guidance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info